Prada L'Eau Ambrée

No Image

3.8

The official main ingredients of Prada L'Eau Ambree: Mandarine, Lemon, May Rose, Gardenia Jasminoides, Patchouli, Oppoponax, Vanilla, Modern Amber.

on 12/16/2013 10:51:00 PM

My favorite scent. It's sophisticated and classy. I love the amber and the powder notes. I will buy it again and again. The only downside is that it doesn't last as long as I would like it to. Hopefully daniela andrier can come up with a stronger version of this.

on 1/11/2013 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Smells rally nice, but it's too expencive.

on 1/20/2012 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

There are so many mixed reviews for this scent, but that is the case, it seems, for most perfumes. I was leery of this at first because of the patchouli and amber (two notes that, if done wrong, make me smell like a cheap, dirty ho, imo). This one is so delicious on my skin. Definitely a skin scent, but it does last a long time. I'm currently wearing the remnants of it on my wrist. It lasted through a shower and a night of sleep. The amber and patchouli are well blended with the other notes, and the drydown is more vanilla and opopanax on me. I really love this scent! Pity I don't have a full bottle yet.

Edit 6/19/12: I have two full bottles now, thanks to being able to get it cheap on eBay. I'm set for life.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really like this. I got this at my high school fashion design class during a presentation. Nordstrom specialists, MAC makeup artists, etc came in and taught us more about fashion. At the end we were given free gift bags, and inside had a sample of Prada L'eau Ambree. I absolutely loved it. To me, it didn't smell too sweet, too woodsy, etc. It smells just right. It is a very sensuous and feminine fragrance with a dash of sexiness. At first it smells strong, but if you wait a few minutes to let it sink in it smells sweet and lovely. I'm sad though because the sample bottle leaked and now there is no more fragrance. I'm definitely asking for this for Christmas.

EDIT: I got it for Christmas and it smells nothing like it did on the sample. It is a clean type of scent for adults and it smells professional. HOWEVER, you can't smell it after 5 minutes. Disappointed.

on 11/10/2011 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Like the scent. It's pretty nice. Too expensive though for my taste

on 10/26/2011 5:11:00 AM

This perfume is gorgeous. Amber perfumes can be heavy, and sometimes stifling. L'eau Ambree is not it's like a glance through veiled lashes, or a sideways smile, or really nice silk lingerie worn under everyday jeans. Starts with a lovely citrus chord smooth, and not at all sharp or cologne-y. Then it progresses to a very smooth florals. The flowers don't last long - a very light amber comes through. Quite honey-ish, and ever so slightly soapy, with an glassy edge that in bad amber perfumes, scours the back of your throat like cheap vodka, but in this one, ever so gently caresses it. There's a cosy vanilla at the base, though not in any sense a gourmand - it blends so well with the amber that I couldn't tell for the first few tries.

I find all of Prada's perfumes to have a similar aesthetic (I have Infusion d'Iris edp, and the original Prada edp - both are fantastic) - elegant, quiet, but very very confident. This perfume is subtle, but not weak (unlike Chanel's sillage bombs), office-appropriate, but not at all bland. If there's one word to use, I find it "tasteful" not in a derogatory twinsets and pearls sense, but as if the person wearing this would simply know how to handle a nasty situation. If I can't make up my mind what to wear, this one is my go-to. The packaging is gorgeous. It lasts about 4-5 hours on me. I'd be happy to wear this day or night, but it fits in best in the beginning of autumn, when the weather starts to chill.

on 10/22/2011 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Its an 'eau' but so 'ewww'. patchouli is very strong in this fragrance. I really loved prada amber and gardenia gives it a very green non feminine tone to it. The staying power is good but it gave me a headache.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I sensed scents of dry woody, patchouli and amber.Its darkish and warm, but its so light that you could wear it anywhere, anytime, and theres nothing overly feminine about it. It is a faint smell and you can only smell it if your really close. That is all I have to say about this EDT.

Let me start by saying that I used this a while ago when the had a sample in a magazine loved and then forgot about it. I was at Nordstrom and was looking for a new perfume.
I tried Alien sun essence and this I bought both... why do I love/like this perfume it has something to it that is calming to me. I must remind me of someone maybe I think why I love it is that it kind of reminds me of an old tobacco pipe . sweet and spicy, and soft and comfortable. I put it on a feel like a hug has enveloped me. It is soft and feminine. It is Very different that any other perfume I have used. My fianc has yet to smell it as I am waiting until fall to wear it as it is not really a summer fragrance in my opnion.. I think I like it more for the feeling I get when I use Prada, it is very lovely. I say it is worth a try. The notes are Mandarin, Lemon, May Rose Absolute, Gardenia, Amber, Patchouli, Vanilla, Opoponax. So lovely

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I suppose the clue is in the title: L'EAU. So what you are getting is not a loud in your face AMBER but a light delicate fragrance that has grown on me since I got it a couple of years ago for Christmas. If you are looking for a loud spicey oriental there are probably better choices out there for you. This whispers away very gently like a light comforting voile. An up close and personal scent. This is not your typical warm amber either but combines citrusy notes which gives it a lighter cooler feeling. This is very wearable in the Summer as well as in the Winter. Suitable for day wear thought I like to wear it in the evening as well. Peronally I like the look of the bottle but in terms of practicality it is a pain in the neck. it's the sort of fragrance that slips away unobtrusively into the background. You may not think it is there until your lift whatever you were wearing the day before and there it is reassuringly still there like a constant friend. (Sorry if that was wishy washy!)

Popular Fragrances