Stella McCartney Stella Nude

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Stella McCartney Stella Nude

3.9

I should preface this review by saying that I am not a fan of the original Stella, or even of most rose fragrances in general. I often find them to be headache-inducing and dusty, sort of potpourri-ish. I was attracted to Stella Nude because I thought it would be a "skin scent" (hence the Nude name), that is, a clean musk primarily, with some rose notes, that wears close to the skin. Unfortunately I didn't find this to be an apt description of the fragrance at all - it's a pretty linear rose scent with maybe a tiny hint of musk in the drydown and some powder. It also has very good lasting power and sillage on me, which again, isn't a bad trait but not something I associate with a fragrance called "Nude." Very ladylike but a little too pristine and stuffy for me. If I am in the mood for wearing a rose scent, I much prefer a more earthy or "wild" smelling rose like Diptyque L'Ombre Dans L'Eau, where I can smell the whole plant and the surrounding woods.

on 10/6/2011 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I think of Stella Nude as the daytime version of Stella.
The scent in the Stella Nude is softer and gentler than the original Stella, yet it keeps the lush rose scent.
I prefer eau de toilettes to eau de parfum; there is less risk of overdoing the scent that way.
There are no harsh scents in this rose fragrance, and the scent does not change much over time. Floral fragrances have a habit of doing a scent bait-and-switch on me, but not this one.

on 8/28/2011 10:25:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

A lovely clean peony-type floral. Very fresh and pretty, but it is gone in about four hours. The full dry down is also super sweet on me, but it's so faint by that time that you can't really tell. But it's very pretty before it gets there, so it would almost be worth reapplying every three and a half hours to keep that clean, pretty floral scent. I'm not much of a floral girl, but this is so nice and refreshingly simple, without being childlike or linear.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Finally! A scent that softly complements my mood and my body chemistry. Light, airy, feminine, clean. I would much rather reapply a scent when necessary than give everyone I meet a punch in the face with my perfume when they're six feet away.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Very clean smell. I like this - smells just you just stepped out fresh out of the shower. Lovely! I only have a sample of this and will definately purchase this fragrance

I LOVED THIS! really gentle, calm, sexy and soft! like a natural smell when you wake up in the morning but with a good nice smell! 5 stars! its good if you dont want to offend people around you because this is light .. its just lovely :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Before this, my holy grail was the original Stella EDT, but somewhere along the line it started to feel like something had changed... either my nose or the perfume's formulation. It had become a bit too sharp, dark, and stifling for my taste.

Enter Stella Nude... a fresher, lighter version of the original Stella. I do see how it is a descendant of the original Stella, sharing some of its lovely rose notes, but Nude is much brighter, softer, delicate, and perhaps younger (in a good way). There's a somehow mysterious quality that gives it a clear distinction from all the generic florals out there, and a depth that makes it really compatible with my skin chemistry. It doesn't have any sharpness to it, which is a relief. Another thing I absolutely love is that they don't sell it in Japan (where I live), so there's virtually no chance of running into someone using the same fragrance as myself.

The sillage not so strong, but maybe that's not such a bad thing since it prevents me from overperfuming myself and making others feel uncomfortable. I reapply it several times during the day, so my 1.6 ounce bottle (50ml) is being used up so quickly I've just reordered it in the bigger 3.3 ounce (100ml) bottle.

For those of you wondering if Stella Nude is similar to the Sheer Stella line, I personally feel they have nothing in common (at least Sheer Stella 2009, which is the only Sheer edition I own).

on 8/23/2010 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Seen as thought the original Stella is my abosolute favourite perfume of all time i thought i'd give this a go too. This is just as lovely, but lighter and a bit fresher - perfect for daywear. Love your perfumes Stella x

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Since I love the original Stella, I hoped I'd love this and I do. This is a lighter, fresher perfume than the original but still heavy with rose. Great lasting power.

It's still a gorgeous fragrance that I highly recommend.

on 2/25/2010 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For years, I have been lazing about in the spicey-oriental-gourmand area of the perfume rainbow. It's a long story, but I've suddenly decided that florals are nowhere near as heinous as I once thought and I've become enamoured with rose notes, specifically Morrocan Rose.

After some research on the information superhighway, I had narrowed my search down to YSL's Parisienne and StellaNude as they both sounded grown-up enough for someone like me; yet they were not the scary, dusty tea rose my great-grandmother is likely wearing in her grave. It was off to Sephora to meet these two worldly ladies and see which one I would be taking home.

Without comparing the two scents, I found StellaNude to be what I would call a "Humid" floral. It's got a certain steamy quality that reminds me of a perfume on just-showered skin. I'm hooked. I've paired it with BS's Morrocan Rose body butter for dry skin and I'm hoping StellaNude will remain on the market for a while.

I'm far too much of a fickle fragrance tramp to call this a "Holy Grail", or to say I could remain faithful forever. But, for now, I'm in love...

Popular Fragrances