Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamCetaphil Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamMoisturizing CreamMoisturizing Cream

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide

I’ve made a review video about the Cetaphil moisturizing cream because it looks like a basic face moisturizer and it honestly is so simple (packaging, ingredients, no fragrance) that I thought, I had to give it a go. Sometimes the simple products are the best products to use. I tested the moisturizer on myself and on my husband (because he has sensitive skin) for some time to have an opinion about it and to create this video for you.

I hope that this video will help you to make the decision, if you should buy it or not.

on 10/7/2018 1:33:00 PM

I've been on the lookout for no-frills creams in recent years.

I like it that Cetaphil moisturizing cream has no scent. It is a thick cream but which absorbs well.

The following compares Cetaphil moisturising cream to some similar ones I've tried.

* Cetaphil moistursing cream has a thicker consistency compared to Cetaphil lotion.
Both do not have a scent. However, the cream somehow absorbs better for me.

* Cetaphil moistursing cream has a thicker consistency compared to Physiogel cream.
Both do not have a scent. Physiogel works better on dry patches on the body (for my dog) and keeps them away. I don't have dry patches, so both work just as well for me.

* Cetaphil moistursing cream has a thicker consistency compared to Physiogel AL cream.
Both do not have a scent. Physiogel AL cream was my lifesaver when I developed a nasty red, swollen painful rash from the use of a pimple cream some years ago. Nothing else was able to soothe the nasty red, swollen, painful rash then. I think there is something in Physiogel AL that helped to soothe my rash. My only quip with Physiogel AL is that it leaves a slight waxy film on the skin. In contrast, Cetaphil moistursing cream is not waxy.

* Cetaphil moisturising cream is not waxy than Nivea creme (Germany version) and absorbs better.
Nivea has a floral scent compared to the scentless Cetaphil. For the level of moisture, Nivea creme provides a tad more.

* Cetaphil moisturising cream has the same consistency as The Ordinary Natural moisturising factors.
Both do not have a scent, and absorbs equally well. I like The Ordinary better as it is paraben free.

In summary, I like Cetaphil moisturising cream as it is packaged for use on both face and body.
It does not have a scent and works well as a basic moisturiser. I've had no adverse reactions from using it on both face and body.
The main drawback for me is the presence of parabens in it.
Lovely if it could be reformulated without parabens.

I think I like nivea cream better for better moisturizing but scent on this is softer, this is tub so have to dig fingers in. I think it for a basic good moisturizer. I think could even work well for summer even though texture is thick feels lights and don't not take long to dry.

on 11/2/2017 4:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm acne-prone and VERY oily but I get extremely dry during the winter since it's very cold where I live (Sweden). I've been using this as a nightcream for about three months now and I love it. My dryness is completely gone and it hasn't broken me out AT ALL, which I was worried about since it is a rather thick cream. The fact that it's so thick is also the reason that I only use it during nights, and I think that it would be a bit too greasy for me to use under my makeup (since my skin is so oily). Note that I haven't tried this yet so who knows! So far it seems to hydrate me enough by only being applied night time, maybe I'll use it during the days further into the winter.

This is an amazing product, especially given its price.

on 9/13/2017 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The BEST night cream for my easily-irritated, sensitive, acne-prone skin. This is definitely too rich for me to use during the day, as it disrupts my makeup's longevity and causes my foundation to separate, but at night it's perfect. Leaves my skin super soft upon waking, and seems to help heal my acne and soothe redness. I'm also thankful that this comes in a squeeze tube rather than unhygienic jar packaging, Overall, I love it!

EDIT: This started breaking me out, of course.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This sh!t is bomb. I have oily, acne prone skin that is sensitive to parabens, fragrances, etc. This moisturizing cream is a lovely thick buttery texture and you only need a dime-sized bit to cover your entire face and neck. So this giant TUB will last like 3 years. (I bought the knock off store brand which has the exact same ingredients as the original) For like $7.

It does not irritate my skin or clog my pores. It hasn't caused a break out or any itchiness/irritation. It is very moisturizing and smells nice as well. The *only* thing I don't like about this is the dry/set time it takes on your skin. It feels greasy/sticky for like 2 hours and it's kind of annoying. Especially if you want to lay down and your pillow case/blankets keep sticking to your face lol.

This cream is also good on the body, I use it on my legs and hands in the colder months to prevent dryness.

on 8/14/2017 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

*Edited 29/01/18: When I first tried this out my skin was dehydrated and broken out. It is the first all over "body" cream that I can use on my face (tried Dermaveen and Kenkay). It has no-fragrance, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, moisturises my face well and doesn't clog my pores. Apart from moisturising though it has no other benefits so I have now returned to snail cream.

on 7/28/2017 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This moisturizer, which is for DRY/SENSITIVE SKIN, was recommended to be by a dermatologist. It feels wonderful on my skin and not much product is required for full coverage. I highly recommend it for those with dry and/or sensitive skin, not for those with oily skin for obvious reasons. Aside from that, the product is insanely cheap. You can buy a massive tub of it at pretty much any drug store or any major grocery store with a drug/pharmacy section.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I used this one night on my eye area and sadly the next morning I had a few little white painful spots around my eyelid :( I'm pretty sensitive to eye creams so I guess this is another one that's not gonna work for me.

This is doing a great job plumping up my 54 yr old dry skin. It had been looking dry and dull from the cold, dry air. Love that it's cheap and I can get it at any drugstore. I'm only using it on my face at this point. I'm going to give it a try on my body.