Stella McCartney Stella Nude

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Stella McCartney Stella Nude

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Before this, my holy grail was the original Stella EDT, but somewhere along the line it started to feel like something had changed... either my nose or the perfume's formulation. It had become a bit too sharp, dark, and stifling for my taste.

Enter Stella Nude... a fresher, lighter version of the original Stella. I do see how it is a descendant of the original Stella, sharing some of its lovely rose notes, but Nude is much brighter, softer, delicate, and perhaps younger (in a good way). There's a somehow mysterious quality that gives it a clear distinction from all the generic florals out there, and a depth that makes it really compatible with my skin chemistry. It doesn't have any sharpness to it, which is a relief. Another thing I absolutely love is that they don't sell it in Japan (where I live), so there's virtually no chance of running into someone using the same fragrance as myself.

The sillage not so strong, but maybe that's not such a bad thing since it prevents me from overperfuming myself and making others feel uncomfortable. I reapply it several times during the day, so my 1.6 ounce bottle (50ml) is being used up so quickly I've just reordered it in the bigger 3.3 ounce (100ml) bottle.

For those of you wondering if Stella Nude is similar to the Sheer Stella line, I personally feel they have nothing in common (at least Sheer Stella 2009, which is the only Sheer edition I own).

on 4/11/2010 12:28:00 AM

I love rose scents but, hate the old lady versions. This is very current and young. Lovely light fragrance. Definitely a must try. I am not normally a big floral person but, this fragrance was a pleasant surprise. Love it.

on 2/25/2010 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For years, I have been lazing about in the spicey-oriental-gourmand area of the perfume rainbow. It's a long story, but I've suddenly decided that florals are nowhere near as heinous as I once thought and I've become enamoured with rose notes, specifically Morrocan Rose.

After some research on the information superhighway, I had narrowed my search down to YSL's Parisienne and StellaNude as they both sounded grown-up enough for someone like me; yet they were not the scary, dusty tea rose my great-grandmother is likely wearing in her grave. It was off to Sephora to meet these two worldly ladies and see which one I would be taking home.

Without comparing the two scents, I found StellaNude to be what I would call a "Humid" floral. It's got a certain steamy quality that reminds me of a perfume on just-showered skin. I'm hooked. I've paired it with BS's Morrocan Rose body butter for dry skin and I'm hoping StellaNude will remain on the market for a while.

I'm far too much of a fickle fragrance tramp to call this a "Holy Grail", or to say I could remain faithful forever. But, for now, I'm in love...

on 11/22/2009 6:32:00 PM

Im surprised no reviews have yet brought up an obvious ammonia smell that nearly burns my nostrils. And it doesnt dissipate quickly like most alcohol on perfumes does. It is a fresh greenish sharp smell. I have tried this twice and I got it both times it is sharp and yet faint at the same time. After 2 hours that smell finally goes away and a nice scent is left. It is so boring though. So sale.

Popular Fragrances