Ion Color Brilliance - Demi Permanent Hair Color

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Ion Color Brilliance - Demi Permanent Hair Color

Price: $

Price: $

WATER ,CETEARYL ALCOHOL ,ETHANOLAMINE ,LAURETH-3 ,SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE ,TOLUENE-2,5-DIAMINE SULFATE ,OLETH-5 PHOSPHATE ,DIOLEYL PHOSPHATE ,SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE ,GLYCERYL STEARATE SE ,FRAGRANCE ,BEESWAX ,SODIUM SULFITE ,SODIUM SULFATE ,RESORCINOL ,2-METHYLRESORCINOL ,EDTA ,LIMNANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL ,ERYTHORBIC ACID ,P-AMINOPHENOL ,M-AMINOPHENOL ,SIMETHICONE ,4-AMINO-2-HYDROXYTOLUENE ,GLYCERIN ,ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE ,2-AMINO-3-HYDROXYPYRIDINE ,TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GLUTEN ,LINALOOL ,CITRONELLOL ,GERANIOL

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I'm amazed on how shiny and beautiful my hair looked after using this product. I have very curly hair (3C texture) and wanted to stay away from ammonia based products to keep my hair natural. In addition, ammonia can change the curl pattern of your hair so I didn't want to risk having the texture of my hair altered so I decided to use ION's Demi Permanent (medium golden brown). As I was applying the color it appeared as though it was going to be a true golden brown; almost yellowish, but as it sat in my hair up to 30 minutes it began turning very dark rather quickly. My normal hair color is dark brown and after rinsing the color out of my hair it came out JET BLACK. It darkened my hair tremendously, but I absolutely love it because it makes my curls look shinier and healthy. I never knew black hair would actually make my curls pop and my hair look healthy.

If you have any shade of brown hair and are looking to lighten your hair, you should use a blonde demi-permanent color because any brown demi-permanent color will make your hair darker; possibly black. If you view the ION website, the chart will also reflect this or you may call their toll-free number to speak with a specialist who can guide you in the right direction.

Overall, this is my brand of choice, however when I perform my touch ups in the future I'll use Dark Brown (3N Dark Natural Brown) or (4N Medium Natural Brown) to maintain the black color in my hair because if I were to continue using the Medium Golden Brown my hair will eventually get lighter and I don't want that. This was my first time coloring my own hair, but I followed the instructions inside of the box and everything when smoothly.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Ok, brought this for the non-damaging effects to my natural 4c hair, and headed the word to the wise and went 3 shades lighter than what I wanted. I did do a test strip on a side lock of hair with the 7NB and well, it wasn't blond at all. The color was a warm light brown, with coppery highlights. The copper may have been from the orange base from me lifting my hair to take the lighter color, but the tone was off. I would think that it would negate the orange to be more neutral, and I probably should have gone with the ash, but the color was too reddish to do the entire head. I was going for a taupe-brown, cool and light, not reddish.
We will have to see how it dries, but luckily, I can head to Sally's to get the ash in a level 9 and possibly end up with what I am looking for.

Popular Hair Color Products