REVLON Quick Dry Top Coat

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
REVLON Quick Dry Top Coat

4.1

oje

This is my favorite topcoat. I used to get chipped nails easily because my job requires so much typing. With this top coat + the ORLY Bonder base coat, I go at least 4 days without chips -- pretty good for me.

This is the first quick dry topcoat I've found that isn't thick/goopy (therefore, it doesn't bubble except with user error -- at least in my experience). You just need one layer. In a minute it's dry to light touches; in 10-30 minutes (depending on how many layers of color and how long you waited between layers of color) it's fully dry. I did my nails yesterday and cooked dinner half an hour after I was done -- no issues.

Definitely my HG topcoat!

on 3/7/2015 12:26:00 PM

I really like this top coat......it helps with preventing chipping and flaking however it gives a high sheen finish which isn't always what you want......the price is excellent at 6 pounds as it will last forever!....... really stubborn to come off however..... bit of a pain.....

This product works great. You can't say it doesn't, it's alcohol with vitamins and oils so your hands don't get dry.
If this isn't working then you're putting way too many coats of nail polish on.
NAIL COAT RULE : ONLY TWO
LOL

I found that this top coat took ages to dry (certainly wasn't fast drying) and didn't have an overly shiny finish. I found it quite oily, which made it prone to cracking. I also found that it smudged my nail art really easily, even if I left the nail art to dry overnight. The brush was small so I was guessing where I hadn't put it. Finally the 2nd half of the bottle was gloopy despite having only had the product for 6 months.
It was a good price for a branded bottle but could probably pay less for a non branded bottle of similar quality.
Would not buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

When I took to Make Up Alley to see what experiences others had with this top coat, I must say that I was shocked to see that this had such a high rating.
I'll get to the point... At first I was quite impressed with this polish. It dried completely within the hour, meaning I didn't wake up with sheet marks. It was shiny, but not too shiny. And, it didn't leave me with unwanted bubbling. But, after using it a couple of times I begun to see its flaws. This top coat made my nail polish lasts about 3 days (which is okay, but without a top coat my polish can generally last a week without chipping) and then it would crack, not chip, but crack. You could see lines and lines of cracks in the nail polish which is majorly unattractive. That was by far my biggest problem with this top coat.
On top of that, I feel like when I got half way through the bottle the polish all of a sudden became thicker and more of a struggle to apply, meaning I had to throw the rest of the product away.
Not completely impressed with this product, I don't think I will be repurchasing this any time soon, in the meantime I will be trying and testing other top coats.

on 1/31/2014 11:41:00 PM

Shiny. Takes a couple hours to dry completely. Brush isn't great - OPI brush is much easier to use.

Okay for toe nails, but on fingernails, lasts about a day then chips. Perhaps I am a bit rough on hands.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Other

After reading a lot of the reviews here, it seems to me that a number of reviewers are very confused as to which product they are actually reviewing. Revlon makes a quick drying top coat, that is, a layer of clear varnish that protects the manicure and helps the whole thing dry more quickly, and they also make a product called "Liquid Quick Dry" which is NOT A TOP COAT, but is, rather, a thin, oily liquid that you put on your wet manicure to help it dry faster. The liquid drying agent doesn't do anything to protect the manicure, because it's not a top coat, though you can use it in conjunction with a top coat.

The top coat is Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat, with the number 960 (it's on the label on the top). It is an actual top coat (which I will review in a moment; I just wanted to clear up the confusion with the two products). The quick dry liquid (Revlon Liquid Quick Dry) has the number 990 on the top. They are different products, and while they have similarities (both aid in the drying time of a manicure), they really are not the same (and it's kind of silly that Revlon packaged them almost identically and gave them similar names, but there you go).

If you see any reviews that mention a product that is oily or "very thin" or mentions that it does nothing to protect the manicure or the like, be careful. They may be reviewing the wrong product!

Okay, on to the top coat review. :)

This top coat is your basic clear top coat, standard Revlon bottle and skinny brush (I admit, Revlon brushes are not my favourite). As top coats go, it's somewhat thinner than many, and it does not have an especially high-shine finish, though it is glossy. It's pretty straightforward to apply, with good, even viscosity. It does speed drying time, but not as much as some quick dry top coats, and I suspect that with many coats of polish, this doesn't penetrate as well or as completely as some other quick dry top coats. This does an acceptable job of protecting my manicures, but I rarely wear them more than about four days, so I can't really say much about longevity beyond that (I can say that on a pedicure, which I generally wear until the regrowth forces me to take it off, this top coat is up to the task).

This is a nice, efficient little quick drying top coat. Pretty basic, gets the job done, it's easy to come by, and it's not too expensive. Worth trying, I think, anyway, and if you end up not liking it, you're not out very much.

on 9/7/2013 6:40:00 PM

I tried this out just today so this I'd basically a first impressions, there must be different bottles because in The states I bought this and it came in a blue-ish tinted bottle. And said "revlon liquid quick dry" and is the only top coat they had anywhere I looked. Well I painted my nails using the revlon base coat, and the color "fearless" then followed with this... And it's not terrible at all. Better than some other quick dry top costs, leaves nails looking shiny, probably because its more of an oil than a nail polish... You have to apply a very little amount of this stuff over your polish or it will not work right! If you apply to much if doesn't work. This stuff claims to only take 60 seconds to dry, but it took me more like an hour which is fine because usually my nails take like 4 hours to dry and when doing my nails before bed its a hassle! Also, the smell of this stuff is just terrible, I wouldn't expect it to be good... But it's just so potent you can smell it throughout my house.. Yikes. Overall it's a pretty good product, just don't apply too much!

This is my HG top coat and I have been using this for years. I don't know why I never wrote a review earlier. This is cheap and works well. Easy application and goes on thin. It dries fairly quickly and gives it a really nice shiny glossy finish. Definitely worth every penny! Only downfall is about halfway through the bottle it gets really thick and you can't use it anymore. Considering the price of this top coat compared to others, I don't mind purchasing a new one when it gets to that point.

It dries quickly, it's a thin formula that's easy to apply and it gives a mega shiny finish (I keep getting complimented on my nails..this is the only top coat I use). I haven't used many top coats ..just Sally Hansen Mega Shine (bad) and Insta Dri in the red bottle (good, but thick). The reason I didn't give this a 5 is because I don't think this made my manicure last any longer than usual...3 days maybe 4 if I'm lucky. It was $5 something at Walmart (Canada)