MAC Cool Reserve

4.5

on 11/5/2010 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

One of the best nail polish colors I have ever owned. In the bottle it looks uninspiring, but on the nails it looks absolutely phenomenal. A gorgeous grey-ish lavender/mauve creme, it applies beautifully and withstands the shocking amounts of abuse I put my nails through. Minimal chip wear (on someone like me that speaks volumes, as I use my nails to open/peel everything in sight) and ZERO bubbling, MAC's NP formulas are amazing. As a self professed Chanel addict, I have completely sworn off that brand for the hues MAC offers. At half the price, twice the wear and with similar colors it just makes more sense. In some cases it seems Chanel has followed MAC's example (ie: Jade, released after Peppermint Patti)

All in all if you're a neutral loving gal like me, this polish will be right up your alley. I bought myself a backup bottle and am regretting not getting a third, as it only took me a couple months to go through my first. I'm actually considering shelling out for one of the ridiculously overpriced bottles available on eBay. Would be worth every single penny.

If you are searching for a dupe of this color, try Nubar's Twilight Kiss. I've bought mine of ebay. The only difference would be that the Nubar one has a very subtle golden shimmer in it, but I will only be noticable under intense daylight or strong lamps. But other than the shimmer the color is exactly the same. And I would say the texture of the Nubar one is way more easier to work with.

on 12/29/2009 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I had to write a review for this polish because I'm so sad - it just bursted in my luggage. That's right. I liked it so much I decided to bring it with me on a flight from California to Oklahoma. I really loved that polish. It was a great color that everyone always complimented me on, and it lasted a long time - about 5 days! C'est la vie!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I personally don't like this color. I thought it'd look like a nice pink for a French pedi/mani but apparently, it looks super pale on me and dull.

This is one of my favourite nail polish colours. I love the dirty grey lavender - it is much edgier than other neutral shades I own. It's a shame it is only a limited edition as I would definitely buy it again.

on 12/29/2009 9:52:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This color was in a limited edition set. I went to my MAC store and snagged up the last one they had. The first time I worn it, I never got so many compliment in my life. The color is a cool lavender! If MAC comes out with this color again I will be first in line. Try eBay ! ! !

Absolutely amazing! It remainds me of Metro Chic from OPI by Sephora. It is a unique color. The quality of this MAC nail polish is really nice. With two coats it was sufficient to cover nicely. The color is a gray/lavander dirty sort of color. It is lovely and unique. Worth checking out :)

on 9/18/2009 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, first off, MAC has GREATLY improved their nail polish formulation, maybe it's just this collection, but it is soooo much better than the disaster that was seasonal peach. If you don't have a colour like this already, I would totally recommend getting it!

Onto what I thought... this colour is dupable as others have said. I think I have a couple of colours like this one, misa fashionista, china glaze Сhannelesque, opi done out in deco. I know the colour is a little different comparing it, more greytoned than done out and darker. I still want to do my own comparison, do each finger a different colour and see for myself. I am still rating this polish highly because I do love this colour, and do not regret buying it, just saying, it's very similar to others. What I did find though, was after washing my hands a couple of times, on the second day wear, my nails started to look streaky, like some of the nail polish went away, so it is kinda watery if that makes sense.

Out of the 6 Nail Trend F/W 09 collection, this is my least favorite. Shade is very pretty but it can be duped.

on 9/25/2009 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I loved this nail polish! the color is so pretty and is very flattering on ever skin tone i have seen it on. I get my nails done so i dont normally buy my own polish but this one was an expecection.

Popular Polishes