Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick Sugared Honey

Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick Sugared Honey

3.3

on 12/11/2010 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

sugared honey,is a dark beige/pink with shimmer. It goes well with olive skintone,it's a neutral lipstick that brings a little darkness,shimmer to the lips! That color unifies the color of the skin and the lips.it complements it.it is really pretty,shimmery,to do a natural look with some glow! I love it! Goes with: pink,beige nude,gold,smokey purple,smokey charcoal,eye shadows.

Threw out all my lipsticks and have chosen to use this forever....okay a bit of a magnification. But I do love it. It's a pretty rosy/nude/shimmer which adds a bit of colour for me and amplifies the look of fullness in my lips. I do not like strong colour but I like something I can put on and dab with my fingers and it just naturally enhances the poutiness of the lip. It's a bit dry but I love that. I'm not a goopy lip gloss gal, I just can't wear lipgloss (love the way it looks) but I can't wear it for more than 10 minutes. As far as staying power, very good.....I tested it out today, I retouched here and there but overall lasted very nicely, above my expectations.

I will be trying more colours!!! (self confessed lipstick junkie).

on 11/12/2009 7:51:00 PM

I tried this product by accident in a kissing booth (don't ask) and was not impressed. I had just come off trying an amazing lipstick and this just felt cheap to me. Kind of like a combination of vaseline and very fine sand. The color was also very sloshy and did not stay put for more than half an hour. I understand that at this price you can't expect much but I have tried other drugstore brands (Neutrogena for example) that have done the job in more than the most basic way.

on 11/12/2009 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Color: This is, to me, a mauvish neutral with silver frost. I like the color but I wish it wasn't quite so frosty. I will still wear it but I'm undecided on whether I would purchase again, as it still is a unique color to my collection. If you have cool undertones, and don't mind frost then I would recommend this color as a great neutral.

Features:
These smell like a mixture of honey and vanilla to me, or play-doh to my husband, either way I love the scent, it doesn't smell drying. The lipstick is so creamy and smooth but doesn't smudge outside your lip line, and is quite long-lasting for not being matte. Also very moisturizing, no feathering or settling into little lines in your lips. The finish to the ones with shimmer tend to be a little more sheer. Yeah, I've been collecting these like crazy and would recommend bogos! Also check out Maybelline's site for suggestions on colors for your skintone, so far it has been very useful for me.

I usually shy away from drugstore brands, but found myself looking for something cheap for an online order to get my free shipping:) I got two of these lippies as they were BOGO. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. No, they aren't the best in the world, but they are certainly worth the price and are totally wearable. Sugared Honey was probably the one I liked the least, although I will wear it. I didn't feel it was drying-it went on smoothly and felt light on the lips. For me, the color was a nice neutral, but is just a touch too frosty, but not so bad it can't be worn, I was amazed that it lasted through an Italian lunch..NO lipstick has done that for me....and I usually buy high end, The other color I bought was Nearly There, which is in the same family, but not so frosty. I have to say I'm suprised with the quality. It's been years since I've bought Maybelline, and evidently they've made some improvements, I didn't notice an odor, it felt light going on and wasn't cakey looking and lasted longer than most...recommended totally at the price.

The Color Sensational line of lipsticks is horrible. I don't know how anyone can rate this lip stick five stars. It is dry and sticky and the smell is awful. I've tried several different shades, and while the shades themselves were ok, the smell and the way the lipstick goes on is horrible. It's so dry, I felt like the lipstick was pulling some of the skin off of my lips as I was applying it. I'm wondering if the person who gave this such a great review got paid by Maybelline for this?

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm loving the new line of ColorSensational lipsticks from Maybelline! Lots of great shades, good coverage, attractive packaging and a great formula. I've bought at least 4 of these since they came out, and I think Sugared Honey is my favorite. I had been looking high and low for a good nude lipstick with little success as my coloring is a bit weird. I've got pale skin that's somewhere between neutral and cool in terms of undertones but my lips tend to amp up any warm orangey tones in lipsticks even if they're not visible in the tube. Which sucks as I look terrible in really warm lip shades. Most nude lipsticks go orange-beige on me and many are too pale to keep my skin from looking washed out. But then I found Sugared Honey! This color is a medium-light rosy beige with some frost. Perks my skin tone up and looks lovely with a variety of eye looks. Wears well (about 2.5 hours with drinking, less with eating), feels smooth and velvety on and smells pleasantly sweet. I hope this one's available for a long time to come as I can see myself using up multiple tubes of it!