Stella McCartney Stella Nude

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Stella McCartney Stella Nude

3.1

I should preface this review by saying that I am not a fan of the original Stella, or even of most rose fragrances in general. I often find them to be headache-inducing and dusty, sort of potpourri-ish. I was attracted to Stella Nude because I thought it would be a "skin scent" (hence the Nude name), that is, a clean musk primarily, with some rose notes, that wears close to the skin. Unfortunately I didn't find this to be an apt description of the fragrance at all - it's a pretty linear rose scent with maybe a tiny hint of musk in the drydown and some powder. It also has very good lasting power and sillage on me, which again, isn't a bad trait but not something I associate with a fragrance called "Nude." Very ladylike but a little too pristine and stuffy for me. If I am in the mood for wearing a rose scent, I much prefer a more earthy or "wild" smelling rose like Diptyque L'Ombre Dans L'Eau, where I can smell the whole plant and the surrounding woods.

on 5/18/2011 10:29:00 PM

Mmm this perfume is heaven. It's everything full of sugar, spice and everything nice with a bit of sexy thrown in. Highly feminine with its rose-y airy scent, it is distinct and noticeable without being overpowering. I am allergic to a lot of perfumes but this one doesn't bother me at all. My boyfriend loves it too!
My only complaint is that there isnt a lotion in this!

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Finally! A scent that softly complements my mood and my body chemistry. Light, airy, feminine, clean. I would much rather reapply a scent when necessary than give everyone I meet a punch in the face with my perfume when they're six feet away.

on 5/5/2011 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I got a sample of this from Sephora. At first spray I was in heaven. This smells delicious! I am not good at describing fragrances. I thought I'd found my new summer scent but the smell evaporated within 15 minutes. I tried dousing myself in it and it still didn't last. Seems others have issue with the staying power as well. I appreciate the idea of a light fragrance but I didn't know it meant you'd literally smell "nude"! Wish this worked better for me.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Very clean smell. I like this - smells just you just stepped out fresh out of the shower. Lovely! I only have a sample of this and will definately purchase this fragrance

on 12/19/2010 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

In Sephora, at first spritz I detected a rose note.... about 30 minutes later while walking around the mall I got a wiff of what I can only describe as "wet dog". Thinking maybe it was one of the other scents I tested.... back I went for another test.....no doubt it is wet dog.... couldn't clean this hot mess off fast enough.

on 11/17/2009 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The original Stella was just too much for me. Way too much. So I was super excited to try this out. I love the rose and grapefruit notes and the slight musk in the dry down. However, there is absolutely no staying power whether on my skin or my clothes.

I wanted to love this because I do love rose scents. If this lasted longer, it might be one of my favorites.

i got a sample vial of this today. it's a nice scent, but the staying power isn't very well. at first spray you can really pick up the pink pepper note. the dry down smells very similar to stella in two peony. it's a little bit of a softer scent than say original stella, which can be a bit strong rose for some. it's a nice scent all in all. but i was hoping for something different from stella mccartney, as i find all her frags are kinda the same.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is a nice scent but it's very linear on me personally. The lasting power 4-6 hours on my skin and silage was minimal. While the notes list was Moroccan Rose, Grapefruit, White Peony, Pink Pepper, Precious Vanilla, Grey Amber, Musk I only really got Rose, a smattering of grapefruit, and a slight hit of musk on the dry down. If you are looking for something rose with staying power, this might be right up your alley!

Popular Fragrances