Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat

Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat

4.1

oje

For years I've been very happy with my Sally Hansen top coat but I've been unable to buy any for a while and I've tried various ones but nothing I'm happy with.
The search is over. For the £2 I paid I feel like a criminal.
It's almost gel like in formula, super quick to apply and as it says on the bottle, it's quick dry too.
I've noticed a significant difference in how long my polish lasts, I've gotten over a week with a Essie one that usually lasted three days max.
It's stayed clear even though I've used it on very dark polishes.

I've stocked up on this as I'm guessing because I found it in a discount store, it's been discontinued.

on 3/19/2016 6:04:00 PM

This is a terrific top coat! It extends the life of my manicure for many more days than other top coats I've tried. An unbeatable combination is Seche Vite over wet nails, then a coat of the Revlon once everything dries. Topping up with the Revlon every few days keeps my nails looking tidy and shiny. This is neither thin nor thick and it dries fairly quickly. It does self-level a bit, though not as much as Seche Vite. It is shiny and doesn't bubble. The price is also pretty good and I like that its easy to find at drugstores. Would repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love the professional shine it gives and the consistency; it doesn't get too thick and gloopy like SH's Instadri (which I loved but dried out within a couple of months). This does the job but doesn't add very many days of wear.

This is my favorite topcoat. I used to get chipped nails easily because my job requires so much typing. With this top coat + the ORLY Bonder base coat, I go at least 4 days without chips -- pretty good for me.

This is the first quick dry topcoat I've found that isn't thick/goopy (therefore, it doesn't bubble except with user error -- at least in my experience). You just need one layer. In a minute it's dry to light touches; in 10-30 minutes (depending on how many layers of color and how long you waited between layers of color) it's fully dry. I did my nails yesterday and cooked dinner half an hour after I was done -- no issues.

Definitely my HG topcoat!

on 7/17/2015 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this topcoat. It doesn't dry *instantly* (definitely not in the 60 seconds the bottle claims), but it's much faster than ordinary polish, no more than 5 minutes for it to be pretty securely set. The consistency is nice and easy to apply, I've never had shrinkage issues, it's got a great shine that doesn't dull and my manicures usually last nearly a week without chipping. It does sometimes smear my nail art, but I'm still on the hunt for any top coat that doesn't.

on 3/7/2015 12:26:00 PM

I really like this top coat......it helps with preventing chipping and flaking however it gives a high sheen finish which isn't always what you want......the price is excellent at 6 pounds as it will last forever!....... really stubborn to come off however..... bit of a pain.....

on 2/26/2015 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of the best top coats I've tried. It dries very fast and I'm really pleased with how long it lasts. After a couple days I get really small chips around the tips of my nails, but that is super easy and quick to touch up. That is really my only complaint. With the quick touchups, this top coat helps my polish last at least 5 days. No joke! I've tried OPI and Seche Vite. While OPI was good at preservation, it was very soft and took a long time to dry. Seche Vite dried fast and looked so polished, but was awful at keeping my nails nice. Plus, it shrunk my polish and by the next day all the tips on every nail were showing. I don't have any of those issues with this polish. With a thick layer, it looks just as polished as OPI with the benefit of drying super quick and hard. I don't get those dents or knicks like I did with OPI. Great top coat for the price. I'm glad I randomly tried it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Did two coats of essie nail polish, then revlon top coat, waited about 15 minutes and the nails were still wet, the whole thing was ruined!!Going back to Seche Vite!!! You get what you pay for!!!

on 1/12/2015 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This top coat dries almost immediately on the surface and has a medium level shine. I give myself a weekly manicure and use two coats, allowing 20 minutes between first and second top coat, and another 30 minutes after the second top coat before applying oil. My manicure looks good for six days. (My manicures take 2 1/2 hours because I also wait 20-30 minutes between color coats.)

I don't like the brush. It's thin, and that makes it difficult to spread the polish evenly. I transferred the top coat to an empty Dior polish bottle, which has a perfect brush for even application.

on 12/11/2014 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is currently my top coat of choice. It's cheap, accessible and on par with more expensive topcoats. The Quick Dry Top Coat dries in 1 minute, and leaves nails hard and with the glassy shiny look that I like on my nails. It will bubble if too much is applied, so be careful of that. Also it starts getting goopy when it gets low in the bottle. However, the pros-cheap, shiny, and dries quickly, make this a top coat worth buying.