Stella McCartney Stella Nude

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Stella McCartney Stella Nude

3.3

I should preface this review by saying that I am not a fan of the original Stella, or even of most rose fragrances in general. I often find them to be headache-inducing and dusty, sort of potpourri-ish. I was attracted to Stella Nude because I thought it would be a "skin scent" (hence the Nude name), that is, a clean musk primarily, with some rose notes, that wears close to the skin. Unfortunately I didn't find this to be an apt description of the fragrance at all - it's a pretty linear rose scent with maybe a tiny hint of musk in the drydown and some powder. It also has very good lasting power and sillage on me, which again, isn't a bad trait but not something I associate with a fragrance called "Nude." Very ladylike but a little too pristine and stuffy for me. If I am in the mood for wearing a rose scent, I much prefer a more earthy or "wild" smelling rose like Diptyque L'Ombre Dans L'Eau, where I can smell the whole plant and the surrounding woods.

on 9/10/2011 7:53:00 PM

I have always loved Stella McCartney, but found the original a little too heavy. In comes Stella Nude...and I love it. I was in Shopper's Drug Mart (for my American friends it's a Canadian drug store chain) and gave myself a spray. I was instantly in love. I kept telling the cosmetician how great it smelled, until I realized I was sounding a little loopy and quickly made my purchase. It really is a great fragrance and I am not a usually a rose lover. My historic scents are Pure Grace, Chanel no. 5, Narcisco (all Narcisco) and frankly anything musky. But there is something so simple and clean about Stella Nude, it has quickly become one of my favorites.

on 8/28/2011 10:25:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

A lovely clean peony-type floral. Very fresh and pretty, but it is gone in about four hours. The full dry down is also super sweet on me, but it's so faint by that time that you can't really tell. But it's very pretty before it gets there, so it would almost be worth reapplying every three and a half hours to keep that clean, pretty floral scent. I'm not much of a floral girl, but this is so nice and refreshingly simple, without being childlike or linear.

on 5/18/2011 10:29:00 PM

Mmm this perfume is heaven. It's everything full of sugar, spice and everything nice with a bit of sexy thrown in. Highly feminine with its rose-y airy scent, it is distinct and noticeable without being overpowering. I am allergic to a lot of perfumes but this one doesn't bother me at all. My boyfriend loves it too!
My only complaint is that there isnt a lotion in this!

on 3/14/2011 11:33:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This really is quite a lovely, calm sensual skin scent. It just does not mix well with my chemistry.

on 12/19/2010 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

In Sephora, at first spritz I detected a rose note.... about 30 minutes later while walking around the mall I got a wiff of what I can only describe as "wet dog". Thinking maybe it was one of the other scents I tested.... back I went for another test.....no doubt it is wet dog.... couldn't clean this hot mess off fast enough.

on 8/23/2010 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Seen as thought the original Stella is my abosolute favourite perfume of all time i thought i'd give this a go too. This is just as lovely, but lighter and a bit fresher - perfect for daywear. Love your perfumes Stella x

on 1/26/2010 9:26:00 AM

I *just* bought this fragrance last night at Sephora and I am wearing it now. Had I read and then heeded the reviews I may not have purchased this. However, I didn't read, I did purchase, and I am THRILLED that I did. This scent is absolutely gorgeous. I was looking for something to replace Bath and Body Works Peony scent which they discontinued and this is a dead ringer for it. This smells amazing on me. So much so my mother opened my bottle and used it before I could!! (I had tried the tester on at Sephora). I have BOATLOADS of perfume and body lotion at home so I won't need perfume til I die but I WILL probably repurchase this when I run out. I would have given this 4 lippies but I want to take a few more days to test drive this and then I will update my rating

I'm so surprised more people don't seem to like this. It's a pretty. feminine, floral, but clean scent. My only complaint, as someone else mentioned, is that it doesn't last very long.

on 12/29/2009 9:24:00 AM

I love Stella McCartney's other fragrances, they are among my favorites, but I don't like this one at all.
It smells outdated and unoriginal. Nobody around me liked it either. It reminds me of something my grandmother wore many years ago but not in a good way. That being said, there is nothing awful about- it probably won't offend anyone, just bore them.

Popular Fragrances