Boots Botanics Virtually Weightless Color Adjusting Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Boots  Botanics Virtually Weightless Color Adjusting Foundation

on 4/13/2012 2:40:00 AM

This product is seriously the best liquid foundation I have ever used, and I have tried a LOT from drugstore to high-end! The price is average for something that can be found at Target, but much less than what you pay for at a department store. Packaging is amazing - sturdy pump bottle that gets every bit of product down to the last drop up and out. A little goes a long way, so it lasts awhile too.
Coverage is build-able, ranging from sheer to medium, and with some stippling can even reach almost full. I have applied with fingers, sponge, brush, and even cotton balls when I ran out of my sponge wedges. It provides a natural, flawless look that feels good on the skin. Soothing, moisturizing but never oily, lasts all day through humidity, workouts, the beach, and yet it washes right off with a gentle cleanser.
The "botanical" ingredients are great and have never broken my crazy skin out - in fact it has improved my complexion immensely. Even on the few nights I have fallen asleep with it on after a night out I have not had any skin issues. While there are not too many shades to choose from, I found that while "honey" looked "off" on my skin tone, it actually did adjust and was a good match. Give this product a try... I do not think you will be disappointing. Many more girls need to discover this!

on 10/7/2011 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Can't understand why there aren't more positive reviews of this? I think it's great stuff. Similar to Giorgio Armani's Face Fabric, (i.e. heavy on the silicones), but I think this covers a bit better, depending on how you apply it. I mix it with a bit of Sofina sunscreen, which makes it even more easily blendable, and really like the finish. Top it off with a little powder, and it's a really wearable, natural looking foundation. Also, the bottle is great-- plastic, so it's light, but sturdy with a nice pump, and the price, if not dirt cheap, is quite reasonable. A really nice product. Sometimes a bit hard to find in stores, but can be ordered online.

I recently rediscovered this while shopping my stash. I had put it away for the winter because it was a bit dark, and pulled it out recently as I'm a little darker.

I have this in Fair. I am NC25-30ish, neutral beige. This product is called a foundation, but I would agree with others that it's more like a TM or a tinted primer. It has enough pigment to even out skin tone and it leaves a satin/semi-matte finish. I can wear it in place of a primer under foundation or wear it alone with powder. I love the texture. It is mousse-like and goes on smoothly. I can hardly feel it on my skin. The color names are a bit odd. I am not "Fair" skinned but wear it in that name, but this product runs dark, so anyone lighter than NC 20-25 would probably not have a match. I'm going to purchase the lightest one for winter. (I think it's called "Extra Fair") The color range in the Boots lines are my only gripe about their products.