Paula's Choice CLEAR Regular Strength Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution With 2% Salicylic Acid

CLEAR Regular Strength Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution With 2% Salicylic AcidCLEAR Regular Strength Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution With 2% Salicylic Acid

4.3

Not tested on animals

Active: Salicylic Acid 2%; Inactive: Water, Dipropylene Glycol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), Pentylene Glycol (slip agent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Sodium Hyaluronate (water-binding agent), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Allantoin (anti-irritants), Panthenol (skin-conditioning agent), PEG/PPG-17/6/Copolymer (solvent), Methyl Gluceth-20 (skin-conditioning agent), Glycereth-26 (thickener), Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane (skin-conditioning agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Sodium Metabisulfite (stabilizer), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent).

on 12/22/2016 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I only used this product a few times and it left my skin incredibly rough and dry, which lasted for weeks. I don't think my skin likes this much exfoliation. Oh well, at least I bought the trial size.

on 12/6/2016 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I used to see a new cystic pimple every other day. This has reduced that to roughly every other month (maybe even less if I stop experimenting with other products). The most valuable product in my skincare arsenal.

I have dry skin, and it can be a bit drying/irritating, but definitely manageable when used in conjunction with moisturizing products

on 11/9/2016 9:37:00 PM

Entire clear line is very affordable and yet effective. It really helps my skin and keeps blemishes away. I am a big fan of Paulas choice and clear line. This exfoliant is very light weight and non irritating. Just after 1 week of use I noticed amazing results. For $10 off follow this link https://goo.gl/byQqpB

on 10/21/2016 3:37:00 AM

I've used this and her standard 2% product interchangeably. They are both good, but I do need the 4% foam to really make a dent in nose blackheads.

If you want a $10 referral code, visit my Notepad.

EDIT:
I've used Paula's Choice BHA for the last six years, and just learned something new. Salicylic acid (or BHA) is not soluble in water at concentrations of more than 1%. This is why so many companies add alcohol to their BHA products: to dissolve the BHA before adding water to get higher BHA concentrations. Paula's Choice uses propylene or butylene glycol to dissolve salicylic acid in their water based BHA products. Is this a good thing? It's better than alcohol, which is drying, and it works. Propylene glycol is the active ingredient in my deodorant, and is in premade banana cream pies that I used to eat at work, e-cigarettes, and animal-safe antifreeze. I noticed that there are only two options on the market for water based BHA: Paula's and the cheap alcohol based BHA products like Stridex and Clearasil. However, there is one more way to buy BHA at the drugstore: Psoriasis cream. I might try one in the future, since I have combination skin that can handle lotions.

Edit: This post might have been down voted because I claim Stridex is alcohol based. I stand corrected. It is not. My best guess of how Stridex achieves a 2% BHA concentration is by using the surfactant Ammonium Xylene Sulfonate. (I'm not a cosmetic chemist so let me know if you have more info.)

on 9/30/2016 8:55:00 AM

The effect is fairly noticeable after one night only but... I'm afraid I mistakenly see my ordinary skin as it might be the reflection of my imagination. After a week, I can tell that the improvement is real. My skin is smoother, my pores are cleared up, blackhead and whitehead are less noticeable, mild acnes on my forehead are tamed. While I use PC religiously, I try to extract some blackhead and whitehead and they're not going back. But it's true that I have stubborn blackhead on my nose, and they won't go away anytime soon.

The price is not ok for me cause salicylic acid is cheap. The price makes me starve! Even so, there's no product in the market that has 2% bha in ±100ml bottle and can be use safely everyday , except from PC. And the results make me proud of myself that I decided to splurge on this particular product.

At night I use 3 drops after I wash my face with clear n clean. Followed by rosehip seed oil, and finished with tetrinoid gel 0.025. I found that these steps are very effective for me and I don't feel any dryness.

For your reference:

Skin concerns: small acne in T zone , enlarged pore, blackhead, whitehead, fine lines from smiling, rough texture around my T zone

Skin type: combo normal-oily, easily dehydrated

Age: 23 years old

**UPDATE 4 OCT 2016 **

My stubborn blackhead, that is very black, became less noticeable and more brown-ish. It doesn't make my pores smaller but it cleans the gunk pretty well.

My forehead start to react. I don't know whether these new acne caused by PC or tetrinoin gel. I'm pretty new to both products. I think tetrinoin irritates my skin just like it irritate every human's skin.

BUT
I FIND THAT THE BOTTLE LEAK MAYBE CAUSED BY TRAVELLING I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO IT'S SO EXPENSIVE I'LL CRY BLOOD

**I live in non-English speaking country. I tried my best to write it down, hope you can understand cause I know I made a lot of mistakes.

on 9/12/2016 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Overall this product functions as a good calming toner. I haven't had any adverse reactions to this, nor do I feel that it created a drastic change in my skin.

I use this mainly in the morning as my exfoliant and have noted that it helps me skin stay calm and non reactive, with makeup use during the day.

I love the ingredients deck and feel it's definitely doing something so I will keep repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is AMAZING. I have acne prone, sensitive and combination skin and i seriously love this. I have tried a lot of chemical exfoliators (mostly glycolic) my skin doesn't seem to respond well to glycolic as i think it irritates my blemishes. Salicylic still exfoliates but is a lot more gentle and I've really noticed a difference in the texture of my skin :) I'm on my third week of using this and my post acne marks have lightened and my skin is generally looking a lot clearer. It also doesn't leave my skin looking red after I've used it which is a bonus, nothing harsh, no fragrance. Highly recommend this product!!

on 3/30/2016 6:24:00 AM

Absolute HG and game changer for me. I have been using it for about two years and have repurchased the full size product once. Whatever else is going on in my skincare routine, I always keep this one around.

My skin is combination, becomes dehydrated easily and is prone to occasional hormonal breakouts around the chin and jaw. Before discovering the wonders of BHA, I was also pretty unhappy with the size and look of the pores on my forehead and cheeks, and sebaceous filaments on my nose. I bought this mostly to help with breakouts and improve the aspect of my skin.

I use it 2-3 times a week - everyday use leads to overexfoliation and dehydrated skin for me. I apply about 7-8 drops using my fingers after cleansing my skin in the evening. I also tried applying it with a cotton pad, but I think a lot of product is wasted that way. I wait 20 minutes, then apply a light moisturizer. I'm not sure the wait time is strictly necessary, but since the BHA needs a certain ph to be effective, I prefer not to risk interfering with that.

I'm extremely happy with the results. My breakouts are almost non-existent these days. When I do get a zit, it's a tiny whitehead that goes away in a couple of days without ever turning into an inflamed mess. While my pores and sebaceous filaments are still visible, they are much less noticeable since they're not filled with, well, gunk.

I can't think of any major negative things about this. It's quite pricy, but the way I apply it a full-size bottle lasts me about a year. Another caveat would be that it's easy to overdo it - you can tell when your skin is overexfoliated by that shiny, too tight feel. It happened to me in the beginning, when I thought I had to use it daily to see any benefits, but I'm perfectly happy since reducing the frequency of use.

on 3/8/2016 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I use this once a day in the AM. I needed to find a BHA I could use in the AM. My skin just got use to using a prescription retinoid gel every evening. My skin is too sensitive to use both a BHA and a retinoid gel at the same time. (Some people though can handle both a BHA and retinoid/retinol at the same time.) The retinoid gel was helping to prevent breakouts, but was doing nothing for my numerous t-zone blackheads. Since I use it in the AM, I needed something that my skin would absorb fast. I don't have time in the morning to wait too long for tackiness to go away. The Regular Strength leaves behind no residue on my skin.

It can be a little drying/irritating for me (and I have oily skin). I make sure to use a good moisturizer. I also take breaks from it if I notice any dryness/irritation. This is normal for me. Most of the time, I have to build up a tolerance for products. My skin is so sensitive! Some people are able to use this product 2x a day though. Make sure to avoid the eye area! It says this on the directions, but one morning I made the mistake of putting some of the product on my eyelids and it caused my eyes to sting.

Results: This product is slowly helping with my blackheads. My t-zone pores are approving! What is great about this product is the additional anti-redness benefits it is having on my skin! I didn't buy it for that, so I was amazed on the 3rd day of use when an angry, red post-acne spot I've had on my face for two months had finally calmed down. This product has not caused any new breakouts on my skin. I will continue to use this product as a blackhead and anti-redness treatment.

I like that Paula Choice has good return policies and sample options. The sample 1oz bottle of this product is perfect for traveling. I will be keeping this product, but it is good to know that you can get your money back if it doesn't work. You can also order samples of the different BHA products she has to see which one is right for you, as everyone's skin is different. From the reviews I read, some people prefer this one. Some people prefer the other BHA products she has.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favourite BHA from Paula's choice, it is light and feels matte on skin, doesn't dry me out and controls my acne and oil, would reccommend - the Skin perfecting 2% BHA Liquid broke me out but this didn't