Boots Botanics Virtually Weightless Color Adjusting Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Boots  Botanics Virtually Weightless Color Adjusting Foundation

4.5

on 4/13/2012 2:40:00 AM

This product is seriously the best liquid foundation I have ever used, and I have tried a LOT from drugstore to high-end! The price is average for something that can be found at Target, but much less than what you pay for at a department store. Packaging is amazing - sturdy pump bottle that gets every bit of product down to the last drop up and out. A little goes a long way, so it lasts awhile too.
Coverage is build-able, ranging from sheer to medium, and with some stippling can even reach almost full. I have applied with fingers, sponge, brush, and even cotton balls when I ran out of my sponge wedges. It provides a natural, flawless look that feels good on the skin. Soothing, moisturizing but never oily, lasts all day through humidity, workouts, the beach, and yet it washes right off with a gentle cleanser.
The "botanical" ingredients are great and have never broken my crazy skin out - in fact it has improved my complexion immensely. Even on the few nights I have fallen asleep with it on after a night out I have not had any skin issues. While there are not too many shades to choose from, I found that while "honey" looked "off" on my skin tone, it actually did adjust and was a good match. Give this product a try... I do not think you will be disappointing. Many more girls need to discover this!

I recently rediscovered this while shopping my stash. I had put it away for the winter because it was a bit dark, and pulled it out recently as I'm a little darker.

I have this in Fair. I am NC25-30ish, neutral beige. This product is called a foundation, but I would agree with others that it's more like a TM or a tinted primer. It has enough pigment to even out skin tone and it leaves a satin/semi-matte finish. I can wear it in place of a primer under foundation or wear it alone with powder. I love the texture. It is mousse-like and goes on smoothly. I can hardly feel it on my skin. The color names are a bit odd. I am not "Fair" skinned but wear it in that name, but this product runs dark, so anyone lighter than NC 20-25 would probably not have a match. I'm going to purchase the lightest one for winter. (I think it's called "Extra Fair") The color range in the Boots lines are my only gripe about their products.

Great product! I've been using this for about 6 months now, and have had NO problems. I have very oily, acne prone skin. This foundation has never made me break out, and it stays put for 10+ hours on my skin! Even if I sweat, as long as you don't touch it, it doesn't budge. Great price - only thing is that I have to order it online since I have no Target near me, but shipping is free, so it's not horrible. The packaging is amazing, because there is absolutely no product that is left behind when you're done with the bottle.

on 9/6/2009 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

NC20, combo (ranging from extremely dry to very oily), ultra sensitive, acne-prone, patches of eczema.

This is a nice light foundation for normal or drier skin types but was a bit too slippery for 50% of the skin on my face.
Very light in coverage, more like a heavy tinted moisturizer than a light foundation.
Comfortable wear, feels very light and lasted about 6 hours on my dry areas. My oily spots were a mess 2 hours in though.
Application was a breeze. This is maybe the smoothest, creamiest foundation I have ever smeared on my face. Nice slip, blends well but does not feel at all slimy or greasy.
Did not break me out or irritate my sensitive skin, which is a miracle itself.
Color range is out of whack, my normally NC20 skin had a bit of summer glow (so maybe closer to NC25) and I still needed the Extra Fair. It's somewhat forgiving since it's so sheer but Fair was still noticeably too dark.