Urban Decay Baked

Urban Decay Baked
BakedBaked

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This color is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful like OMG.
It's a beautiful bronze-gold shimmer, (looks more gold than bronze), and I love it. Sometimes I use a little on my cheeks too, (just a tad), to make my face glow with healthiness and all that jazz. It's so versatile.
A little on my lids, on my cheeks, and dusting on my collar bone, arms and legs, and BAM I radiate, baby! Ready to go out for the night! Whoooooo partayyy!!
But anyways, I wore this at New Years, and it was drop-dead gorgeous. UD eyeshadows are KNOWN for their blend ability, butteriness, and gorgeous velvety pigmentation. This is a straight-up radiant, beautiful color that can be very seductive, or very fun!

on 12/26/2012 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I know it is supposed to be gold but in my mind it is orange-gold. Anyways, it is the best color of eye-shadow I know of. I am pretty sure it will work with any complexion, unless you have very yellowish skin because then you can go into yellow overload. I got mine in the NAKED palette (original) and soon enough it was my go to color. Do you know how they have like Sin colored everything the the Urban Decay line? I wish there was Baked everything! I use it to save any make-up look. Do you know when you are just smudging and blending eyeshadows hoping it will end up well but it doesn't go as you pleased? just through in some baked on the lid or as blending color and voila! you all of a sudden look like a good makeup artist after all. I love it and I will repurchase. color payoff is as good as it gets. It worked well on me when I was NC30 and works well when I am a pale NC20. This color benefits most from a primer because it is very pearly.

on 6/19/2011 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this eye shadow in the Urban Decay 'Alice in Wonderland' palette and i was instantly drawn to it, it's the most intense metallic gold/bronze shimmer and makes my blue eye's pop like WOW.
It's so pigmented so you only have to use a little for it to make an impact.
There are many eye shadow's on the market that mimic this colour but i think this is truly the best one.
I usually wear this with Urban Decay's 'Chopper'.

I gave this a 5 because it IS a good shadow, I'm just not a huge fan of the color for myself. Sephora's site describes it as a bronze shimmer but I find it to be more gold than bronze, and golds don't really work on me. It's just bronze enough to work with my coloring but I was a little disappointed in how gold it turns out. The color sample on Sephora's site is a little misleading. But the pigmentation is great and it is really long-lasting, as all UD shadows are, even without a primer, it's just a bit too gold for me to repurchase (but not bad enough for me to return).

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love this color! It's so vibrant, and it works great with brown eyeliner. I always get compliments whenever I wear this. It goes well with my eyes (blue), and I'd imagine it would look great with brown eyes as well. Green eyes, give it a shot, but keep the receipt (just in case.)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This is a great gold eyeshadow, very highly pigmented. I have it in the get baked palette. I can barely tell a difference between this and half baked, so I wouldn't buy both full sizes separately. I think this one is a bit darker than half baked. I wear golds and bronzes lots in the summer and I really like this and half baked on the lid with twice baked in the crease.

on 2/17/2010 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was a little skeptical about this eyeshadow at first, because I was never attracted to Urban Decay and I thought their e/s were too overhyped, but I tried this and I fell in love with it.
This is a rich beautiful bronze/gold color, very pigmented - I only needed 2 strokes on the pan and my whole eyelid was covered.
What suprised me the most was the staying power, it stayed on all day, with no primer under it, and even after I sweated and had a busy day, it was not even creasing. I was really suprised, bc any shadow I wear, any brand, creases on my lid after a couple hours, this was the first that didn't.
Would definetly love to try other colors of this e/s and even other Urban Decay products, I can't believe I did not try them before.
I like the packaging, it is cute - I don't give 5 on packaging unless I really like it.

on 1/31/2010 12:44:00 PM

Absolutely. Gorgeous. Great as a liner, great as a sweep of colour in the summer. Ah. I love it so much!

on 1/31/2010 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was really excited about getting this in the Wonderland BOS and it did not let me down. At first I didn't think I could pull off such a bold Gold shadow that is very warm toned, but with my neutral skintone it works nicely for the summer months. It's a orange/yellow gold and very metallic, but such a smooth texture.

If you smudge the 24/7 Flipside with this, the blue liner will turn a very complimentary green. Also played around with Flash (electric purple) e/s and it blended to a beautiful deep purple. So for me I found that for colors I personally think I'm a little to old for, Baked will nicely tone them down to wearable shades. So dust off your color wheel knowledge and start blending.

UPDATE (01/01/2011) I found that Half Baked was a better color for me. NC/NW 25 or Light-Medium with Neutral/Beige Undertone.

continued >>

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Love love LOVE this shadow! Urban Decay is my fav so I could be a tad biased but this color is perfect- a rich metallic gold. It isn't bronze or coppery at all, it looks just like literal yellow gold. It has a silky, buttery texture and looks intense when foiled. I use this one very often and love combining it with Smog or Twice Baked.