Stella McCartney Stella Nude

Stella McCartney Stella Nude

3.7

on 2/25/2010 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For years, I have been lazing about in the spicey-oriental-gourmand area of the perfume rainbow. It's a long story, but I've suddenly decided that florals are nowhere near as heinous as I once thought and I've become enamoured with rose notes, specifically Morrocan Rose.

After some research on the information superhighway, I had narrowed my search down to YSL's Parisienne and StellaNude as they both sounded grown-up enough for someone like me; yet they were not the scary, dusty tea rose my great-grandmother is likely wearing in her grave. It was off to Sephora to meet these two worldly ladies and see which one I would be taking home.

Without comparing the two scents, I found StellaNude to be what I would call a "Humid" floral. It's got a certain steamy quality that reminds me of a perfume on just-showered skin. I'm hooked. I've paired it with BS's Morrocan Rose body butter for dry skin and I'm hoping StellaNude will remain on the market for a while.

I'm far too much of a fickle fragrance tramp to call this a "Holy Grail", or to say I could remain faithful forever. But, for now, I'm in love...

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Finally! A scent that softly complements my mood and my body chemistry. Light, airy, feminine, clean. I would much rather reapply a scent when necessary than give everyone I meet a punch in the face with my perfume when they're six feet away.

on 10/25/2009 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I didnt like the original stella in the purple bottle. Of all Nude is my favourite. It is a watery fresh rose scent that im not normally drawn to but this has a very natural smell. It lasts for ages. In fact the only reason why im writing this review is that i could smell it on my jacket after 2 weeks! I realised later it was Nude. What i like about this fragrance is that it doesnt smell synthetic no headaches and a simple fresh scent that i found soothing. Would definately purchase.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is a nice scent but it's very linear on me personally. The lasting power 4-6 hours on my skin and silage was minimal. While the notes list was Moroccan Rose, Grapefruit, White Peony, Pink Pepper, Precious Vanilla, Grey Amber, Musk I only really got Rose, a smattering of grapefruit, and a slight hit of musk on the dry down. If you are looking for something rose with staying power, this might be right up your alley!

on 10/6/2011 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I think of Stella Nude as the daytime version of Stella.
The scent in the Stella Nude is softer and gentler than the original Stella, yet it keeps the lush rose scent.
I prefer eau de toilettes to eau de parfum; there is less risk of overdoing the scent that way.
There are no harsh scents in this rose fragrance, and the scent does not change much over time. Floral fragrances have a habit of doing a scent bait-and-switch on me, but not this one.

on 9/10/2011 7:53:00 PM

I have always loved Stella McCartney, but found the original a little too heavy. In comes Stella Nude...and I love it. I was in Shopper's Drug Mart (for my American friends it's a Canadian drug store chain) and gave myself a spray. I was instantly in love. I kept telling the cosmetician how great it smelled, until I realized I was sounding a little loopy and quickly made my purchase. It really is a great fragrance and I am not a usually a rose lover. My historic scents are Pure Grace, Chanel no. 5, Narcisco (all Narcisco) and frankly anything musky. But there is something so simple and clean about Stella Nude, it has quickly become one of my favorites.

Stella Nude is a fresh fragrance, with notes of roses, peony, fresh vanilla, and grey amber. It smells absolutely lovely. The only thing I do not like about this fragrance is that it does not last long, even for an EDT. I usually wear a rose scented lotion underneath. Do not be shy when spraying this perfume!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

the original stella is the only scent i wear anymore, so i ordered this hoping i'd like it as much as the original. it's a softer rose than stella, and smells a bit like potpurri--but in a good way. i get mostly rose and some musk, and a faint dustiness from this. a nice, clean, relaxing smell. definitely comforting--i got the linen spray, and use it on my clothes and bedding. guys always stop me and tell me i smell amazing. ;)

on 8/28/2011 10:25:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

A lovely clean peony-type floral. Very fresh and pretty, but it is gone in about four hours. The full dry down is also super sweet on me, but it's so faint by that time that you can't really tell. But it's very pretty before it gets there, so it would almost be worth reapplying every three and a half hours to keep that clean, pretty floral scent. I'm not much of a floral girl, but this is so nice and refreshingly simple, without being childlike or linear.

on 5/18/2011 10:29:00 PM

Mmm this perfume is heaven. It's everything full of sugar, spice and everything nice with a bit of sexy thrown in. Highly feminine with its rose-y airy scent, it is distinct and noticeable without being overpowering. I am allergic to a lot of perfumes but this one doesn't bother me at all. My boyfriend loves it too!
My only complaint is that there isnt a lotion in this!

Popular Fragrances