Ion Color Brilliance - Demi Permanent Hair Color

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Ion Color Brilliance - Demi Permanent Hair Color

3.6

WATER ,CETEARYL ALCOHOL ,ETHANOLAMINE ,LAURETH-3 ,SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE ,TOLUENE-2,5-DIAMINE SULFATE ,OLETH-5 PHOSPHATE ,DIOLEYL PHOSPHATE ,SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE ,GLYCERYL STEARATE SE ,FRAGRANCE ,BEESWAX ,SODIUM SULFITE ,SODIUM SULFATE ,RESORCINOL ,2-METHYLRESORCINOL ,EDTA ,LIMNANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL ,ERYTHORBIC ACID ,P-AMINOPHENOL ,M-AMINOPHENOL ,SIMETHICONE ,4-AMINO-2-HYDROXYTOLUENE ,GLYCERIN ,ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE ,2-AMINO-3-HYDROXYPYRIDINE ,TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GLUTEN ,LINALOOL ,CITRONELLOL ,GERANIOL

on 8/25/2016 7:57:00 PM

I deleted previous favorable review because as I have continued to use it (pale ash blond) on my brassy incorrectly hairlighted hair (virgin hair level 6) I have seen that it actually LIGHTENED my virgin grow out hair one shade to made my virgin hair a brassy orange...I had no idea it could do this!! Horrible!! That sets me back in growing out my subdued natural haircolor for many more months. Am disappointed. However, on previously highlighted hair; yes, beware, it can darken a LOT, but, used with care and proper timing, it is a good product. Comments appreciated~. Thx. (PS: I used 10 volume developer only.)
...Spent time and thoughts studying WHAT was lightening my precious virgin ash blond hair and have discovered it may have NOT been any Ion demi, but John Frieda cool blond gloss...Have read it can/will lighten natural color..even one shade lighter on fine (level 6) hair can turn it ORANGE. Darn.

on 5/14/2015 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

For years I had been doing my hair with permanent color from the drugstore. Usually Garnier Nutrisse or Revlon Colorsilk. Since I got my hair cut short and its in such great shape, I decided to try a demi permanent color from Sallys. I was hoping this would cause less damage to my hair.
I had medium golden brown hair to start and I bought 7WR (Medium Warm Red Blonde) in Ion Color Brilliance Demi Permanent Color. I mixed it with Ion Sensitive Scalp Developer in a 1:2 ratio and let it sit on my hair 25 minutes. The results were dark brown hair with a touch of red. I deliberately chose two shades lighter than the color I wanted and it still came out too dark. The color isn't bad with my complexion but its not what I hoped to achieve. I wanted a medium reddish brown color. The good thing is this demi permanent color and will wash out in about a month's time.
There were a few good things about this product. It was easy to apply, very gentle on my hair,didn't burn my scalp and the color came out a very rich dark brown and shiny. Next time I will try a lighter color.

on 4/15/2014 7:37:00 AM

Did not like this at all! Did not cover my grey! Washed right out and left me with ash grey roots! Iam a natural darker blonde and used the 8n, left it on for 35-40 mins and when I wased it out I could still see grey right away! It didn't burn ,but it didn't accomplish anything either! I am going back to ion permanant color, I have used that for years, just thought this might be a bit gentler on my scalp!

First timer and I really like it. Was told to go a step lighter than my natural shade. While it looks great, next time will do some mixing and go a step and a half lighter. But very pleased with the color and results. Great gray coverage and I'm probably 50-60%. Hair has depth and shine. Initially when my scalp and face started to break out in blisters when professionally colored in the salon, my colorist insisted that my problem was the developer. But I'd done my research, and knew it was the PPD. I used Jazzing prior to this and despite using heat and leaving on for almost 90 min, it just barely took. This product is exactly what I was looking for- takes beautifully.

on 8/27/2013 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This color is very gentle to hair and very natural looking. You must go up two levels as results are dark. I use medium blonde natural to get a light brown on my dark brown hair with over 50% gray. I leave color on roots for 45 minutes, and 5 to 10 minutes on the lengths of my hair. I get perfect gray coverage. I like the fact that it fades so I don't get that stark contrast with gray/white roots. I color every 3 weeks for root coverage, so fading is not an issue. I use Ion Daily Repair Conditioner (which is fabulous) and my hair is in great shape.

on 7/4/2011 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Mixed ION demi 7A with Wella 6N. I've used Wella is in the past so I have to assume that the ION stained my scalp. It was odd and unnatural. 1:1 ratio which I use with demis still produced a darker shade. I only do roots so that's good in this case. I want to stay with demi shades that will produce a light brown and then add highlights whenever not very often. You need a Neutral shade to cover gray. I throw up my hands again.
UPDATE: Mixed 7N with Wella Demi 8A using 10% developer 1:1 ratio. Roots lightened a bit and the grey coverage was uneven. Noticed that on the day of coloring.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product left my hair in good condition and the smell was not unpleasant. However...I used medium neutral blond and the color came out about 3 SHADES DARKER than Clairol demi in the same shade. Be careful with this. I would recommend going 2 to 3 shades lighter than your desired level.