E.L.F. Studio Blush Mellow Mauve

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Polybutene, Sodium Dehydroacetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77077), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this blush! It looks beautiful on my NC37 skin. This powder is super silky, though not super pigmented. I am okay with that as I don't like super pigmented blushes and would prefer to be able to build it up. I was actually surprised by this blush, since I purchased a different blush from ELF before and it was very scratchy and had no pigment whatsoever. I've seen some of the reviews say that about this one too so I'm not sure if it's a quality control issue or what, but the one I purchased feels very high quality. And I'm not usually too impressed by ELF products.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

My favorite blush of all time, not so much because of the texture or longevity, but the color is amazing on my skintone (NC37). I know people say that this is a dupe for Tarte Exposed blush, but I prefer the color of this one (a little rosier), and the formula of the tarte blushes, because they last longer. The blush has a smooth texture, and blends really nicely. This is the only blush from the ELF line that I kept, and I actually have a back up of it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I've been shopping my stash looking for a mauve or plum shade for fall. I hadn't worn this blush in quite awhile and I was surprised how much I liked it. By now my summer tan is long gone and I found this blush to have just the right amount of color. Not too much that it overpowered my fair skin but nicely buildable. Not too much sparkle either. Just a pretty sheen. A very nice, everyday type of blush. Would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had such high hopes for this blush but the pigment just wasn't there. In the pan, the shade looks gorgeous. Texture feels soft and buttery without any fallout but when I swatch it, nothing. This does not show up on my skin at all. Not even a hint of blush. I would have been happy with even a subtle wash of color but no, nothing. Packaging is sturdy, a great find for less than $4 but it just disappears on me so I will be returning it sadly.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I'm not a huge fan of blush with shimmers, but I can deal with this one. The shimmer looks daunting on the pan, but less so in real life. The color matches my medium skin nicely, though when I'm slightly tanned I gotta need to find something darker. It doesn't wreak havoc on my sensitive skin, as well, so it's a steal!
The texture is powdery enough, although it's not the smoothest of all powders. However, for its price, this is a good blush for a start.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this blush!! I simply couldn't justify spending so much on the Tarte Exposed so I hunted this down since I heard it was a pretty good dupe and it really is!! I love this blush - applies beautifully and lasts a long time. Can't go wrong for $4 here in Canada and they now sell it at the Superstore!!! :D

For the price,the quality of this blush if anything is amazing. It feels smooth and is fairly well pigmented. The shade is a deeper pinky mauve. I gave it a 3 because it lasts for about 5 hours,whichisnt that bad.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was bought as a cart-filler to get 50% off ELF and I have to say, it looks nothing like the picture on the website

But mellow mauve does capture it.

There is a fine shimmer that you can't really see when applied

Its just the perfect low-maintenance blush. Its the one I toss in my bag any time and it goes with anything. Its a really natural look, I like it because is so reliable and easy to use. Its almost impossible to overdo.

First, I really like e.l.f. studio blushes. They go on smoothly, have a medium amount of pigmentation (not too much for fair skin,) wear well, and the case they come in is much nicer than you usually get in a drugstore blush.

Mellow mauve is very, very mellow, indeed. It bears no resemblance to the photo associated with the reviews for it on this site. It's more of a cool muted peach than anything I would associate with the purple family. I'm very fair, and I use this shade as a bronzer/contour.

I like it! It kind of takes a few swipes for it to show up but I'm happy with that because I have the 4 blush pallet by e.l.f and they're so pigmented I always end up looking like a clown no matter what brush I use or how light handed I go. It has a little shimmer but it's nice, it looks like I applied a sublte highlight when I didn't.
I've had a lot of bad luck with blushes where they're too pigmented and when I try to buff them out, I end up getting blush a little further down my cheek than I like and this one hasn't done that.