China Glaze Let's Groove

Let's GrooveLet's Groove

4.5

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This is a super pretty dark purple with reddish shimmer. The color is very elegant and great for winter but fortunately it always looks purple; this isn't one of those polishes that mostly looks black in most lighting. The formula is okay but not great. I found it to be a bit gloopy to apply and top coat didn't help smooth it out much. I got a week of wear with no chips using Revlon Colorstay base coat but I don't think the wear time would be quite as good otherwise. I like this color a lot and I feel like it's unique from many shimmery purples.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Let's Groove is from the Autumn 2009 Retro Diva collection, and it is a purple with red and blue shimmer. The shimmer sorts of fades into the base, for a 'lit from within' glow. This shade is a dupe for NARS Purple Rain, and is extremely similar to Zoya Yasmeen. Most bigger brands have similar tones of shimmery purples, including China Glaze themselves.

The shade isn't anything unique, but the formula is a winner; you only need one thicker coat for complete coverage that matches the shade in the bottle, although I'm someone who leans towards applying two thinner coats for better wear. This polish is the perfect balance between not-too-thick and not-too-thin, it is so smooth to apply that it almost seems to apply itself, it doesn't streak on me, it dries quickly, and it wears well.

Let's Groove is a pretty shade and it has a great formula, but I now have Orly Close Your Eyes which is a similar shade, but I prefer the more glowy formula in it - so I wouldn't rebuy Let's Groove. But if you don't own a similar shade, then I do think that this is well worth picking up as it is more affordable in comparison to most of it's lookalikes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

Let's Groove is from the 2009 China Glaze Retro collection. I remember the 70s all too well, and this colour most definitely has a retro vibe (even though in the 70s, the only nail polish colours really available were pinks, corals, reds, burgundies, etc., and your nails were supposed to match your lips). This is a medium-dark, quite warm purple with a pronounced, red-leaning plum shimmer.

Great formula, and I can sometimes get away with one coat. Typical wear, no particular issues with this polish at all. This never looks black (shimmer is too strong for that!). I'll also note that with a matte top coat, it reminds me of the purple crushed velvet bedspread my best friend had in 1976. Retro, indeed. :)

on 12/10/2012 11:16:00 PM

Very pretty dark purple...however too bright for me in the winter. I like a bit of a blackened purple. I will pass on this one not too mention did not like the way it held up as it started too chip after one day! Will go back to my OPI every month is Octoberfest and Butter of London Chimney sweep! I luv those two colors over this one by far!!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I can't believe I've never reviewed this polish - it is one of my all time favorite purples! Let's Groove is a sexy deep purple with an almost charcoal base and reddish shimmer. I've worn this color as both a mani and a pedi (many times over) in the fall and winter and never tire of it. The formula glides on easily. It is flattering on my skintone and I think it would compliment many skintones. It is a gorgeous jewel toned polish with a lot of depth to it. Definitely in my top 20 all time favorite polishes. Highly rec. to pretty much anyone who loves purple polish :)

on 2/25/2012 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A winner - and possibly my newest HG purple - a gorgeous shade with depth and a bit of mettalic chimmer to it. Deep eggplant-y purple and definitely NOT black.

on 2/23/2012 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

This color came up as dupey for Nars Purple rain. I wanted to try this color without the big expense. This baby DElivers. Secret and not so secret glimmers add depth to this glorious purple. I hope it never goes away...Purple satisfaction in a bottle. The formula is not streaky. One of the best purples in my opinion.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this tone of purple is dark but not dark that looks black and is pretty cheap like 2.99 at trade design and on sunlight lord does it look amazing

on 1/13/2011 6:49:00 PM

Sexy in the bottle, even sexier on the nail. This is the perfect deep, sultry purple nail color for me. Very blue-based, deep purple with pretty pink-red shimmer. Opaque in one coat and the formula is great! Not a bad price either for such good quality (2.88 on 8ty8). I don't typically run out of any color of nail polish, but if/when I do run out of this one I'll be looking for it again!

on 10/27/2009 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I have a slight weakness for deep purple polishes, so this one had my name all over it, and it doesn't disappoint one iota!

Let's Groove is part of the Retro Diva collection, and this shade was the standout for me! It's a deep sultry purple that doesn't end up looking black (like Midnight Ride does) and has incredible fuschia microshimmer. This is along the lines of Zoya Yasmeen but a bit deeper. China Glaze as always .. applies like a dream for me and doesn't streak, so application of this was perfecto! Gorgeous on both tips and toes. Definitely a winner in my stash! continued >>

Popular Polishes