Stella McCartney Stella Nude

Filtered by age: 19-24
Stella McCartney Stella Nude

4.2

I should preface this review by saying that I am not a fan of the original Stella, or even of most rose fragrances in general. I often find them to be headache-inducing and dusty, sort of potpourri-ish. I was attracted to Stella Nude because I thought it would be a "skin scent" (hence the Nude name), that is, a clean musk primarily, with some rose notes, that wears close to the skin. Unfortunately I didn't find this to be an apt description of the fragrance at all - it's a pretty linear rose scent with maybe a tiny hint of musk in the drydown and some powder. It also has very good lasting power and sillage on me, which again, isn't a bad trait but not something I associate with a fragrance called "Nude." Very ladylike but a little too pristine and stuffy for me. If I am in the mood for wearing a rose scent, I much prefer a more earthy or "wild" smelling rose like Diptyque L'Ombre Dans L'Eau, where I can smell the whole plant and the surrounding woods.

on 5/18/2011 10:29:00 PM

Mmm this perfume is heaven. It's everything full of sugar, spice and everything nice with a bit of sexy thrown in. Highly feminine with its rose-y airy scent, it is distinct and noticeable without being overpowering. I am allergic to a lot of perfumes but this one doesn't bother me at all. My boyfriend loves it too!
My only complaint is that there isnt a lotion in this!

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this perfume. I don't know much about perfume and different notes and stuff like that, but I will say that whatever is going on here I really dig it. To me it smells very romantic and spring-y. This is the only perfume I have ever bought after smelling just the sample size (shout out to Sephora!!!), but it made such an impression that I actually went ahead and bought it. It's my 'special occasions' scent.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Since I love the original Stella, I hoped I'd love this and I do. This is a lighter, fresher perfume than the original but still heavy with rose. Great lasting power.

It's still a gorgeous fragrance that I highly recommend.

Stella Nude is a fresh fragrance, with notes of roses, peony, fresh vanilla, and grey amber. It smells absolutely lovely. The only thing I do not like about this fragrance is that it does not last long, even for an EDT. I usually wear a rose scented lotion underneath. Do not be shy when spraying this perfume!