Stella McCartney Stella Nude

Stella McCartney Stella Nude

3.6

on 8/28/2011 10:25:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

A lovely clean peony-type floral. Very fresh and pretty, but it is gone in about four hours. The full dry down is also super sweet on me, but it's so faint by that time that you can't really tell. But it's very pretty before it gets there, so it would almost be worth reapplying every three and a half hours to keep that clean, pretty floral scent. I'm not much of a floral girl, but this is so nice and refreshingly simple, without being childlike or linear.

I LOVED THIS! really gentle, calm, sexy and soft! like a natural smell when you wake up in the morning but with a good nice smell! 5 stars! its good if you dont want to offend people around you because this is light .. its just lovely :)

on 12/19/2010 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

In Sephora, at first spritz I detected a rose note.... about 30 minutes later while walking around the mall I got a wiff of what I can only describe as "wet dog". Thinking maybe it was one of the other scents I tested.... back I went for another test.....no doubt it is wet dog.... couldn't clean this hot mess off fast enough.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Before this, my holy grail was the original Stella EDT, but somewhere along the line it started to feel like something had changed... either my nose or the perfume's formulation. It had become a bit too sharp, dark, and stifling for my taste.

Enter Stella Nude... a fresher, lighter version of the original Stella. I do see how it is a descendant of the original Stella, sharing some of its lovely rose notes, but Nude is much brighter, softer, delicate, and perhaps younger (in a good way). There's a somehow mysterious quality that gives it a clear distinction from all the generic florals out there, and a depth that makes it really compatible with my skin chemistry. It doesn't have any sharpness to it, which is a relief. Another thing I absolutely love is that they don't sell it in Japan (where I live), so there's virtually no chance of running into someone using the same fragrance as myself.

The sillage not so strong, but maybe that's not such a bad thing since it prevents me from overperfuming myself and making others feel uncomfortable. I reapply it several times during the day, so my 1.6 ounce bottle (50ml) is being used up so quickly I've just reordered it in the bigger 3.3 ounce (100ml) bottle.

For those of you wondering if Stella Nude is similar to the Sheer Stella line, I personally feel they have nothing in common (at least Sheer Stella 2009, which is the only Sheer edition I own).

on 2/25/2010 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For years, I have been lazing about in the spicey-oriental-gourmand area of the perfume rainbow. It's a long story, but I've suddenly decided that florals are nowhere near as heinous as I once thought and I've become enamoured with rose notes, specifically Morrocan Rose.

After some research on the information superhighway, I had narrowed my search down to YSL's Parisienne and StellaNude as they both sounded grown-up enough for someone like me; yet they were not the scary, dusty tea rose my great-grandmother is likely wearing in her grave. It was off to Sephora to meet these two worldly ladies and see which one I would be taking home.

Without comparing the two scents, I found StellaNude to be what I would call a "Humid" floral. It's got a certain steamy quality that reminds me of a perfume on just-showered skin. I'm hooked. I've paired it with BS's Morrocan Rose body butter for dry skin and I'm hoping StellaNude will remain on the market for a while.

I'm far too much of a fickle fragrance tramp to call this a "Holy Grail", or to say I could remain faithful forever. But, for now, I'm in love...

Stella Nude is a fresh fragrance, with notes of roses, peony, fresh vanilla, and grey amber. It smells absolutely lovely. The only thing I do not like about this fragrance is that it does not last long, even for an EDT. I usually wear a rose scented lotion underneath. Do not be shy when spraying this perfume!

on 11/30/2009 11:52:00 AM

It smells very similar to Narcisso Rodriguez's For Her. I already have for her so I did not find the need to buy this one. It smells a bit strong when you spray it. It has a nice staying power.

on 11/24/2009 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

First off, I'm a big Stella Rose Absolut fan so wanted to try this one out. The bottle is pretty much exactly the same except that it's a pale pink colour instead of deep purple so I do like it. However, the scent itself is gross.

I don't usually read the scent notes since i'm not an expert and so I just buy depending on what I do smell. This smells like strong, alien sweat if that makes any sense at all. It's not floral, it's not fruity and it's not a sporty freshness. I'm guessing this is classified as a woody oriental of some sort but basically, all I can smell is a strange fleshy skin smell that's kinda like someone who put on perfume a couple of days ago and hasn't taken a bath since. It's kinda disgusting actually, which was disappointing to me since I wanted to like it.

i got a sample vial of this today. it's a nice scent, but the staying power isn't very well. at first spray you can really pick up the pink pepper note. the dry down smells very similar to stella in two peony. it's a little bit of a softer scent than say original stella, which can be a bit strong rose for some. it's a nice scent all in all. but i was hoping for something different from stella mccartney, as i find all her frags are kinda the same.

Popular Fragrances