Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamCetaphil Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamMoisturizing CreamMoisturizing Cream

4.5

Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I am changing. During my poor, misspent youth, I scrimped and saved to buy beauty products I could ill afford. And my skin sucked. Now I have found products which are cheap and easily obtained. Now my skin glows.

I bought a tub from Costco for about $11.00. This will easily last 6 months. I use it morning and night on combination skin. My skin never looked better. I look moist, not oily, and my make up stays put.

I am not a fan of the packaging. I would rather have it in a pump or squeeze tube. I have found it in a 3 oz squeeze tube. But it was much higher in price. Instead I just make sure my hands are clean with each use. And I don't share my tub.

I can't say enough good things about this product. I am now on my 2nd tub and I will continue to use this for the foreseeable future. It's not fancy. It isn't packaged in a pretty jar. But it is the best moisturizer I have ever tried.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I've tried Cetaphil's Moisturizing Lotion and I did not find it to be anything special but this stuff is the bomb! As soon as you put it on it has this really smooth feel. A little goes a long way; you'll use no more than a dime size amount. I bought a 16oz jar of this stuff for $15 plus tax at my local Riteaid. I suggest to get the jar because you get a lot more bang for your buck than the tube which only has 3oz, but I can see people still buying it because of sanitary reasons or for traveling around with. I'd also like to mention that I have not broken out due to using this cream.I've tried it for a while now and I really love it. I recommend this to anyone looking for a moisturizer that moisturizers the skin without causing breakouts or leaving a greasy look or feel.

on 4/24/2011 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

This cream has been a lifesaver for me. I've suffered from eczema for nearly a decade and routinely went through tubs (literally, 16 oz. tubs!) of steriod ointment trying to control it. After a round of dermatologists and allergists, who did nothing for me except empty my wallet, I discovered that I am allergic to mineral oil and was causing my own eczematic reactions by using Keri, Eucerin, Nivea, and sundry lotions and creams containing mineral oil.

Now I use Cetaphil cream and lotion on my body exclusively. What a transformation my skin has undergone! I no longer itch and scratch daily, and most of the scars on my body have healed and faded. Cetaphil is unscented and does not contain mineral oil or parabens. It does, however, contain nut oils so you could react if you're allergic to nuts.

If you have normal to oily skin, then you will probably find this cream too heavy for you. But if you have dry to severely dry skin like I do, then this product is a godsend.

I use this on my eyes daily and on my face at night or when I don't wear makeup. It's too heavy for me under makeup because I have oily skin on my T-zone and am prone to breakouts. I even use it to remove makeup.

I buy this in 20 oz. tubs at Costco whenever they run coupons on it. I don't know what I'd do without this excellent moisturizer.

on 3/29/2011 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So far this seems to be the closest thing to a HG face moisturizer. I first started using it when I had acne, it was recommended by my dermatologist since my skin was also sensitive and this product is non-comedogenic (aka won't clog pores).

It never seems to fail me, my only gripe is I don't like the idea of my moisturizer having chemicals--(although the ones in this one are far better than most--so until I find an organic moisturizer this is the moisturizer I'll continue to buy!

One tub lasts me a couple months at least, so it's well worth the price. And for reference, other moisturizers I've used are Aveeno, Olay (the classic SPF one and regenerist night cream), extra virgin coconut oil, and pure jojoba oil.

on 11/18/2010 11:48:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I have this product in the tube and not the jar. It took my face a couple of days to get used to this at first. I really like how fast it absorbs and makes my face feel soft. I had always heard this was good product to try, now I am a believer! Finally a great face moisturizer!

on 11/2/2010 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Love this stuff. Great for sensitive skin. Works well and doesn't leave you ashy later!

on 8/3/2010 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This product is the best thing jumping since peanut butter and jelly. I started using this product back in 2002 faithfully up until 2009. In 2008 I was dippin in Ambi which worked pretty good for a couple of months and then I started to fell those dry patches around my mouth area. I went and bought Aveeno, it worked ok for about 4 or 5 weeks. I then tried the Aveeno Oil Lotion and that dried my face even more. Went back to WalMart and bought my jar of Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream and my face looks well hydrated. Love the price and the packaging...I get a whole lot for $11. I'm not switching anymore...as the old folks would say: If it ain't broke don't fix it!

on 3/24/2010 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Edited: My review below is for the Walgreen's knock-off of this product. Since then, my local Walgreen's stopped carrying their version, so I switched to Cetaphil. The only noticable difference is the price. Same wonderful results. This moisturizer is the best I have ever used. Saying that, I do still keep an eye out for the "W" brand, since it's comparable in performance.

I went into Walgreen's looking to by Cetaphil cream after reading rave reviews. The lotion was in stock but not the cream, so I bought the Walgreen's "W" brand instead for around $10 for 16 oz. My first time using it was on my face. The scent is...well, there isn't one that I can tell. So far, so good. The texture was very pleasing to my hands--fluffy, light and creamy. But once I applied it to my face, I think I heard a chorus of angels! The application alone was very nice as the cream went on smoothly and evenly. It isn't extremely heavy, but not that light, either, which is fine for me because my skin leans to the drier side of normal, and I have noticed that other moisturizers I have tried that go on lightly leave my skin thirsty after a while. I went on to use it on my body skin and all I could say was, "Wow"! My skin felt so dewy, plump, firm and baby-soft all day long. After about two weeks, my DH said to me that he noticed that I was looking really good lately and asked if I had been doing something different. I asked him what did he specifically notice and he said that I looked younger, that my face had a "glow" and that my skin felt softer lately. Well, now! My search for the HG moisturizer is over.

on 12/27/2009 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

This is some of the best body moisturizer that I have ever used. No problems with this line except that the gentle skin cleanser sucks!! It leaves my face so greasy with tons of blackheads, even when I used my Clarisonic.

on 11/5/2009 1:44:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I like Cetaphil, and I've had many dermatologists recommend it to me in the past. I have really dry skin (eczema - under control) combined with persistent acne problems. I have to use a moisturizer every day, but I stopped using this a while ago because I found Cera Ve (not sure if it's one word or two..). Anyway lately this is what dermatologists have been recommending to me and it is amazing! If you think Cetaphil is good you should try Cera Ve for even better results. It moisturizes my skin really well but doesn't leave an oilyness that can make my acne worse. It does cost more - the price varies but it's usually around $13. Worth it though.