Dr. Hauschka Mascara

Dr. Hauschka Mascara
Mascara

3.7

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Alcohol, Sorbitol, Castor (Ricinus Communis) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Neem (Melia Azadirachta) Leaf Extract, Hectorite, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Jojoba (Buxus Chinensis) Wax, Beeswax (Cera Flava), Rose (Rosa Gallica) Wax, Rose (Rosa Damascena) Essential Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Xanthan Gum, Lecithin. [ /- Carmine (CI 75470), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)].

on 12/28/2016 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'll start by saying I have fairly long and dark eyelashes without mascara.

This doesn't really add volume or length. I normally pile on my mascara and go for oomph (as in, I want to notice a difference with/without) but even with two coats it isn't really happening.

No flaking at all, but it gives me racoon eyes. It smells very different from drugstore mascara, but "fragrance" is on the ingredient list so that's probably why. Smells like roses - ish.

The one thing I'm very happy with is the color. I have the brown and it's dark enough that it's not lighter than my lashes without the harsh look of a black mascara. Unfortunately I don't need mascara for color so this really isn't a hit for me.

The packaging is ok but mascara ends up all over and I need to clean up with both ends of a q-tip after applying.

I gave up on this and got something different (trying the Ilia mascara in brown now) as I ended up never bothering to wear mascara after I got this one.

on 7/24/2016 1:39:00 PM

I tried this mascara out for a while, but it did not work out for my lashes. This mascara has a waxy quality that does not work well with my type of lashes and tends to make my lashes look clumpy. The brush is not designed to deal with this issue, so there is no way to fix this without either going back in with another mascara or using a spoolie brush to try to get some separation and definition. Instead of this product, I would recommend the W3ll People Expressionist Mascara, which is simply magical and hits all the marks- length, volume, separation, and color.

I am a fan of Dr. Hauschka make-up line. With their products, I find the effectiveness of conventionnal non-natural make-up brands. This mascara is good for everyday use, the look is very natural. It also goes off easily and doesn't leak, which is hard to find in natural mascaras. I will definitely purschase again as my everyday mascara!

After lipgloss, mascara is probably the only makeup I would wear on a daily basis, even when I'm not in the mood to even bother dressing up at all.. That's why it's so important to have a mascara that's less damaging to your eyes, the environment, and easy to apply, and easy to wear - also mentally. It looks natural, feels natural... You must be careful and remember to remove it at the end of the day because it's so light. The best part though? It smells like roses!!!

on 1/23/2014 2:15:00 PM

Totally straightforward mascara. As many reviewers have said, there's no drama here, even with two coats. It really just enhances your lashes. It definitely thickens, darkens, and elongates, but at the same time almost looks like you're not wearing mascara. In my book, that's a good thing, most days. Basically, if you like products without a lot of mysterious synthetic weirdness in them, and if you go for the natural look, this stuff is great. I see some people have had problems with flaking or wearing off, but this has never been an issue for me. It doesn't go on particularly heavy, but what gets on my lashes pretty much stays there until I take it off.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

If you mistakenly buy this mascara -- make sure you keep the receipt.

I lost mine :( So now I'm stuck with this overpriced me$$.

I thought I was in love when I applied it. But then, it flaked out on me. Literally.

This mascara is not going to give you the most dramatic volume or length, but it's gentle on sensitive eyes and gives a polished natural look. It doesn't clump and visibly improves the look of my lashes. For a very thorough review with pictures, go to: www.sensitastic.blogspot.com

I've used this for years because I switched to this brand as it's natural. However, due to this reason you won't get much coverage with this mascara and in fact it's so unnoticeable I don't even bother taking it off at night it just wears off. I like the fact it's not clumped or glued to my eyelashes like some heavy mascaras are but I guess then you don't get coverage. I have also the volume mascara which is much better if you want a night out but you will need makeup remover to take this off. Nearly every one I have bought the wand has broken and wobbles. They did say when I phoned this seems to be a problem. All in all, I still won't switch back to a heavily chemical mascara with a nasty smell. It's a bit pricey though!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pros:

All natural
Nice scent
Preserves itself in the tube for a long time
Non-flaking
Cons:

Takes several applications to make anything happen, does not lengthen or add volume in any way. Looks almost too discreet and natural. Unless you have some already hefty lashes to apply this to, don't expect much difference other than some colour.
I really like most Dr. Hauschka products that I've tried, but the mascara isn't my favourite. Perhaps I should try the Volume Mascara next time?

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this is 03 Aubergine. It's a high-quality, German-made mascara in subtle dark purple that doesn't scream garish '80s, but works with Urban Decay's Rockstar pencil to bring out the green in my blue-green eyes. I'd have given it an overall rating of 5 *if* I didn't feel the need for Lancome's Cils Booster as an undercoat. Colour is great; staying power just fine, and it doesn't clump. But for gentlemen-start-your-engines length, you'll want that undercoat. BTW, for the same price, this handily beats YSL's Faux Effet Mascara in Violet. Absolutely worthwhile.

Popular Mascaras