4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

TWO IN ONE! Great red for my skin tone ( fair blue eyes) This blue based red has some pink in it.. so if you first apply lip balm them lightly apply this red with a brush MAGIC you also have a very nice deep PINK semi-sheer lip colour . LOVE LOVE LOVE

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

4 years ago

This is the perfect vintage red colour, a sophisticated red with blue undertones, which make this shade very wearable even for those who usually avoid bold colours. The formula is super matte and long lasting but it wont dry your lips out. Once you start wearing Illamasqua lipsticks, there is no way back, since it's hard not to love their formula and the awesome colour payoff.

About reviewer (155 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

This is probably the best 'Old Hollywood' style red I've ever used. So flattering. Highly pigmented and great staying power, even though it isn't marketed as a 'long lasting' lipstick per se. Not a moisturising lipstick but definitely not a drying one either. Would defintely purchase again.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

6 years ago

Amazing!!! Throw your MAC Ruby Woo away. It's the same color, matte, lasts just as well as Mac, but does crumble dry your lips out. Or wear off in the inner lip like Ruby woo. It's amazing!!!! Get Maneater too it's comparable to lady danger, just not as orangey.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

6 years ago

This is one of my most used reds. Box is a beautiful, blue-based bright red. The formula is very luxurious, opaque, & perfectly matte, just like I like. In one swipe I get full coverage with great, lasting results. Smells lovely of vanilla, nothing over the top. Love the elegant packaging.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Other

6 years ago

This lipstick is truly amazing. I love it!!! It's the perfect red lipstick. It has blue undertones, it's matte and extremely pigmented. I believe it would look good on fair to medium tan-ish skin tones. My skin right now is medium (nc25-30? not sure) and even though I have yellow undertones and the lipstick is a blueish red, it looks great. It brightens my entire face and makes my teeth seem so bright!!! My cousin even asked me if I had whitened my teeth! It's matte but doesn't dry out my lips (as long as I exfoliate and moisturize them well). It stays put through drinking and eating. I would touch up after I do so, but you don't have to. I just prefer when my lipstick looks perfect. Get this lipstick you will not regret. The only teeny tiny downside would be the price. It costs 24CAD which is not too bad but still a bit of a splurge. But, the price isn't holding me back. I'll be getting other Illamasqua lipsticks in the near future. I'M OBSESSED WITH DIS LIPSTICK.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Medium

HairBrunette

6 years ago

I bought this on pure impulse. I love red lipsticks. I'm a MAC girl and I wanted to try other brands. I'm glad I did. Illamasqua Box is how I imagined Ruby Woo would be. It feels creamy when you put it on but it doesn't feather because of its matte finish. I feel glamorous and sophisticated when i wear this. It has a very classic feel to it. It's bold but not cheap.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

7 years ago

I adore this lipstick. I'm always on the lookout for a good red, and this is my favourite so far. It's a beautiful cool-toned matte classic red, and very pigmented. Apply it carefully with a lip brush on moisturised lips (but not too moisturised that the product moves easily) and it will stay on all day - some may find it quite dry otherwise. If I want a red to stay on all day or night, this would be it - it would scarcely need touching up. Box is definitely worth the money (it's cheaper than MAC here anyway) and is very flattering on lighter skin tones (I'm an NC15-20).

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

7 years ago

Some days this looks better on me than other days. It reminds me of a lot of Russian Red, and I prefer Ruby Woo for it's brightness. I ordered it on Sephora and think next time I will go for a bolder red. This is an elegant and chic red, but for me it needs a bit of a bright true red tone to be stunning or make me stop and look. I need to wear it more to fall in love with the way it looks. I like the packaging and the scent is a lot like MAC.

About reviewer (1598 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

7 years ago

My best red lipstick, very matte yet creamy and definetely too dry on the lips. Blends perfectly and lasts all day without bleeding. The colours is a true red with a cooler undertone, a classic. It has a little hint of a scent, Im not sure its something that's has been added or not, but I like it. I would recommend this among a lot of other shades of Illamasquas lipstick, they are very unique in texture.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age19-24