Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color

image 1image 2image 3image 4

3.4

on 4/1/2016 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

These dry super fast which I like. You do have to be careful with application because it can get messy in a hurry. I had luck applying one thick coat to keep it smooth without bubbles or streaking. I like that it only takes one coat instead of 2 or 3. These chip like crazy though. I applied a layer and a top coat before bed and by the time I got out the door the next morning they were already chipped. Not worth it! I won't be purchasing other colors since it chips so easy.

on 1/8/2016 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The best nail polish I have used and I used quite a few including much more expensive brands. It is not worth wasting money, when this one does such a great job.
- really shiny
- dries fast
- great brush for application
- needs only one coat

5/5

To Read all 127 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/7/2016 10:51:00 PM

I love this product! It is the only nail polish I will buy. It goes on easily and streak free, I rarely ever need more than one coat, and it dries very fast.

on 12/29/2015 1:34:00 AM

Overall, this is one of the best lines of polish I've ever used. The formula really dries quickly, quicker than any other polishes I have. The finish is high gloss/high shine. The brush is fantastic. It has a really long handle and is very wide, so not many strokes required, and it's really easy to not make a mess. The only real downside to this collection is that there aren't all that many colors (comparatively) and they're all rich cremes. I'm guessing it's far easier to do a quick-dry formula for a creme than for other kinds of polish. I'd love it if they expanded more, but meanwhile I'll be enjoying the existing polishes in the line.

on 12/28/2015 12:43:00 PM

I thought I was doing something wrong because, you know, it's Sally Hansen and the reputation is great. But the I've tried two different polishes now Nude-tral, Show Steel-er and had the same results from both...gloppy, lumpy, streaky, and bubbled; not to mention a very strange brush and a finish that is dull. I don't do my nails often but when I do, it's done correctly base coat, top coat, all nail/hand prep that's required. I've used Wet-n-Wild polish which is much cheaper and gotten better results. It goes on smoother, with one coat and doesn't make you look like you have a bumpy emery board sitting on your nails.

Insta-dry is a waste of time and money. Won't ever buy it again.

on 11/19/2015 3:43:00 PM

This is my favorite polish formula. Other reviews complain that it chips but I always wear a topcoat and it lasts well enough on me. The brush is awesome, it fits perfectly on the nail. Set Sail is my absolute favorite. I wish they had a better color selection.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

After using sally hansen extreme wear nail polish for a while I decided to try their insta-dri range.
These, aside from the extreme wear collection (which in my opinion has a nicer slimmer brush) are the BEST drugstore brand nail polishes.
I do not have an extensive collection of them but the ones I have owned (all creme polishes) usually need 1-2 coats to be fully opaque and they dry very quickly.
The brush is ok, my nails are on the slimmer side and a china glaze brush is better but the width of sally hansen brushes work great for my middle finger and thumb nails.
I find the colour lasts a long time, applies nicely and doesn't become thick quickly.
Coupled with the insta-dri top coat it makes the perfect alternative to expensive polish brands
In England it's usually easier to find these polishes online where they sell for £1-3 for the 9.17ml bottle so it's great value for money!
Cheaper than the readily available Barry M and made to the standards of OPI

on 8/14/2015 2:16:00 PM

I'm busy and don't spend a lot of time on my nails. I've used Insta-Dry clear and light neutral colors for years. It's been some time since I bought a new color but today bought #150, Petal Pusher...wow, where have I been? GREAT BRUSH! The BRUSH is what is remarkable - it's wide, covers quickly (two swipes!) I'm dry and off I go!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've tried 2 colors from the Insta-Dri line (a purple and a pink), and I liked them. Looking at the other reviews, I might have non-picky nails as they don't chip often and I don't think I've ever gotten an air bubble with any polish I've used. My main concern when polishing my nails is that they don't apply streaky. The Insta-Dri polishes don't streak at all (even with my sometimes sloppy application).

I think some people have mentioned the brush as a negative, but for me it is a definite positive. It is short and fat which allows for better control and allows me to cover my entire nail in 2 brush strokes rather than 3 (lessening the chance of any streaking too). Before when I didn't use a base coat or a top coat, I never had any staining even with the rich purple color on my toes for 2 weeks. I do think they dry faster than a regular polish but since I use a dry-fast top coat now I haven't had much of a chance to evaluate that aspect.

Overall, I enjoy using the Insta-Dri colors and the unique brush shape allows for easier application. I also like that the bottle is shaped differently as it makes it easier to find the color I'm looking for.

on 2/10/2015 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I have these in Expresso (mauve-berry), Racey Rouge (bright red) and Pink Blink (baby pink with a white-ish undertone) and I love them! The wide and flat brush is so easy to use, just the best brush I could imagine. I wish all polishes came with this type of brush. They do dry fairly fast, although I still wait at least 10 minutes for them to dry just in case. They are very opaque and matte with little shimmer. Texture-wise they differ a bit depending on which shade you buy. My favorite of the 3 I own is Expresso because it takes only 1 coat and I can wear it a week with barely any chipping. With Racey Rouge a second coat is optional, I would say, depending how deep you want the color to be, but not necessary. (UPDATE on Racey Rouge: it is actually kind of watery unlike the other shades & has a completely different formula! It also chips quickly, so despite my love for the usual Insta-Dri formula, I DO NOT recommend this particular shade!) Pink Blink being a lighter shade does require a second coat. Both of the last 2 I mentioned last a few days but not as long as Expresso. The only thing is, I wish they had a greater variety of shades and a more modern, creative twist on classic reds, pinks and corals. They tried to go with the trend and came up with some greens and yellows, but IMO those shades did not turn out pretty at all, they are edgy or "different" at best. If they had more cute and modern shades to choose from like Essie, for example, I would seriously buy most of my polishes from that line!

Popular Polishes