Pixi Natural Mineral Kit

Pixi Natural Mineral Kit
Natural Mineral KitNatural Mineral KitNatural Mineral Kit

4.5

Thanks to the reviewer here who mentioned that this kit has dupes for MAC blacktie, mulch, rice paper and shroom. I checked, and yes they are dupes. Perfect dupes, except Rice Paper which in this kit, the dupe is not yellowy. I must say I've come to love the brand and their eye shadows and purchased some more. I'm amazed by the quality, the buttery shadows, wonderful pigments, must-have neutrals and mimimal fall-out. In this kit, the top layer of eyeshadows are amazing. The next layer - it's a cream bronzer and a powder bronzer. Well, it's actually blush but I use it as bronzer. The cream one, not so much because it has shimmer. But the powder bronzer I sometimes use to contour and it works okay. The lip glosses I have only used once and I'm not impressed. But I got the kit for a bargain like many here and I'm really happy with it considering what I paid. I might even repurchase for the shadows.

on 4/2/2012 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a perfectly coordinated kit, especially for travel, as it is very compact and has nearly everything that you need, with the exception of concealer and mascara. I bought the No. 2 Stockholm. I love the deep plummy shade used wet as an upper lid eyeliner. I like the sand shade as well. I don't do pinks very well on the eye area, so I rarely use that shade. I love the powder blusher, a very nice peachy-pink color, and I actually use this as a bronzer and then add the cream blush on top of the bronzer, just along the cheekbone area for a glowing pop of color. My absolute favorite is the deep plum gloss for the lips. I love this color! It just brightens my whole face! I wish I could find a lipstick, which is more longer lasting than a gloss, in the exact shade. The only real complaint I have is the cardboard packaging with the cream blush and 2 glosses, because the cardboard around it gets greasy and stained. I'm a fanatic about keeping all my makeup very clean and organized, so maybe that wigs me out a bit more than someone else.

on 4/1/2010 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

This is my 2nd purchase of Pixi cosmetics, and I'm beginning to fall in love with it! First the gel blush was awesome, and now the St. Barbara kit is gorgeous! Bought it on ebay for about $10 or $15 which is quite cheap comparing to buying it full price. LOVE the shadow quart, it's perfect for natural look, smoldering and smoky look. It contains very pigmented and satin finished eye shadows (first color is champagne for the brow bone highlighting, second is blush, third is light toffee and last is like dark toffee). The color is buildable and layerable as well.. The second stack contains a creme blush and powder cake blush which both I adore so much, the creme blush color is so velvety, easy to blend and doesn't streak and the powder blush (just like the shadows) is highly pigmented, so you only need one or two swipes, that'll do it :) I'm not a big fan of lip gloss so I really couldn't care less about it. There are 2 colors but honestly when I put it on, the colors didn't show, it only appears like transparent lip glosses with very faint hint of color, but it lasts for a while, not sticky and quite moisturizing. The packaging is creative and practical but it's not the most well-made packaging out there. But hey, it's the products that matter! You have to try this :)

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This product seems like a great idea, that is to have eye, lip and cheek products in one small box. But the small box is made out of cardboard, so it creases everytime you flip for each layer.
I bought all three boxes for $5AUD, which is amazingly cheap. The ST.Topaz kit stands out the most, the colours are more pigmented in this box, which makes me regret buying the other two. The eyeshadows are quite powdery and it's obvious in Santa Barbara and Stockholm as have paler shadows. I was most excited about the creme blushes being in the package, but they are no different to ordinary clear lip gloss. Unlike the powdered blushes, the creme blushes and lipgloesses have no pigmentation. But it really isn't an awful buy, I highly recommend the St Topaz kit.

I've never tried products from Pixi cosmetics before but I decided to purchase the Natural Mineral Kit in No 1 St. barbara because I saw that this kit contains 4 shadows, 2 blushes (one cream and one powder), and also two lip glosses, which would be convenient if you want something to bring with you on the go. However, I have to say that I was fairly disappointed by the quality. For me, the lip glosses were fairly sheer and the powder blush didn't really show up on my skin tone while the cream blush was almost translucent. The only reason I gave this kit a 3/5 lippies is because I do find the three out of the four eyeshadows provided very useful. I actually cut out and discarded the blush and lip gloss portion of this kit (which is possible since the packaging is made out of cardboard-esque material.) I hate to be so harsh on something especially since so many reviewers actually like this kit, but if it weren't for the eyeshadows, I would have given this kit a 1.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These kits are great! I have Stockholm and Santa Barbara, and plan on getting the last one, St Tropez too.
First off, these are ridiculously overpriced. I can't believe they are actually charging 28 for these. It's silly prices like this that could really put me off Pixi. I don't think they have the reputation to justify randomly high prices, and the quality is not always on that level either. Plus, I only like half of the contents of the kits, so I would never pay that much for them. Luckily, it's easy to find these cheaper on ebay and ACW.
The eyeshadows in the kits I have are *amazing* quality. I've noticed that Pixi seem to make awful quality matte eyeshadows, decent quality shimmer shadows, but these pearly finish shadows are better than any of those. The consistency is buttery and the colour pay-off is really good. Very comparable to the consistency/pay-off of the UD Naked palette. Also, in both of the kits I have, the colours are very well coordinated, and yet each colour is interesting on its own.
The powder blushes in the kits I have are really nice, Stockholm has a golden pink and Santa Barbara has a lightly shimmery peach. The creme blushes are quite nice too, but I don't think they'll last very long on my oily skin, they don't seem to set much, they just stay creamy.
The lipglosses are nice, but very sheer, and I almost never wear lipgloss. They are a nice addition, but I would have preferred one lipgloss and one lipstick. I think I might end up doing what another reviewer said below, i.e. cutting the lip gloss tray off to save space. Or, it looks like it should be possible, with a bit of effort, to remove the individual pans, so I might remove the creme blush pan, insert one of the lipglosses there, and cut the lip tray off. All in all, these are a great buy if you can find them cheaper than full price.

on 11/9/2009 6:23:00 PM

i LOVE these things!! I have St Tropez and Stockholm and they are my go-to palettes for summer and winter. The first layer of the kit has shadows, which are very soft, pigmented, and easy to work with. The colors are lovely and complimentary, so it's a nice kit to use in the morning when you don't want to think about anything. I think St Tropez's selection was a little more pigmented. The second layer has a cream and powder cheek color, blushes for the Stockholm and bronzers for the St Tropez. They have a nice texture, but you have to be careful when sweeping your brush across the powder so you don't get it in the cream. The powder blush and eyeshadows both have a bit of a cherryish scent, but it wasn't noticeable once applied. The last layer has lip gloss. They aren't my favorite, a little sticky and mostly sheer, but Stockholm has a nice bright pinky red gloss that I enjoyed a lot. The kit itself is adorable and contains a lot of product. They are on a lot of sale sites right now, so definitely keep an eye out for these!

I purchased all three of the kits at Target because they were on clearance for $6.25 from $25 also. This was definitely a steal. Each kit comes with four eyeshadows, one powder blush or bronzer, one creme blush or bronzer, and two lipglosses. The eyeshadows come in four shades for each kit. They're very neutral colors with shimmer. They're similar to the maybelline quads. So you can do a day or evening look anytime with one kit. The powder blush and bronzer are really nice. They're smooth and have a little bit of shimmer. However, I do not like the creme blush because they are hard to blend and sticky. The lipglosses come in pretty colors mostly pink. This is a really good kit for an on the go look.

on 9/20/2009 2:52:00 PM

This Product is amazing, i bought by ebay for $14.. i saw you tube

, and she explain how to use everythig. The eyeshadows are high pigmented. Great for brunettes

on 10/20/2009 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in No. 3 St. Tropez...and let just say I absolutely love this so much!! I love the eyeshadows, they are very creamy, and pigmented, and the colors are absolutely beautiful! I was told the quad are like dupes for MAC blacktie, mulch, rice paper and shroom...so if you like those, you would like this kit. The blushes are nice too, although the blush is this one is more like a blonzer, it looks nice on my skin tone, I used the cream blush for contouring my cheeks, and the two lipglosses are pretty nude and pink color and moisturizing....so I would buy this again definitely, but it's gonna last me a long time, now i'm tempting to buy the other two kits too :)