Thursday Plantation Essential Care Tea Tree Face Wash

No Image

2.5

on 8/27/2018 7:57:00 PM

This is probably my favorite face wash that I've found. Gentle on my sensitive skin, and tea tree helps clear up my acne prone skin. Not overly drying, and a limited ingredient list so not putting a bunch of crap on my face. Have bought several times and will again, and lasts forever as its foaming, even when it feels like the bottle is just about empty it just keeps on going for days or weeks.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Bought this a while ago. Price was somehow pricey. Thought the face wash would clean up the dirty breakouts on my face. Face turns instantly dry but I would apply the toner and then moisturize like normal. But after 2 weeks of usage, I earned myself a new breakout and I avoid using it again. Went back to the same pharmacy where I got that face wash from and bought the cleanser version. It had some chemicals but I wasn't hesitant and just bought it like normal. My skin did turned dry but the tube version helped with my acne a lot. Most of those on my forehead and cheeks cleared up after nearly a month.

My advice: Don't just buy a cleanser/face wash just because it's natural/organic. Buy those that suits you best despite the chemicals and parabens.

This face wash was ok. I've been using it for around 6 months and have been through a few bottles. At first it was incredible, it cleared up most of my acne only getting a few pimples here and there. However, I have dry skin and it dries it out even more. I use the toner and face cream aswell but they don't help. Recently it has broken me out and made my eczema and Rosacea far worse. I have a huge red rash around my nose. I would recommend this brand for very oily skin, but unfortunately it hasn't worked for my dry sensitive skin.

on 5/23/2016 6:57:00 AM

Very drying , would avoid this even for oily skin as it is too drying .

on 11/8/2015 1:50:00 PM

I thought this would be a good natural wash for my acne but it didn't work at all. My face didn't feel clean afterwards and my acne seemed to get worse using it! I could feel more zits coming in. I think I paid about $15-$18 for it here in Canada and it was not worth it. I switched after 4 weeks of use and tossed it in the trash!

this is a nice gentle cleanser but unfortunately its not strong enough to clear up acne like the bottle claims. it doesnt really make ur face feel clean afterwards, i usually have to use another cleanser with this. what i like is that it doesnt use SLS or other harsh ingredients but still foams up nicely

on 1/20/2014 4:25:00 AM

I had heard tea tree oil was good for antibacterial uses and so I figured this might help me battle some acne flare ups. However, after going through almost the whole bottle of this while trying out different moisturizers (which I thought not having the right one was my flaky skin problem) I have read these other reviews and determined that this face foam wash is why I'm seriously flaking out on my nose, apples of cheeks and chin... With no effect on occasional chin acne flare ups speak of, it is not worth it. I wish I had seen common denominator sooner...Tossing the rest and starting w Aveeno calming face foam and cerave face cream tomorrow.

Tea tree oil is supposed to work wonders on the face. I used this cleanser for a good month, while i was suffering from acne, and not seeing dramatic results I suddenly stopped. Finding the bottle several months later, I decided to test it out again. It took three weeks for my face to finally reduce redness and shrink the size of blemishes and acne scars and for the next three weeks after that I had gained faith in the product. However, being a natural cleanser, my oily skin got to used to it and it basically stopped working, neither managing breakouts nor helping remove current zits. On top of that, the cleanser was extremely drying, even to my oily skin and without using a moisturizer, my face would peel and look unhealthy.
Despite the great natural ingredients, this product was not designed for long-term use and isn't one of the best cleansers out there.

on 3/4/2013 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

It did not work for me. Dry me out at first, the all my pimple get read, then itchy was the ultimate reason I stop after 5 times use.
Another failed experiment .

on 11/13/2012 1:40:00 PM

I got this for my nose, it tends to get pimples quite often and has red nosewings.. I can say that after the first wash my skin felt a lot fresher! Now after a couple of days my nosewings is getting almost back to normal and the pimples are calming down. This thing also does things for my complexion since it is dewy and bright now :) I hope I can rely on this product whenever I get a breakout, cause it feels awesome to put it on!