Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamCetaphil Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamMoisturizing CreamMoisturizing Cream

Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide

on 10/29/2018 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a fantastic cream. I've only been using this for a month but after hearing rave reviews for years, I decided to give my usual Nivea creme a break and give this one a shot. Right off the bat, this is an amazing makeup primer. Nivea is so greasy, I don't dare use it during the day. I have combo-dry skin in the winter and I am definitely acne prone - so far, no breakouts.

This product has no scent, which is a definite plus, and it sinks right in. At night I mix this with a few drops of argan oil and wake up to baby soft, supple skin.

I am also a free lance makeup artist and this is my staple for prepping the skin, clients love it too! Costco has gigantic 20oz sizes of this, when you see it on sale, I suggest you snag it!

I will probably not go back to Nivea anytime soon and give this one a good run as this is just what my skin needs in the late fall/winter months here in the harsh Canadian climate. I say to anyone out there on the fence about this product, give it a go. Worst case? If it doesn't work out as a face cream for you, it's a heavenly body cream. I just wish they still sold this cream in the tube. Other than that, definite re-purchase. Use this in conjunction with the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, it's a dream come true for dehydrated, dry and sensitive skin. :)

on 1/24/2018 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've bought this a couple of times in the travel size... well for travelling (duh, sorry) and have only used it for a few days to a week at the most. It was fine then, and it moisturized nicely. But when I used it at nighttime, I woke up suuuuuuuuuuuper oily, without that tight feeling though. Well recently, I decided to use it because I ran out of my moisturizer (cosrx honey ceramide something) and I used it for almost two weeks. It broke me out. I'm still using it as hand cream though. I wish I knew which ingredient exactly was the one causing my breakouts. Anyway, I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This cream ended up drying me out and causing breakouts as well. It didn't absorb, just sat in a greasy layer on top of my dry skin providing no moisture whatsoever. Wouldn't recommend.

on 12/7/2015 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

For reference, I have very dry skin and was suffering from a lot of flakiness and gereral dryness before I bought this. I had tried a couple of different facial moisturizers targeted for normal and dry skin, and nothing was keeping my skin moisturized throughout the day, even when I was using a thicker night time moisturizer. When I started using this, my dryness was instantly improved.

Since purchasing this, I have gotten more into skincare- but I still use this religiously and it is one of the few drugstore skincare items I have. I have replaced more of my routine, but this does the job so well I feel no need to replace it.

I use this mainly as a night time moisturizer. Once I cleanse and add whatever serums I need, I'll put a thick layer on my face and go to bed. When I wake up, my skin is soft, smooth, and totally hydrated. It does take a long time to sink in, which is why I use it mainly at night. If I've been having breakouts and I'm using drying treatments, I'll put a very thin layer on in the morning before makeup to prevent dryness and flaking throughout the day. A little goes a long way with this, and I think a lot of those who don't like this either have oily skin (which I would not recommend) or are using WAY too much.

I took off one lippie because of the packaging. I have the huge tub of it and I find sticking my fingers in to get product isn't very sanitary. Also, it's not a miracle worker. It's an effective moisturizer at a good price but it doesn't do anything beyond that.

on 8/15/2015 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

used when my skin was dry- worked great but ended up being *too* moisturizing. my forehead and cheeks broke out with a bunch of closed comedones. :( luckily, chemical exfoliation sorted out the bumps pretty quick for me. so beware, this product is quite comedogenic. i bet this would work amazingly for someone with super super bone dry skin, but unfortunately, my dry-borderline-normal skin couldn't handle all this moisture.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Totally loved this moisturizer. Not offensively scented or excessively heavy. I have really finicky skin, dry and prone to breakouts, and Cetaphil worked WAY better for me than CeraVe. My skin felt soft and moisturized, but not shiny and greasy. I wish the packaging wasn't such that I had to continuously stick my hands in it, though.

on 4/3/2015 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I buy this by the tube and not the tub. A simple yet effective moisturizer. Perfect for my oily but sometimes dry skin. I love it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really enjoy Cetaphil products, especially this one. My mom, my sister, my grandmother and I all use this cream. I use this all over my body after I shower (not on my face though) and it does a great job of locking in moisture. It's fragrance free and easy to massage into my skin. It's the perfect consistency, not too thick, not too thin. All around a great cream for all skin types.

on 10/19/2014 11:55:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This was a decent moisturizer but I wouldn't buy it again. It was greasy and thick and my skin became red and oily after I put it on. Also the tub that it came in is extremely unhygienic since everyone in my family who used it would always put their fingers in to scoop some out and random particles would find their way into the container. This moisturizer didn't cause breakouts which is a plus point since I have acne-prone skin. Even though I didn't like it, this moisturizer worked really well on my mothers dry skin and she liked it.

on 8/24/2014 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't think I will ever stop buying this moisturizing cream. My doctor was who recommended this to me because of my dry, acne prone skin. I use this cream on my face only but you could use it all over the body. This is a cream so it is heavier in consistency. It is not greasy at all what so ever. Is soaks nicely into my skin. This cream has no fragrance in it and also has no sun screen. Although Cetaphil does make a daily facial lotion with SPF. I use the cream under my makeup and after my showers. It's just amazing!