Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamCetaphil Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamMoisturizing CreamMoisturizing Cream

3.9

Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide

on 10/29/2018 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a fantastic cream. I've only been using this for a month but after hearing rave reviews for years, I decided to give my usual Nivea creme a break and give this one a shot. Right off the bat, this is an amazing makeup primer. Nivea is so greasy, I don't dare use it during the day. I have combo-dry skin in the winter and I am definitely acne prone - so far, no breakouts.

This product has no scent, which is a definite plus, and it sinks right in. At night I mix this with a few drops of argan oil and wake up to baby soft, supple skin.

I am also a free lance makeup artist and this is my staple for prepping the skin, clients love it too! Costco has gigantic 20oz sizes of this, when you see it on sale, I suggest you snag it!

I will probably not go back to Nivea anytime soon and give this one a good run as this is just what my skin needs in the late fall/winter months here in the harsh Canadian climate. I say to anyone out there on the fence about this product, give it a go. Worst case? If it doesn't work out as a face cream for you, it's a heavenly body cream. I just wish they still sold this cream in the tube. Other than that, definite re-purchase. Use this in conjunction with the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, it's a dream come true for dehydrated, dry and sensitive skin. :)

on 10/22/2018 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is simply put the best body moisturizer on the market that I've found in all my years. And I'm even happier with it now that they got rid of parabens. Though I will say, as they don't seem to have added any other preservatives (and this jar clearly seems to need something, since the product has plenty of exposure to air and potential germs in this packaging) and they don't claim to be paraben-free, part of me wonders if it really is paraben-free / what gives now that they're gone.

In any case, I started using this after it was recommended to me by a dermatologist for dry skin issues, and since then, I've consistently gotten tons of comments on how soft my skin is. In fact, all of my family and ex boyfriends and many of their family members now use this too, as this simply works better than any other and WITHOUT CLOGGING PORES or causing body acne/bumps. It's also fragrance free. I really cannot highly recommend enough for BODY use. For face use, it does seem to break me out, so I sometimes use around the eyes but that's it. The only thing that would make this better is if it were lower on EWG's scale (gets a 3-4 due to ingredients like Benzyl Alcohol), but I'm not going to deduct a lippie for that, as that isn't terrible and there really isn't anything else lower on the scale that I have ever found that I think is better as far as moisturization without body acne.

TIP: As with any moisturizer, ALWAYS use on slightly damp skin to lock in moisture. You miss half the benefit of rich moisturizers like this if you don't do that. I always use right after my shower, after toweling off very lightly.

Note on old vs new formula: Partly because of this product's EWG rating, I've been trying to go more natural and use various oils (jojoba, or sunflower mixed with a bit of squalane) more often and only use this once or twice a week these days (may use more in winter), so for now I can't say I've noticed a significant difference between the old formula and new. I think I noticed a bit of a difference on first impression, but not enough to even remember now - and I'll take the difference if it really does mean no parabens, which would have caused me to give up on this great product altogether. I do think maybe the old formula might have been better in terms of not clogging facial pores, but I can't say for sure. This one does say "Body" only on the front, while the old one said "Face and Body." Once I start using more often in cooler weather, if I feel like it works differently than it used to, I will update my review.

on 9/10/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I originally picked this up because it has no fragrance, it's dermatologist recommended, and my friend's roommate has used the cleanser for ages. The cleanser seemed to give me whiteheads a few years ago, but my skin has changed to be much drier these days.

I'm really happy with the lotion. It's great for moisturizing legs after shaving or as a hand cream. I meant to use it on my face, but I haven't done so in quite a while.

on 10/18/2016 12:44:00 AM

This is awesome product. It helps my skin stay moisturized and smooth. I have super dry and sensitive skin and this cream works just perfect for me. The price is reasonable for the amount you get. I use this right after my daily shower and it calms all the redness, itchy and irritating part on my skin make then go away. I got the cream and light lotion one and I like cream version much better.

on 5/28/2016 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This cream is extremely moisturizing. I apply it to my hands every night before bed and and when I wake up they're extremely soft and not dry at all. However, it comes is a tub, it is not very hygienic because I have to dip my hands inside the tub every time I use it. It is really thick, so it takes only a pea sized amount for my hands, so it will last quite a long time. It is not expensive and has no fragrance. However, it takes longer than usual to soak into the skin.

on 4/22/2016 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

my go-to moisturiser! Cetaphil is a great brand and continuously produces great products! I use this after i wash my face and it soaks in leaving my skin soft, does not make me extra oily and a small amount (pea sized) will cover my whole face and nourish my dry nose and lip area. Lasts forever! I use this before a foundation and it hydrates my skin wonderfully ! recommended to anyone who wants a light textured moisturiser.

on 11/6/2015 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm not quite sure how this is considered a face moisturizer since the consistency is super thick. Maybe it will work on people who suffer from super dry skin , but for me who has oily skin it didn't do anything but make my oily skin even more oily and you can still within seconds of putting it on your face will just shine & I tried this moisturizer with my foundation/make up routine and let me tell you my make up slid right off my face didn't even last for two hours with this moisturizer on. I would not recommended moisturizer for oil skin or even combination/oily

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Clogged my pores and irritated my skin

on 6/17/2015 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I started using this cream in... About November. I was really loving it, I normally have oily skin.
I think oily skin does well with moisturizers that have glycerin since it brings moisture to the surface of the skin.
My skin felt smooth, hydrated and didn't feel tight like when I used olive oil. It's a nice cream, no added fragrance and I had no issue with breakouts but then again I haven't really had an issue with that.

Fast forward to now, I've been using a prescription tretinoin cream and my skin has been peeling quite a bit.
I feel this has helped to make me flake less but i don't feel as though it does as good a job as other moisturizers.
I noticed my face would still feel tight after I put this on.
I started reusing my Nadinola cream which actually makes me feel moisturized but it's a fade cream so now I'm looking for a new moisturizer till this flaking subsides.

Other than that it's a great cream if you're dry, normal or oily.
It's just now my skin is REALLY dry and I need something more heavy duty.
You get A LOT of product, I use this jar on my body too and it's great, I'm probably almost half way through the jar.
It's quite inexpensive compared to how much you get.
Is definitely recommend it and use it on clients and they love this cream

on 2/1/2015 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I bought this cream to help treat some eczema on my face as well as act as an overall facial moisturizer. Though it appears thick and emollient, this cream did nothing to help my eczema. I feel like this cream just sits on my skin (making it sticky) and doesn't actually sink in to moisturize. If I try to rub it in more it just balls up. I kept trying it because Cetaphil is supposedly recommended by so many derms but I finally gave up after so many eczema flares with absolutely no help from this cream. I now use Aveeno eczema lotion (just on eczema spots) and am still search for my HG facial moisturizer.