Sebamed Cleansing Shower Oil

No Image

4.6

Not tested on animals

Avocado Oil (Persea Gratissima), Lecithin, MIPA Laureth Sulfate, Laureth 4, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Poloxamer 101, Cocamide DEA, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Lactate

on 3/24/2015 3:17:00 PM

Great product for dry skin.

on 5/4/2014 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a wonderful alternative to liquid soap for my very sensitive, dry skin. I use it with clarisonic and it does a great job removing makeup. The product leaves slightly skin clean and mosturized at the same time.
The smell is a bit strong, but not as bad as that of sebamed face cream (which is very strong and nauseating).
The only problem I am having when using this oil, is the container it comes in. It would be okay for a lotion or something thicker, not very liquid oil product, which this one is. There is no pump, just a small opening, so the oil leaks everywhere. In fact, some oil leaked inside the package when I brought it home from the store. It is really annoying. I am transferring this oil into a more suitable bottle.
Sebamed should rethink their fragrances and some of their packaging. Good products overall.

I use this to shave with, and if I take more than once shower a day. It's light weight,golden color and moisturizes well. I'm no crazy about the fragrance of this, but getting use to it. It doesn't smell anything like the shower gel. It smells like a shampoo ,maybe old school herbal essence or flex shampoo-diluted though. Will keep on buying. A little pricey $13),but I got on sale($7)

on 2/17/2014 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

IThis oil cleanser is a yellow, thin liquid that spills very quickly out of the pop-top cap so be careful. Like many of the Sebamed products, this has a light but distinct fragrance, which I find odd for a line marketed for sensitive skin. Some have described the fragrance as "amber-y," which sounds about right. It did not bother me, but you may want to patch test if you are very sensitive to fragrances. Like other Sebamed products, this has a skin friendly pH of 5.5.

The 1st ingredient is avocado oil, which my sensitive, KP-prone skin seems to really like. It foams a bit, but not a lot. It did not cause any clogs, KP, or breakouts, and left my itch-prone legs, arms and mid-lower back feeling super comfortable, itch-free, and soft. I am very impressed by this cleanser, and will buy it again. Great for dry weather and dry, itchy skin, and as a side bonus did not cause as nearly as much film buildup in my shower as some dry skin cleansers that contain petrolatum or MO.

PS I used this a few times on my face when I got a windburn/was really dry from being outside in the cold, and it worked very well - no greasiness, no clogs. I have really oily skin, so I don't think I could use it every day, but for occasional use on face it worked fine. If your face is always dry this might work very well.

on 2/1/2014 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use this as a facial cleansing oil. I wear Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation that doesn't come off with just any cleanser. I also use a long wearing eyeliner. My skin is very oily but prone to become dry only on the surface if I'm not careful. It will also break out at the drop of a hat. There are so many cleansing oils that I've encountered that do not remove my makeup completely resulting in deeply imbedded whiteheads. Also, many of the oils (olive, sunflower, macadamia, jojoba, etc.) used in oil cleansers will cause a strange pimply rash. However, I've never had a problem with mineral oil. Go figure! I do like a cleanser that will bubble or foam even if ever so slightly. In my mind that just means it is cleaning better (now whether that is true or not doesn't matter to my brain :).

For ease of makeup removal, I wash my face in the shower at night. It's just easier on my back than bending over a sink forever and a day. Once I get in the shower, I let the warm water run over my face for a minute or two. Then I pour about a quarter to half dollar size of this oil in my palm and rub my hands together. I massage the oil in and around my face including my eye area for about 2 or 3 minutes. This produces just the ever so slightest bit of bubbly foam, but it's enough for me. After I rinse this off, I then follow with another bubbly cleanser. I have a couple that I am currently rotating: M2 Exfoliating Cleanser, Giovanni D-Tox cleanser, Mychelle apple brightening cleanser. Sometimes I will use a washcloth or muslin cloth and other times I won't. Just depends on how much eyemakep I've worn that day. After rinsing for another minute or two, my face is makeup free and doesn't feel oily nor stripped. Just soft and clean.

Whatever you do, however, don't get this in your eyes or in your mouth! It will burn like heck and it tastes terrible to boot! This product does have a fragrance that may bother some but the added fragrance doesn't seem to affect my skin, so I'm okay with the smell. It doesn't smell awful, it's just a strong perfumy smell. If you are looking for a cleansing oil for your makeup removal and just haven't found one that you like, I would encourage you to give this a try. Then if you don't like it for your face, you can always use it for your body. :)

on 12/7/2013 3:00:00 AM

I am surprised that there are so few reviews for this, it is a newly discovered holy grail for me. I have sensitive skin which is not particularly dry most of the time but winter, warm woollen clothes and nylon stockings cause me to itch and give me bumps on my buttocks. Recently, I have also started to experience dryness on my lover legs, they hurt like hell the moment I tried to touch my legs with a razor. This has gotten rid of all. I now have nicely moisturized skin that has stopped itching, bumps have subsided and I can shave my legs comfortably. I have also recommended this to my husband who suffers from lots of dryness, eczema and whatnot. He uses the green stuff from Sebamed and did not seem very interested in it. But I think he uses it, too because its place keeps on changing.

It lathers allright, has a slightly ambery suntanny smell and leaves my skin very comfortable. I definitely recommend you give it a try.

on 10/27/2010 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this shower oil a lot. The smell is sweet, the texture good and the price is okay. My skin is not dried out as with shower gels. I think it is almost simular to the Eucerin shower oil.
The bottle is not very convenient, there is an old fashioned screw hull.

on 12/20/2009 8:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This product has a neutral scent (added fragrance) and made my dry, itchy skin comfortable while showering in chlorinated water. The instructions say to moisten skin, apply product and lather. After the shower, my skin felt soft but I still needed to apply moisturizer. I live in the desert so there is no atmospheric moisture.

This Sebamed product is a decent alternative to soap or body wash, but the most moisturizing shower product I've used is a castor-oil based sugar scrub from Skindecent, it leaves skin heavily coated with emollient. This leaves just a light coating of moisture.

Edit: I have to remove a lippie for this product, on subsequent trials I really found the fragrance a little overwhelming, and it wasn't well chosen by the mfrs. A masking fragrance would have been better, this is a combination of amber and something that clashes with it.

on 9/29/2009 2:46:00 PM

I got this "Cleansing Shower Oil" to my best friend who is pharmacy worker,after i said to her that i have on my sholders dry areea from the alcaline water from Germany..and she gived me this.In shower i put few drops on my ussualy bath puff and i was suprise to see that this prods didnt make foam..and i put it again and again..and when i finally check it on package..i noticed :
this is not a shower gel,this is avocado oil and lecitin and soap free,so there is no foam.This is the first time when i use this kind of prod,soo dont laugh.I start to use it directly in palms and there is alittle foam..the smell is gently who dissapair imediatly u finish the shower.
This is for senstive,normal to dry skin,ph.5.5 and when u finish the shower and dry the skin u ll notice like..a very delicate oil is covering your skin like a silky kiss lol
I really love this shower oil..it would be perfect if the smell ll be citrus like i prefere..but it doesnt matter if is protecting my skin to severly dry patches i had on my right part of my body.I had always a strange alergy to to alcaline water..and after awhile some white and dry areea had apper on my body..when that skin fall i got white spots ..like scars
With this shower oil i dont have that prob anymore and i quit using normal shower gel who gived me itchy skin..and i improved the content adding few props at rose oil..mmmm
i hope nobody can see my home adress to can stole it..lol
I will definetly re-buy it,is the best!

on 9/2/2009 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Awesome. Very similar to L'occitane Grape Shower Oil, it lathers slightly but is a cleansing shower oil after all which means it doesn't strip skin of moisture unlike shower gels. It is mostly avocado oil with added lecithin and slight foaming ingredieants. Be aware this product differs to shower and bath oil treatments that you usually find in a chemist, it is a cleanser, not something you add to your bath or shower with after you wash for moisture, it actually does both. Great for the lazy or time poor or if you hate putting cold body lotion on in winter as this product allows you to skip moisturiser. Price wise it could be cheaper, i paid $14 95 Australian for a 200 ml bottle, but compared to L'occitane Shower Oil which is $33 for a 250 ml bottle it is still a lot cheaper. I can't ever go back to using normal shower gels or soap after using this stuff so if i find something cheaper that does the job just as well i'll buy that, in the meantime you've got the market cornered Sebamed!!