Ion Color Brilliance - Demi Permanent Hair Color

Ion Color Brilliance - Demi Permanent Hair Color

WATER ,CETEARYL ALCOHOL ,ETHANOLAMINE ,LAURETH-3 ,SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE ,TOLUENE-2,5-DIAMINE SULFATE ,OLETH-5 PHOSPHATE ,DIOLEYL PHOSPHATE ,SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE ,GLYCERYL STEARATE SE ,FRAGRANCE ,BEESWAX ,SODIUM SULFITE ,SODIUM SULFATE ,RESORCINOL ,2-METHYLRESORCINOL ,EDTA ,LIMNANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL ,ERYTHORBIC ACID ,P-AMINOPHENOL ,M-AMINOPHENOL ,SIMETHICONE ,4-AMINO-2-HYDROXYTOLUENE ,GLYCERIN ,ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE ,2-AMINO-3-HYDROXYPYRIDINE ,TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GLUTEN ,LINALOOL ,CITRONELLOL ,GERANIOL

on 10/16/2018 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My hair did not come out at all.

on 6/4/2017 10:57:00 AM

Do not buy this product and expect to get the color from the swatch. I decided to go for 7WR, applying it over my very light brown hair, expecting to get an orange-auburn color. Instead, I got very close to black ! I will not use this product again as it is deceiving.

on 4/15/2014 7:37:00 AM

Did not like this at all! Did not cover my grey! Washed right out and left me with ash grey roots! Iam a natural darker blonde and used the 8n, left it on for 35-40 mins and when I wased it out I could still see grey right away! It didn't burn ,but it didn't accomplish anything either! I am going back to ion permanant color, I have used that for years, just thought this might be a bit gentler on my scalp!

on 3/7/2014 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This didn't work at all for me. I have naturally dark brown hair. Recently I bleached it a couple of times, and the last time it ended up bright orange/yellow. A little unevenly bleached, but overall very, very light. I thought this should be light enough to tone to a dark blonde (any tone but red). I purchased the Ion Demi in both 9 Ash and 7 Ash (There's no ash version in 8). I combined them 3/4 of 9 to 1/4 7 (the people at Ion said this would make an 8 Ash). This darkened my hair considerably and made it auburn color. I don't know why so many ashy colors are violet based. Violet has red in it, and will deepen the red. And blue is a very dark hue. Both will destroy gold. But I LIKE a little gold. I just don't like red! I'm so desperate to find something green based, that I'm almost willing to try something crazy like Manic Panic green, even though it's not meant to look natural. Otherwise I guess I have to bleach my hair to near white, before I can make it a light brown/dark blonde that's not auburn looking. There has to be a way.

on 8/25/2013 10:26:00 PM

This is the worst thing I've ever used on my hair...I chose Medium Natural Blonde, with the help of a clerk from Sally's...it not only turned my blonde hair a fairly dark brown, it left it flat, with no shine...it looked damaged, dull...the color extremely uneven...with the help of some coconut oil and my old standbye Wella 9N, I got my medium blonde color and shine back...and thankfully, minimal damage to my hair...I will never use Ion again!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Worst hair color I've ever tried. I have medium brown hair and I used the blue black dye. I tried dying my hair, following all directions and after 25 minutes, I rinse my hair and what so I find? NONE of the color took to my hair. Wtf. I'm beyond pissed but decide to try again because I want my black hair. I follow directions, however I'm forced to add more of the pigment (tube) than normal. Then I reapply and leave on for 10 minutes longer than suggested. Finally, after all this, my hair is black.
Two months later, I still have half left and it's time for another dye job. Guess what? THE SAME THING HAPPENS!!! I have to color my hair TWICE just to get black! I'm never ever using this product again. I regret ever straying from Wella Colorx charm. If you're looking for a semi permanent hair dye, go for Wella!!! Not this crap!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I used the color 9NG on really light golden hair and my roots turned GRAY?! but my length was a decent color, still not close to swatch color. Will not be repurchasing.....Be Careful if you have really blonde hair....Use Porosity filler beforehand

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I had lovely light blonde hair and like always I darken the color with a demi in the fall until spring or less damage to my hair in the dry winter. I used a medium blonde and my hair turned black! I used the right amount and it I let it in my hair for the right amount of time. I have used this brand before without issues but this is unacceptable.

on 5/18/2012 12:09:00 PM

WAY DARKER THAN EXPECTED! Ok, so against my better judgement, 3 months ago I touched up my permanently dyed dark brown hair using a combo of 5n and 3rv before reading the reviews on MUA. As previously mentioned, I came out with BLACK hair. I don't mind black hair, but the only problem was there was no reddish tint to it (which I think softens the look). I did a bleach cap to remove color, and after months of trims, protein treatments (thank you Aphogee), and professional demi tint jobs, I've decided to go this route again. I am going to be trying this again with a level 6 or 7 mixed with clear. I figure I'd rather be too light than too dark. I will update my review once I try this lighter process. *fingers crossed*
**UPDATE**
After trying this again in a level 8, I still ended up with black hair from root to tip, so I know it's not just from the damaged hair's porosity. This stuff runs way too dark for me. After letting this fade out (which took FOREVER), I used redken shades eq in 5cb, and the color is just what I wanted. I bought it online for about what I paid for the ion. I will not be buying ion again.

on 9/5/2011 1:46:00 PM

Tried the Ion Demi-Permanent Hair Color - Light Golden Brown. My hair is BLACK. I am so upset! Purchased at national beauty supply company and consulted with store owner. Never said this runs dark. We spent a long time looking at and discussing my hair. I was just looking for a product that was reliable at covering gray. This said it would leave levels. No, I am solid black. I have shampooed with everything I can find in the house to try to remove some of the color. I have colored myself for years and never run into this problem. I know I am going to have to go to a professional and spend a lot of money to fix this. Any ideas out there for quicker removal or lightening without turning orange or green? Thanks!

Popular Hair Color Products