Boots Botanics Virtually Weightless Color Adjusting Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Boots  Botanics Virtually Weightless Color Adjusting Foundation

4.8

on 4/13/2012 2:40:00 AM

This product is seriously the best liquid foundation I have ever used, and I have tried a LOT from drugstore to high-end! The price is average for something that can be found at Target, but much less than what you pay for at a department store. Packaging is amazing - sturdy pump bottle that gets every bit of product down to the last drop up and out. A little goes a long way, so it lasts awhile too.
Coverage is build-able, ranging from sheer to medium, and with some stippling can even reach almost full. I have applied with fingers, sponge, brush, and even cotton balls when I ran out of my sponge wedges. It provides a natural, flawless look that feels good on the skin. Soothing, moisturizing but never oily, lasts all day through humidity, workouts, the beach, and yet it washes right off with a gentle cleanser.
The "botanical" ingredients are great and have never broken my crazy skin out - in fact it has improved my complexion immensely. Even on the few nights I have fallen asleep with it on after a night out I have not had any skin issues. While there are not too many shades to choose from, I found that while "honey" looked "off" on my skin tone, it actually did adjust and was a good match. Give this product a try... I do not think you will be disappointing. Many more girls need to discover this!

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

This stuff is amazing! I have been battling with dry winter skin and had to stop using my normal foundation (Make Up Forever HD) because it was showing the surface dryness of my skin after application. I switched to this stuff and I think I actually like it better than the MUFE HD. It gives a medium coverage, has a nice matte finish, and seems to wear well throughout the day. I have oily skin in addition to my dry skin (combination) and this doesn't seem to make me any more oily than normal like a lot of products do. Overall it softens the appearance of my pores and fine lines. My mom uses this as well and she's also really pleased with it. Right now I'm using the extra fair which is probably just a little too light for me but with a little blush I can brighten it up. In the summer I'll probably switch to fair. I definitely recommend giving this a try.

I recently rediscovered this while shopping my stash. I had put it away for the winter because it was a bit dark, and pulled it out recently as I'm a little darker.

I have this in Fair. I am NC25-30ish, neutral beige. This product is called a foundation, but I would agree with others that it's more like a TM or a tinted primer. It has enough pigment to even out skin tone and it leaves a satin/semi-matte finish. I can wear it in place of a primer under foundation or wear it alone with powder. I love the texture. It is mousse-like and goes on smoothly. I can hardly feel it on my skin. The color names are a bit odd. I am not "Fair" skinned but wear it in that name, but this product runs dark, so anyone lighter than NC 20-25 would probably not have a match. I'm going to purchase the lightest one for winter. (I think it's called "Extra Fair") The color range in the Boots lines are my only gripe about their products.

on 11/9/2009 11:49:00 PM

I like this foundation. It's so light though, it might be considered a TM with heavy pigment. It's very nice. It's heavy, heavy on the silicones, which makes it mousse-like and gives an airbrushed finish which is glorious. It's almost similar to a primer with pigment, ie Philosophy, Perfeckt, Dr Brandt (pores no more), and many others. However the price point is so much less, it's a bargain. The only downside is that it doesn't stay perfect but for about 4 hours on my more normal than combo skin...it will melt. Could be the moisturizer I use beforehand, but I wish it lasted a full 8 hours. Not so. I'm thinking if you have drier skin, this foundation would be just lovely for you.

Great product! I've been using this for about 6 months now, and have had NO problems. I have very oily, acne prone skin. This foundation has never made me break out, and it stays put for 10+ hours on my skin! Even if I sweat, as long as you don't touch it, it doesn't budge. Great price - only thing is that I have to order it online since I have no Target near me, but shipping is free, so it's not horrible. The packaging is amazing, because there is absolutely no product that is left behind when you're done with the bottle.