Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamCetaphil Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamMoisturizing CreamMoisturizing Cream

4.4

Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide

on 10/7/2018 1:33:00 PM

I've been on the lookout for no-frills creams in recent years.

I like it that Cetaphil moisturizing cream has no scent. It is a thick cream but which absorbs well.

The following compares Cetaphil moisturising cream to some similar ones I've tried.

* Cetaphil moistursing cream has a thicker consistency compared to Cetaphil lotion.
Both do not have a scent. However, the cream somehow absorbs better for me.

* Cetaphil moistursing cream has a thicker consistency compared to Physiogel cream.
Both do not have a scent. Physiogel works better on dry patches on the body (for my dog) and keeps them away. I don't have dry patches, so both work just as well for me.

* Cetaphil moistursing cream has a thicker consistency compared to Physiogel AL cream.
Both do not have a scent. Physiogel AL cream was my lifesaver when I developed a nasty red, swollen painful rash from the use of a pimple cream some years ago. Nothing else was able to soothe the nasty red, swollen, painful rash then. I think there is something in Physiogel AL that helped to soothe my rash. My only quip with Physiogel AL is that it leaves a slight waxy film on the skin. In contrast, Cetaphil moistursing cream is not waxy.

* Cetaphil moisturising cream is not waxy than Nivea creme (Germany version) and absorbs better.
Nivea has a floral scent compared to the scentless Cetaphil. For the level of moisture, Nivea creme provides a tad more.

* Cetaphil moisturising cream has the same consistency as The Ordinary Natural moisturising factors.
Both do not have a scent, and absorbs equally well. I like The Ordinary better as it is paraben free.

In summary, I like Cetaphil moisturising cream as it is packaged for use on both face and body.
It does not have a scent and works well as a basic moisturiser. I've had no adverse reactions from using it on both face and body.
The main drawback for me is the presence of parabens in it.
Lovely if it could be reformulated without parabens.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This sh!t is bomb. I have oily, acne prone skin that is sensitive to parabens, fragrances, etc. This moisturizing cream is a lovely thick buttery texture and you only need a dime-sized bit to cover your entire face and neck. So this giant TUB will last like 3 years. (I bought the knock off store brand which has the exact same ingredients as the original) For like $7.

It does not irritate my skin or clog my pores. It hasn't caused a break out or any itchiness/irritation. It is very moisturizing and smells nice as well. The *only* thing I don't like about this is the dry/set time it takes on your skin. It feels greasy/sticky for like 2 hours and it's kind of annoying. Especially if you want to lay down and your pillow case/blankets keep sticking to your face lol.

This cream is also good on the body, I use it on my legs and hands in the colder months to prevent dryness.

Pros: Available almost anywhere!!
Cons: Very weak.

I might buy again if on the road and desparate but I would much rather use something more effective like an olay product. Definitely doesn't work as good as others I have tried but it is an ok product.

I live in Taiwan, where it is extremely humid so my skin is almost never dry. I have combination skin with a very oily T-zone. I don't have sensitive skin and experience no skin issues apart from some black heads on my nose which I have to remove weekly. At 27, I have been using anti-aging products in an attempt to reduce lines, specifically smile lines. With that said, I really don't like the idea of blowing a ton of money on creams, especially when I know results are limited unless I receive botox. So I picked this up at Costco, and I have to say that I quite like it.

It's not as greasy as I imagined it would be, like Vaseline, but sinks in quite nicely. I dig into the pot and use a huge blob during the night, but only use a smear during the day. In regards to the greasiness, I once interviewed an Asian socialite for work and she mentioned that her secret to having great, radiant skin was to keep it as moisturized as possible. She said to not be be afraid of having oily skin and simply find the oiliest, greasiest face product to slather on at night. Since then, I have adopted the same method and it has worked well for me. With that said, I'm not sure if that would work with acne-prone skin.

I have had SUPERB dry skin and nothing would work but this, it is the best thing ever and it irritates me that people with oily skin are using it WHEN IT CLEARLY SAYS ITS FOR VERY DRY SKIN! Seriously this is my holy grail, I think people with oily skin dont NEED a CREAM moisturizer because it's way to much for oily skin. For dry skin though: IT IS SO PERFECT! A must for anyone who has very very dry skin.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This moisturizer does nothing to my face except making it super oily. The oiliness appears within seconds I apply the cream, and I just can't stand it. Too bad this product is not for combination or oily skin.

FOR STARTERS,I'M USING THE ONE IN THE TUBE,*NOT* JAR one,jar packagings are a waste of money!

The tube one is 100g.I've started using this like a few weeks ago after my old moisturizer just didn't cut out anymore.I would apply the light eucerin moisturizing cream and my face STILL FELT DRY (I found out the eucerin one has fragrance,so much for "sensitive skin").But this instantly soothed the dryness i felt and smoothed out the flaky patches on my skin(cheek) (due to eczema).It's very nice,it's affordable.I have combination/sensitive/dry skin.A bit oily on the t zone and tend to get dry on the cheeks.I also have sensitive skin which is like the root of all my problems! It's really thick,but it doesn't break me out.Just don't use too much! Just a bit bigger than a pea-sized should cover your entire face! I start with my cheeks since they're the driest then my chin and continue on to my forehead and nose.I then go down my neck to moisturize it too.

PS-It actually made my face feel LESS OILY when i wake up.Since I usually wake up with my face so greasy and yuck xD.It's really nice.Just don't go overboard!.It's fragrance free and doesn't irritate my skin.Every morning,I splash my face with cold water,pat it dry,then apply this.I apply sunscreen on top of it.It does feel a bit greasy but maybe that's because of the sunscreen.The sunscreen has a matte finish afterwards.I also make sure to never touch my face!
PSS-This has benzyl alcohol,but it probably won't break you out or cause dryness since a little won't harm~

Overall nice moisturizer.Won't irritate or break you out! Just make sure to grab the one in the tube and not the tub!

UPDATE:This is just perfect on normal/dry skin.I don't think it's that suitable for super oily skin types but it's perfect for my skin.A great,no-frills moisturizer!

God bless xoxo

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

A great moisturizer to use, if you are on a prescription acne medication and your skin becomes very dry. Or, if you have very dry skin in general.

I would only recommend that this cream be used by others who are using prescription topical acne medication, or those who have dry, and/or sensitive skin. If you do not have such, then I would be very cautious about using this cream on your face at all. As, it definitely may clog your pores badly and cause breakouts.

I do not wear this under makeup. As, I have found it not to be makeup compatible at all (at least for me). This product will most probably be one that I will not be purchasing again, only because I'd would rather stick with Cetaphil's moisturizing lotion than this one, because it at least doesn't mainly just sit on top of the skin on my face and end up leaving my face really greasy to the touch at the end of the day like the moisturizing cream always does.

on 12/1/2014 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have a very dry sensitive skin due to tretinoin .1% and duac gel (clinda +benzoyl). This cream leaves my skin so oily, greasy and moisturized looking on the outside but when i pat my skin with a tissue after an hour, i am left with a taut, painful and dry feeling of the skin. The point is this cream only moisturizes on the outside but still leaves the inside of your skin dry. This also contains alcohol.

I have switched to physiogel cream because it's alcohol-free and it contains ceramides. Been using it for months now and it has been great.

on 11/2/2014 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

love love love this cream! does the job and gentle enough for sensitive skin like mine.