Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamCetaphil Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamMoisturizing CreamMoisturizing Cream

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide

on 12/9/2018 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Zero complaints - I've used this moisturiser for a good five years now (changed from the Kiehl's one!) Keeps my sensitive/dry skin nice and soft. Love how it's not scented. Sinks into my skin and works well as a primer for any make up that I apply.

I get it in the tube so I'm not having to dip my fingers into the tub. Pretty much my HG moisturiser!

on 11/28/2018 7:52:00 PM

King of all moisturizers. The best moisturizer. I like Aveeno products too but since using this I now stopped. I look amazing. I don’t need makeup at all. I won’t even look at another moisturizer. I believe the Clinique cream in a tub not lotion that’s yellow is very similar to this but this is still the king. Has four important parts of a moisturizer. I pretty much look like a goddess now.

Update: itchy skin!!! I’ll stick to Aveeno or Clinique. It was nice for a few days, back to my baby Aveeno. I just put it on and now I can go back to looking good again, my bf said I don’t look red anymore lol. I should have never strayed from Aveeno or Clinique bc they are the products that got rid of my psoriasis and eczema. Vanicream is good too but Aveeno and Clinique are still my faves.

I’ve made a review video about the Cetaphil moisturizing cream because it looks like a basic face moisturizer and it honestly is so simple (packaging, ingredients, no fragrance) that I thought, I had to give it a go. Sometimes the simple products are the best products to use. I tested the moisturizer on myself and on my husband (because he has sensitive skin) for some time to have an opinion about it and to create this video for you.

I hope that this video will help you to make the decision, if you should buy it or not.

on 10/22/2018 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is simply put the best body moisturizer on the market that I've found in all my years. And I'm even happier with it now that they got rid of parabens. Though I will say, as they don't seem to have added any other preservatives (and this jar clearly seems to need something, since the product has plenty of exposure to air and potential germs in this packaging) and they don't claim to be paraben-free, part of me wonders if it really is paraben-free / what gives now that they're gone.

In any case, I started using this after it was recommended to me by a dermatologist for dry skin issues, and since then, I've consistently gotten tons of comments on how soft my skin is. In fact, all of my family and ex boyfriends and many of their family members now use this too, as this simply works better than any other and WITHOUT CLOGGING PORES or causing body acne/bumps. It's also fragrance free. I really cannot highly recommend enough for BODY use. For face use, it does seem to break me out, so I sometimes use around the eyes but that's it. The only thing that would make this better is if it were lower on EWG's scale (gets a 3-4 due to ingredients like Benzyl Alcohol), but I'm not going to deduct a lippie for that, as that isn't terrible and there really isn't anything else lower on the scale that I have ever found that I think is better as far as moisturization without body acne.

TIP: As with any moisturizer, ALWAYS use on slightly damp skin to lock in moisture. You miss half the benefit of rich moisturizers like this if you don't do that. I always use right after my shower, after toweling off very lightly.

Note on old vs new formula: Partly because of this product's EWG rating, I've been trying to go more natural and use various oils (jojoba, or sunflower mixed with a bit of squalane) more often and only use this once or twice a week these days (may use more in winter), so for now I can't say I've noticed a significant difference between the old formula and new. I think I noticed a bit of a difference on first impression, but not enough to even remember now - and I'll take the difference if it really does mean no parabens, which would have caused me to give up on this great product altogether. I do think maybe the old formula might have been better in terms of not clogging facial pores, but I can't say for sure. This one does say "Body" only on the front, while the old one said "Face and Body." Once I start using more often in cooler weather, if I feel like it works differently than it used to, I will update my review.

on 9/10/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I originally picked this up because it has no fragrance, it's dermatologist recommended, and my friend's roommate has used the cleanser for ages. The cleanser seemed to give me whiteheads a few years ago, but my skin has changed to be much drier these days.

I'm really happy with the lotion. It's great for moisturizing legs after shaving or as a hand cream. I meant to use it on my face, but I haven't done so in quite a while.

on 3/29/2018 10:06:00 AM

It's not clear if it's unethical to give products negative reviews if I'm allergic to them... but here I am doing it anyway. Reacted poorly to this. I'm going to guess it's whatever almond deal is in it, or the c. alcohol.

on 1/24/2018 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've bought this a couple of times in the travel size... well for travelling (duh, sorry) and have only used it for a few days to a week at the most. It was fine then, and it moisturized nicely. But when I used it at nighttime, I woke up suuuuuuuuuuuper oily, without that tight feeling though. Well recently, I decided to use it because I ran out of my moisturizer (cosrx honey ceramide something) and I used it for almost two weeks. It broke me out. I'm still using it as hand cream though. I wish I knew which ingredient exactly was the one causing my breakouts. Anyway, I won't be repurchasing.

on 12/18/2017 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I use this product on my hands before bedtime, and it really keeps them moisturized overnight. It does soak in well and protects from drying out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

A lot of people are using this as a facial moisturizer and then complaining that it breaks them out. This product is NOT a facial moisturizer! Cetaphil has a number of moisturizers meant to be used on your face, this is not one of them. That being said, it is a pretty decent body moisturizer. I still experience some stinging/burning if I put this on after I shave but it doesn't irritate me otherwise. I like that it's unscented so I can wear it with any perfume I want. It is a bit on the expensive side but this isn't the only body moisturizer I use so I don't need to buy it that often. If you have sensitive skin I would give this a try.

on 9/13/2017 11:26:00 PM

I tried Cetaphil years ago and hated it, it made my skin feel sticky and after a few days raw and irritated.
Dermatologists brainwashed me and I tried it again recently, UGH.. I can't find anything good to say about it.
Okay, it doesn't make me break out, that's it. It still gives me a slight rash, it didn't feel like it did anything.

I looked up the ingredients. it's Toxic Swill, the only good ingredient in it, seriously, is water.
: Water, cetyl alcohol, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearyl alcohol, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben.