Murad Essential-C Day Moisture SPF 30

No Image

3.1

Active Ingredients: Ensulizole 2.0%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octocrylene 6.0%, Titanium Dioxide 3.0% Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Butylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Cocoglycerides, Diisopropyl Sebacate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauryl Lactate, PEG-100 Stearate, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Pelvetia Canaliculata Extract, Ectoin, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Passiflora Incarnata Extract, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Panthenol, Tripleurospermum Maritima Extract, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phospholipids, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Chitosan Ascorbate, Betaine, Sorbitol, Glycine, Alanine, Proline, Serine, Threonine, Arginine, Lysine, Glutamic Acid, Zinc Gluconate, Ethyl Linoleate, Cetyl Phosphate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Eugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Red 33 (CI 17200)

on 11/5/2017 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a white runny moisturizer with SPF. Has a light scent which I'm not find if but doesn't really linger. It spreads very easily and doesn't feel tacky but leaves a shiny - not oily - film behind. Kinda feels like a primer and allows foundation to glide easily but isn't pretty on its own. I still needs to be used over a hydrating serum. Also it probably was too potent for my skin because I noticed increased redness while I was using it. I can't say it's a bad product but certainly wasn't for me at all.

on 3/31/2017 9:06:00 AM

I don't know why but this moisturizer actually makes my skin look better. Brighter, less dull, and it might even be helping with discoloration. However, it's very heavy/greasy and leaves a sheen on my face. Plus, as the day goes on, it starts to run and stings my eyes. But because of it improving my skin, I still wear it and would probably rebuy!

on 10/20/2016 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily skin and was looking for a moisturizer with SPF, I like this one but it makes me oily if I use it alone, If I use it on top of an oil control lotion it works amazing and the SPf in it does not make look white, it also doesn't have flashback which again is awesome.

I'm still looking for a good moisturizer with spf for oily skin, but for now this works fine. Also the price is very high for the amount of product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Too watery, it always flows out of the packaging. When applied on the face, it gives a very oily sheen. The overall formula of the product was just bad

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have to start by saying that for a long time I was not a fan of Murad in general. I tried a product that claimed to even skin tone and reduce discolorations and it did nothing for me, and I wrote off the line.

However, Murad samples I've received from Sephora recently have been pleasantly surprising to me. It started with a daily exfoliating wash, and now it is this moisturizer.

A bit about me -- I am in my early 40s with very fair skin and I flat out will not use a daily moisturizer without a minimum SPF of 25. I have been using sunscreen in my daily moisturizer since my early 20s, and while I wish the research on photo aging would have come out when I was even younger, I do feel my skin has benefited from the sun protection I've given it as an adult. I think I generally look my age but I do have people tell me often that they are surprised I am in my 40s.

My skin is super dry, and especially in the winter, I typically need an oil-based moisturizer to prevent scaling and flaking. Perhaps because this winter has been so unseasonably warm, I have not yet started experiencing these typical effects. So it could be that this moisturizer won't be sufficient under harsh climate circumstances.

But for now I am really liking its lightweight yet effective formulation, which spreads and penetrates easily, and leaves my skin hydrated and fresh -- neither matte nor dewy, but healthy, even and glowy. Just last week someone told me that looking at my skin made her decide to go have a spa day and get a facial. That got my attention!

I have no issues with "sunscreen smell" or texture. I just think of sunscreen as part of what I get out of my daily moisturizing. But for me, this certainly has no whitish residue or other sunscreen related issues. I like the packaging in the tube -- it is easy to dispense the amount I need, and while this isn't hermetically sealed, I like that prevents me from needing to touch/contaminate the product with my fingers.

on 10/13/2015 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

During the early stages of pregnancy I struggled with my skin. I went to Sephora and tried several products. Finally I found Murad. This moisturizer was perfect for my combination skin. It didn't make me break out, or make my skin feel greasy. I love the fact that is has a nice soft citrus scent and absorbs quickly. I almost always wear foundation (out of habit) and foundation glides nicely over top, no pilling. I have been using the product since March 2015 and I find my skin just keeps improving with its use. I really feel that it works well, I don't have to reapply moisturizer during the day etc.

on 9/3/2015 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

WOw, I am surprised so many people aren't digging this product. I think this is an excellent choice for sun protection. What impresses me most about this sunscreen is that it really is more of a moisturizer than standard sunscreen (no stinky sunscreen smell - very faint and does fade), even though it truly is both. I am also highly impressed by the fact this contains so many wonderful antioxidant and skin loving ingredients (even though this shouldn't surprise me since its touted more as a moisturizer than straight up sunscreen).

Pros:
Excellent UV/UA protection
Tons of additional anti-oxidants; more than a sunscreen, it's also a skin rejuvenator.
Doesn't smell overpoweringly like sunscreen - just a little and it fades. Major plus and rarity.
Goes on smooth like a lotion (not patchy like sunscreen usually does)
Not tacky or sticky at all
Works well under foundation
Claims to hold in water/retain moisture
Works well for light moisture
Good for all types of skin, but best for normal/combo/oily.

Cons:
Fairly expensive at $60.00 for 1.7 0z.
Not moisturizing enough for those with really dry skin or dry skin.
I wish the UV/UA protection level was higher.

I think (scratch that - am fairly positive) anyone with normal to oily skin who tries this will like it. The only reason I personally will not continue using this as a daily sunscreen is bc A) I started using Retin A for anti-aging, and I feel more comfortable with a protection level of 50 or above and B) my skin is extremely dry and requires more moisture than this offers. But if I were not using RA this would be an HG for me, hands down!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

After finishing the samples of this I had received I decided to go ahead and get the full sized bottle. I actually really do like this moisturizer. I don't like to wear it alone so I tend to mix a bit of my everyday moisturizer with it and then apply it. Personally, I don't need to much. I use probably a bit more than a pea sized amount with the same amount of my usual moisturizer and I find it to work out really well.
It does have a sunscreen scent but it tends to disappear within a minute or two. This sunscreen is on the pricey side but this is the first sunscreen that I have actually liked. I find that others can be too drying or oily but I rarely have that problem with this one. When I run out I will most likely be repurchasing it.

I'm on my second full-sized tube of this after initially getting a sample from Sephora. It's my everyday morning moisturizer. I love the scent, the lightweight formula, and the spf. To me, it does its job well and I'm growing accustomed to it, though I do wish it weren't so pricey.

on 3/11/2014 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Meh. Just OK - and way too expensive. I am sticking with Skinceuticals and BeautiControl for now. Non occlusive and benign. Smells nice.