Ion Color Brilliance - Demi Permanent Hair Color

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Ion Color Brilliance - Demi Permanent Hair Color

3.0

WATER ,CETEARYL ALCOHOL ,ETHANOLAMINE ,LAURETH-3 ,SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE ,TOLUENE-2,5-DIAMINE SULFATE ,OLETH-5 PHOSPHATE ,DIOLEYL PHOSPHATE ,SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE ,GLYCERYL STEARATE SE ,FRAGRANCE ,BEESWAX ,SODIUM SULFITE ,SODIUM SULFATE ,RESORCINOL ,2-METHYLRESORCINOL ,EDTA ,LIMNANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL ,ERYTHORBIC ACID ,P-AMINOPHENOL ,M-AMINOPHENOL ,SIMETHICONE ,4-AMINO-2-HYDROXYTOLUENE ,GLYCERIN ,ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE ,2-AMINO-3-HYDROXYPYRIDINE ,TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GLUTEN ,LINALOOL ,CITRONELLOL ,GERANIOL

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have black hair, previously dyed to a medium ash brown from a box about a year ago. I wanted to make my hair a dark chocolate brown, but I wanted to keep from using ammonia in my hair dye. The demi-permanent hair dye was ammonia free, so I purchased 2 boxes of medium natural brown and the Ion 8 oz. 30 volume developer. I mixed the dye and developer together, applied to my hair, let it sit about 20 minutes and then washed it out with warm water and conditioned by hair with the Ion Repair conditioner.

Nothing. My hair is still black, but the parts of my hair that were previously dyed are darker now, more brown. So I guess it still worked? So here's the main thing I've learned from this:

Do you research! I wish I researched mixing rations and called the 1-800 number on the box before I did this! I could have easily figured out if I needed to change the 1:2 ratio or get a different dye.

And for those of you wondering, here's the phone number: 1-800-859-3112

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I used the color 9NG on really light golden hair and my roots turned GRAY?! but my length was a decent color, still not close to swatch color. Will not be repurchasing.....Be Careful if you have really blonde hair....Use Porosity filler beforehand

on 9/11/2010 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this! Its very pigmented and doesn't dry out my hair at all. Its nice and shiny too. I used 10ng over blonde highlights. I love neutral golds. The color does not look cheap. Very unique gold without looking brassy. This color is pure gold-ness, and not red at all!! It does run about two shades dark. This is definitely more like a level 8. This color is comparable to Clairol Premium Soy line's 8gn. Both shades are a straight golden color and pull absolutely no red or green like Wella Color Charm 12ng did on me.

Update: I like my hair at a level 8, so I used 9ng in this demi since this line does run dark, and it came out so so dark! I can live with it though. My hair in now a level 6 reddish golden brown. Definitely more orangey-reddish than I would like. I'm afraid it wont fade because the color is so saturated and rich. Gorgeous color...Just too dark! I think next time I will use the 10ng mixed with half clear, so it won't be as dark. I just wanted to add in a hint of golden tones and gloss for the winter, but it came out way too reddish and dark with 9ng than I'd like it to be. I like to stay in the level 8 range, but went with 9ng because this demi runs dark. I would totally use this brand again in a lighter color. I have to experiment to see what other colors work better for me. This is a wonderful product, so long as I choose the color wisely!!! Atleast start with 3 shades lighter since its easier to go darker if you don't like it. Take babysteps with this to avoid an unwanted color for sure!
Update: It's been a week and with some tolerance and patience...The color did wash off a lot due to my hair being previously heavily highlighted. Whew! The level 9ng was too dark and now has gorgeous light gold tones. What a relief. My roots are still dark and my ends super light, but its better than the whole head dark! I'm not touching anything lower than a 10 in this line!
UPDATE! I mixed half 10ng and half 00 clear....Perfection! My hair is shiny and color looks fabulous. Its a nice neutral gold dark blonde with no red at all! I dye my hair with my holygrail Garnier Nutrisse Every three weeks and use Ion in between when my hair needs a pick me up about 1x a month. Love Love Love...Rich color deposit even with half and half. Love love love
UPDATE: I had not used this in a while, and I wanted more shine, so I picked up a tube. Well, my hair has been doing so well, but once using this...It's re-fried my ends!!! I was shocked. I will stick to my Garnier Nutrisse. I think this works best on healthy hair. Plus all the blonde colors are very orange for Summer. I don't mind it in Winter, but honestly....Not liking this much right now.

on 10/17/2009 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

LOVE IT!! Even though I didn't realize that I should have chose a shade a few shades lighter than what I did since it was demi, deposit only...I love the rich deep shade of 5N (Lt.Natural Brown) it left my hair soft, and very shiny. The color was a great compliment to my coloring and made my hazel green eyes "pop." I noticed subtle coppery colored highlights in the sun that are probably reminencent of my previous blonde highlights. I have received compliments from many of my friends and co workers about this haircolor. The only thing I substracted one lippy was that even though I bought the creme and not liquid, this dye was very thin and "runny." It splattered all over my sink and dripped everwhere. On the plus side is that it didn't stink the way Wella's Cashmere hair color did....It will be interesting to see if any of this color fades or runs...the wella color was at least two shades lighter (permanent) after a few hair washings with sulfur free & formulated for hair color treated treated shampoo- Hmm? Overall, I was very pleased with this ION product and will use it again.