Paula's Choice CLEAR Regular Strength Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution With 2% Salicylic Acid

CLEAR Regular Strength Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution With 2% Salicylic AcidCLEAR Regular Strength Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution With 2% Salicylic Acid

4.3

Not tested on animals

Active: Salicylic Acid 2%; Inactive: Water, Dipropylene Glycol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), Pentylene Glycol (slip agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Sodium Hyaluronate (water-binding agent), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Allantoin (anti-irritants), Panthenol (skin-conditioning agent), PEG/PPG-17/6/Copolymer (solvent), Methyl Gluceth-20 (skin-conditioning agent), Glycereth-26 (thickener), Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane (skin-conditioning agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Sodium Metabisulfite (stabilizer), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent).

on 9/12/2016 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Overall this product functions as a good calming toner. I haven't had any adverse reactions to this, nor do I feel that it created a drastic change in my skin.

I use this mainly in the morning as my exfoliant and have noted that it helps me skin stay calm and non reactive, with makeup use during the day.

I love the ingredients deck and feel it's definitely doing something so I will keep repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is AMAZING. I have acne prone, sensitive and combination skin and i seriously love this. I have tried a lot of chemical exfoliators (mostly glycolic) my skin doesn't seem to respond well to glycolic as i think it irritates my blemishes. Salicylic still exfoliates but is a lot more gentle and I've really noticed a difference in the texture of my skin :) I'm on my third week of using this and my post acne marks have lightened and my skin is generally looking a lot clearer. It also doesn't leave my skin looking red after I've used it which is a bonus, nothing harsh, no fragrance. Highly recommend this product!!

To Read all 99 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/30/2016 6:24:00 AM

Absolute HG and game changer for me. I have been using it for about two years and have repurchased the full size product once. Whatever else is going on in my skincare routine, I always keep this one around.

My skin is combination, becomes dehydrated easily and is prone to occasional hormonal breakouts around the chin and jaw. Before discovering the wonders of BHA, I was also pretty unhappy with the size and look of the pores on my forehead and cheeks, and sebaceous filaments on my nose. I bought this mostly to help with breakouts and improve the aspect of my skin.

I use it 2-3 times a week - everyday use leads to overexfoliation and dehydrated skin for me. I apply about 7-8 drops using my fingers after cleansing my skin in the evening. I also tried applying it with a cotton pad, but I think a lot of product is wasted that way. I wait 20 minutes, then apply a light moisturizer. I'm not sure the wait time is strictly necessary, but since the BHA needs a certain ph to be effective, I prefer not to risk interfering with that.

I'm extremely happy with the results. My breakouts are almost non-existent these days. When I do get a zit, it's a tiny whitehead that goes away in a couple of days without ever turning into an inflamed mess. While my pores and sebaceous filaments are still visible, they are much less noticeable since they're not filled with, well, gunk.

I can't think of any major negative things about this. It's quite pricy, but the way I apply it a full-size bottle lasts me about a year. Another caveat would be that it's easy to overdo it - you can tell when your skin is overexfoliated by that shiny, too tight feel. It happened to me in the beginning, when I thought I had to use it daily to see any benefits, but I'm perfectly happy since reducing the frequency of use.

on 3/8/2016 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I use this once a day in the AM. I needed to find a BHA I could use in the AM. My skin just got use to using a prescription retinoid gel every evening. My skin is too sensitive to use both a BHA and a retinoid gel at the same time. (Some people though can handle both a BHA and retinoid/retinol at the same time.) The retinoid gel was helping to prevent breakouts, but was doing nothing for my numerous t-zone blackheads. Since I use it in the AM, I needed something that my skin would absorb fast. I don't have time in the morning to wait too long for tackiness to go away. The Regular Strength leaves behind no residue on my skin.

It can be a little drying/irritating for me (and I have oily skin). I make sure to use a good moisturizer. I also take breaks from it if I notice any dryness/irritation. This is normal for me. Most of the time, I have to build up a tolerance for products. My skin is so sensitive! Some people are able to use this product 2x a day though. Make sure to avoid the eye area! It says this on the directions, but one morning I made the mistake of putting some of the product on my eyelids and it caused my eyes to sting.

Results: This product is slowly helping with my blackheads. My t-zone pores are approving! What is great about this product is the additional anti-redness benefits it is having on my skin! I didn't buy it for that, so I was amazed on the 3rd day of use when an angry, red post-acne spot I've had on my face for two months had finally calmed down. This product has not caused any new breakouts on my skin. I will continue to use this product as a blackhead and anti-redness treatment.

I like that Paula Choice has good return policies and sample options. The sample 1oz bottle of this product is perfect for traveling. I will be keeping this product, but it is good to know that you can get your money back if it doesn't work. You can also order samples of the different BHA products she has to see which one is right for you, as everyone's skin is different. From the reviews I read, some people prefer this one. Some people prefer the other BHA products she has.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favourite BHA from Paula's choice, it is light and feels matte on skin, doesn't dry me out and controls my acne and oil, would reccommend - the Skin perfecting 2% BHA Liquid broke me out but this didn't

on 1/14/2016 11:56:00 AM

i have been using the mild exfoliating toner from Clinique both for my face and my chest. It had given great result so i thought my body can use something stronger, because i want the marks to go away faster. So i purchase this one with 2% bha hopping for even more increditeble result but after using it for more than 1 week, i'm not sure if it's worth my money. To my suprise, i think the one from clinique actually makes my skin feels smoother than this one for just 20 bucks of double the amount of the paula's. It's really expensive to buy paula's choice in Canada, even with free shipping, this small bottle of toner cause me 50 cdn which is really crazy. I will probably return this or exchange for something else....

on 12/13/2015 9:10:00 PM

I've been using this BHA for several months now, but noticed benefits after a few days. I'm 33 with I guess normal to slightly dry skin that's very easily goaded into acne. This stuff is lovely. It's literally like water, I just splash a bit into my hand and pat it over my face after I've cleansed with Cera Ve Foaming Facial Cleanser and used Paula's Choice Enriched Calming Toner. I then follow up with Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF 30, which, incidentally, is the only sunscreen I've found that doesn't break me out and feels beautiful on (but does sting my eyes, so I'm on then lookout for another). I have always had red cheeks and kind of across my nose and after a couple of days using this, that evened out! That redness has always been there as long as I can remember. I stopped thinking about it as a solvable problem. But lo and behold, this stuff did it. Effortlessly. Helps with breakouts, my skin feels soft and lovely with this combo, and is very soothed feeling. So it's effective but gentle. And it's not just the toner. Had a few days with the other products and not the BHA and the effects were not the same. I'm almost out and am definitely reordering.

on 11/25/2015 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have dry skin and have been using the Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle 12% as my exfoliant for a long time, which keeps my skin smooth but does not get rid of the stubborn tiny bumps on my chin. Those bumps don't usually go away until they turn into full-blown pimple, so I decided to try this on my trouble spots. I simply pour a little in my palm, and lightly pat it onto those spots. I have been doing that for a month and find that the it brings the bumps to the surface without them turning into big pimples. Sometimes small pimples would form but they went away pretty fast without getting real ugly, which is great because when I used to see the bumps, I knew one day they'd become a big pimple before going away. Now, my chin is almost bump-free. I still use my AHA, but I alternate it with this at night and it has worked well for me. The bottle is almost gone because of an accidental spillage, but I ordered some BHA lotion from PC so I'll see 6if that works as well. Will write my review for that after I give it enough time.

on 11/4/2015 4:06:00 PM

I gave this 3 stars: I would give it worse, because it make me break out, but it made me realize that I react poorly with salicylic acid! All those years with salicylic acid trying to RID my acne was making it worse.

It should work great for most people, though!

on 10/30/2015 2:02:00 PM

Love this product...everything I use is Paula's Choice products, they are amazing and I have finally cleared my acne! :) I did have a coupon for $10 for other reviewers to use but it got deleted!