Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Serum

Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Serum
Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle SerumAgeless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Serum

3.8

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dipropylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Adipic Acid/Diethylene Glycol/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Dimethicone PEG 10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Bisabolol, Squalane, Oat Kernel Extract (Avena Sativa), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Retinol, Tocopherol, BHT, Glycerin, Erythorbic Acid, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Chloride

on 12/7/2016 8:29:00 AM

This made it into my arsenal of "must have, holy grail" products earlier this year when I bought it in desperation. My skin has been horrible for about 10 years now, after only having mild acne as a teenager. I've tried creams, cleansers, scrubs, masks, spot treatments, even Proactive (which was a nightmare for my skin), on top of diet and lifestyle changes, and nothing was helping. Most things made the problem even worse and/or caused an allergic reaction.

Enter this gem. I was terrified when I first tried it, because I was so sure it was just going to be a lot of money (for a drugstore product, anyway) totally wasted. But no! My skin broke out horribly, but I was prepared for that. I'd read about how retinoids can make you break out a lot at first, but then things improve after a few weeks, so I stuck with it. I think I used this 2 times a week at first, then slowly worked up to using it every other night (or maybe it was 2 nights on, 2 nights off), and my acne started improving after about a month and a half.

I'm still using it a couple times a week, at night, but since I found out my acne was mostly being caused by gluten (the rest is probably hormonal) and cut it out, my skin started clearing up on its own. However, this seems to make any breakouts disappear much quicker than they used to, and the overall appearance and texture of my skin seems improved.

I purchased it mostly for the acne problems, but also as a preventative measure, since I'm approaching 30 and had been doing some research about skincare. I did some reading about when and how to start using retinol products, and mostly what I was seeing was a "late 20s, but don't use it too often" trend, so that's what I'm doing. I don't have many lines, but I do have one between my brows (I have bad vision, even with glasses), a few very faint ones beside my eyes, and one at the corner of my lips. I haven't noticed any difference in those, but they don't appear to be getting worse.

I read on some review site that this wasn't suitable for sensitive skin, and I can see that, but I disagree a little. I have really sensitive skin and I react to more than half the products I try. While this did cause some redness and irritation at first, it only got bad one time, and that was totally my fault. First, I forgot I'd used it the night before. Then, on top of using it twice so close together (during the first couple of weeks, before my skin was used to it at all) I also had a idiotic moment and rubbed it over my eyelids. DON'T DO THAT! I'm pretty sure the packaging actually states to not put it on your eyelids, and I know I knew better, but I was half asleep and didn't think about it until I woke up the next day with sore, puffy lids. The swelling and irritation went away after about 3 days, but I couldn't wear any makeup around my eyes for about a week because of that.

I would hesitate to recommend this if you have particularly dry skin. I can use it with no issues on the oilier parts of my face, but I don't use it on my cheeks very often because they're dry to normal anyway, and this does seem to make them much drier.

on 5/27/2016 12:33:00 PM

By far the best night time skin care I have used in a longgg time. Im in Australia at the moment and just got a bottle of the serum 3 days ago at Terry White's. Used it for 3 nights already and must say that I am completely and utterly in love with this product! I am prone to clogged pores and big headless zits esp nearing my period and the morning after the 1st application of this amazing serum has brought most of my cystic acne to a head and my skin is clearing up soo fast, it's unbelievable! This serum also leaves a very smooth and supple texture to my skin and my other skin care products seem to be absorbed better too. I have not reacted to this serum altho I have sensitive skin. Will continue to use it nightly and see if the miraculous results maintain or keep improving. Fingers crossed! P/s: using sunscreen during the day is a MUST when using any product containing retinol

To Read all 41 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This product gave me clogged pores! I'm clog prone and this exacerbates it. If you look at the ingredient list, cyclop is the second ingredient and a bunch of other silicones. Unfortunately, I seem to be sensitive to it. I know loads of foundation have silicone for slip but I wash it off at night, whereas this is a skincare so I don't wash it off. I don't feel like it sinks into my skin either. It sits on top of it. When I wash it off in the morning, I can feel the slip coming off.

on 11/18/2015 11:04:00 AM

As a licensed esthetician who tries everything, I recently purchased this ageless serum. I use it twice daily face ,neck around eyes and that's all I need. In the past I used prescription retina and after about a year my skin couldn't tolerate it and I wasn't happy because that's all I used on face neck and eye. My skin looked great. This serum is not greasy and the only smell is the product itself.smoother and softer skin and glowy. The bottle is pump and sanitary. Iam one who doesn't like five things layered on face, so this is perfect and all I need. Others may use moisturizers but my skin is oily. I've had no reactions and this product solved my problem. I use Neutrogena cleansers also and have no break outs or allergies. My skin hasn't looked so good.

on 10/29/2015 5:00:00 PM

This is my HG retinol product. I use it every night and it is the only one that I can use on the eye area. I switched to Neutrogena a few months back because I was looking for an alternative to my Cosmedix products. Retinol can be very expensive and I foolishly thought that the higher the price, the better the product. This performs better!!!

The serum is more liquid than serum. It comes in a hygenic pump bottle and costs between $20-$28 Australian dollars. The bottle is very small, but so are most retinol products. It says to pump out 1 drop, but I use two and this is plenty to cover my entire face. I like how this feels as it has plenty of slip, so it spreads really easily. I was quite tentative about using it around my eyes because I have had some terrible reactions when I have done this with other retinol products. However, this does not react and my eye area really seems to have benefitted. I don't use moisturiser around my eyes anymore, only this. You can check out my profile pic. I am 50 and my eye area is pretty good I think.

This is the only product I apply at night after cleansing. I would recommend a good sunscreen the next day, but that is a given if you use retinols. Love, love, love this product!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Good retinol product

on 6/26/2015 5:19:00 PM

Wow the last time I reviewed a product was years ago. But this product is definitely deserving of a review. I bought this just last week at a warehouse sale and have been using it daily since. I chose this serum over the cream because the cream contains parabens and I am trying to avoid those. I honestly believe this is my miracle in a bottle. I was so impressed that I went back before the sale ended and got 5 more bottles. I have tried so many products for my face (I was looking for anti-aging as well as something that fights acne) and honest to goodness this stuff is amazing. I have never seen anything that works as fast as this product does. It absorbs so easily! My skin has never looked this good in the last 7 or 8 years. It is so smooth and can barely see my pores with using this stuff for just a week! I did have some mild peeling and very mild irritation the first couple of days but that has all subsided now and I was glad because it means the product is working. I should mention that if you have very sensitive skin you should start very slowly and work your way up because this stuff is potent. My skin is not sensitive so I was able to use it twice daily from the get go. BOTTOM LINE: amazing amazing stuff (not only anti-aging but also anti-acne)

on 3/28/2015 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I rarely review products unless they are miracle workers or beyond horrible. For me this stuff is a miracle in a bottle. I've been using it on and off for about a year now. I have a very expressive face and because of this I started getting deep wrinkles along my forehead when I was fairly young (early 20's) With consistent use it makes my forehead lines nearly invisible. If you stop using the product all the good it has done goes away within a couple weeks, there's also a possibility that the dry winter air sped up that process for me. One bottle lasts me about 6-8 months. After my last bottle ran out I had stopped using it for about two months. By the time I repurchased I felt like Mother Gothel, despite the rest of my skincare routine without consistent use of this serum I just looked haggard.

on 3/22/2015 3:42:00 PM

I've been using this for a few years on and off. I've tried all types of skincare products but I always have this one on hand. It's as good or better as some serums that are much more expensive. I can see the difference in my skin in the morning when i use this at night. My skin is brighter, more even toned and softer. There is no miracle in a bottle out there that will remove your wrinkles. I'd rather save my money for botox and fillers when I need them.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't realize the good this product did until i ran out and quit using it! Once i ran out of this, i tried SO many other products and none compared to this, so i'm going back.
the main things i love about this are as follows:
sanitary pump: so you aren't dipping your fingers into a pot of product every day and it continues to collect germs and bacteria. it also doesn't dry out or change because of exposure to air.
absorbency: it soaks into the skin quickly and doesn't cause a greasy build-up. doesn't have any negative affect on primers or makeup you apply after.
benefits: over several weeks i noticed a decrease in minor and even major lines and wrinkles, discoloration, acne scars.. had no ill effects like break outs or irritation. i also noticed that my skin felt more hydrated.
compared to other products i've tried, this one seems to have maximum benefits with no greasy residue, break outs or irritation. after a few weeks of not using this product, i noticed a huge decline in the condition of my skin and no other product seemed to help. I went back to this product and i started looking better and feeling more confident within a couple weeks.
As a result of this little experiment, i am now a dedicated consumer and i will continue to purchase this serum as long as it is available to me.