Urban Decay Baked

Urban Decay Baked
BakedBaked

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/17/2007 3:04:00 PM

I LOVE this eyeshadow! A really pretty gold color with great pigmentation, glittery, and stays on all day. I've worn it practically every other day for the past few months so far this summer, it looks great with most colors blended. The packaging is cute, fairly easy to depot and fits a lot of e/s compacts. Price is pretty fair for how much product is here and how great the color and lasting power is. I have purchased 5 other UD e/s due to my love for this color, and I am equally empressed with the other e/s colors. Love this color, love all their e/s, love the brand. Would definately recommend and buy again.

UPDATE : I recently bought a Milani e/s from Rite Aid called "Sun Goddess". It is pretty much an EXACT replica of Baked, except just a tad darker, the staying power is really great too. If you are considering buying Baked, I would check out Sun Goddess first if you want to save a lot of money!

on 5/4/2010 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

rich luscious golden shimmer -- it is not a dark gold or gold that is so light it looks yellow... just that, rich.

I use it as a middle eyelid color and gradiate it out towards a darker brown smallish V with Nylon or Shroom in the inner eyelid and tearduct... works beautifully for a golden/brown smoked eye.

gorgeous product in a gorgeous case.

on 1/31/2010 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was really excited about getting this in the Wonderland BOS and it did not let me down. At first I didn't think I could pull off such a bold Gold shadow that is very warm toned, but with my neutral skintone it works nicely for the summer months. It's a orange/yellow gold and very metallic, but such a smooth texture.

If you smudge the 24/7 Flipside with this, the blue liner will turn a very complimentary green. Also played around with Flash (electric purple) e/s and it blended to a beautiful deep purple. So for me I found that for colors I personally think I'm a little to old for, Baked will nicely tone them down to wearable shades. So dust off your color wheel knowledge and start blending.

UPDATE (01/01/2011) I found that Half Baked was a better color for me. NC/NW 25 or Light-Medium with Neutral/Beige Undertone.

continued >>

on 7/29/2008 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really love this shade. I got this as a gift for a friend and I am very tempted to keep it. Baked is a bronze, gold shimmer shade that is very shiny, very intense and gold, gold, gold. Imagine a bronze gold goblet. That is this shade in a flip-top tin. The texture is super smooth and super shimmery.
I also like how this shadow is from Urban Decay's Vegan Collection! This means no lanolin, no beeswax, and no carmine! My vegan friend is really going to love this for sure. Not only is the shadow top-quality, it is beauty with a heart!

on 11/14/2014 11:33:00 AM

I use this as my everyday eyeshadow! I use UD half baked as the base and a light pat of baked on the outer half and it looks amazing on my blue green eyes. I recommend using them together. If you get too heavy handed with it it looks too orange so be careful of that. Adore this product and highly recommend.

on 12/9/2011 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of my favorite eyeshadows ever. I actually enjoy this one way more than Half Baked! I feel like Baked is a rich, orange gold, and Half Baked is more yellow. I think this one is way more flattering on my olive skin tone and has 10X better pigmentation than Half Baked. I love to wear this with Smog in the outer V and crease with a matte off-white to highlight. Finished off with winged eyeliner and mascara, and it creates the perfect, gorgeous look!

on 12/9/2004 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Baked definately went orange on me. It looks like a bronzey copper shade in the pan but showed up a bronzey orange on my lids. Had to sheer it out to avoid the orangeness. This is super shimmery with out the glitter. Pretty but not my favorite color. Comes in a fliptop pot and retails for $15. Very soft and blendable. Nice quality shadow.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

In the pan, this does not look like much. However, I have grey/blue/green eyes (ask 3 different people what color my eyes are, you will likely get 3 different answers!! lol), and this just makes my eyes "pop". I am also tan and I think this is a great color for tanned or medium to darker skin tones, although really anyone could probably use this. I think this would also look good on many eye colors.

This applies smoothly and evenly, even without a primer. My usual eyeshadow test minus primer and shadow on it's own, this passed with flying colors. It does not crease on me and wears very nicely, lasting a good 8 hours on me (possibly more, I try to limit how long makeup is on my skin these days), not fading or turning funny colors. I detect no scent..which, imo, eyeshadows should not be scented. JMO.

I get no fallout upon application and no crumbling when applying like some glittery type shadows tend to do. Very nice to work with and this will blend easily with other shades or can wear nicely on it's own as a single shadow look.

There may be similar shades out there, but as the saying goes, cousins, not twins. This just applies nicely and wears nicely and is pretty effortless to use, all of which I totally appreciate. I am not one to fuss with makeup a whole lot. This is just easy, using it on it's own or with other shades. Great purchase, very pleased. Would recommend and yes I would re-purchase.

on 12/26/2012 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I know it is supposed to be gold but in my mind it is orange-gold. Anyways, it is the best color of eye-shadow I know of. I am pretty sure it will work with any complexion, unless you have very yellowish skin because then you can go into yellow overload. I got mine in the NAKED palette (original) and soon enough it was my go to color. Do you know how they have like Sin colored everything the the Urban Decay line? I wish there was Baked everything! I use it to save any make-up look. Do you know when you are just smudging and blending eyeshadows hoping it will end up well but it doesn't go as you pleased? just through in some baked on the lid or as blending color and voila! you all of a sudden look like a good makeup artist after all. I love it and I will repurchase. color payoff is as good as it gets. It worked well on me when I was NC30 and works well when I am a pale NC20. This color benefits most from a primer because it is very pearly.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Everybody and their mother needs to own a color like this! Baked is a beautiful bronze-y gold, with high shimmer. It's great on every eye color, and every skin color. Somehow, it makes blue eyes bluer, green eyes greener and brown eyes browner! It brings out the gold tones in tan skin and contrasts with pale skin in the most lovely way! Its literally magic in a pan!(: The formula is superb, long lasting, buttery soft and absolutely no fall out! It's dark enough to be in the crease on a light, every day eye, and perfect all over the lid. Girls with blue eyes, try this smudged on the upper lash line with lots of black mascara- the perfect every day eye! I cannot rave enough, and I will continue to buy this for the rest of my life! Go out and buy it... or better yet, buy the Naked Palette!(: