Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamCetaphil Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamMoisturizing CreamMoisturizing Cream

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide

on 12/9/2018 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Zero complaints - I've used this moisturiser for a good five years now (changed from the Kiehl's one!) Keeps my sensitive/dry skin nice and soft. Love how it's not scented. Sinks into my skin and works well as a primer for any make up that I apply.

I get it in the tube so I'm not having to dip my fingers into the tub. Pretty much my HG moisturiser!

on 9/10/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I originally picked this up because it has no fragrance, it's dermatologist recommended, and my friend's roommate has used the cleanser for ages. The cleanser seemed to give me whiteheads a few years ago, but my skin has changed to be much drier these days.

I'm really happy with the lotion. It's great for moisturizing legs after shaving or as a hand cream. I meant to use it on my face, but I haven't done so in quite a while.

on 2/17/2017 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Wow, best moisturizer ever. I use it all over my body. It leaves my skin moisturized for HOURS. It just has chunky packaging but at least it allows me to use all of it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought this because I love Cetaphil cleanser and have been using it for years. Sadly, it clogged my pores and broke me out and I don't break out often at all. It has now been demoted to my hand cream and works good for that.

on 10/13/2016 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this moisturizer because of the great reviews on this site and it really did not disappoint. I needed a cream that work well with my oily skin but also didn't make my face feel tight. I only use this as a night cream, because it's a little greasy under makeup in my opinion but it really moisturizes so well that I don't need a very moisturizing day cream. It also doesn't make me break out which very moisturizing creams have a tendency to do.
The cream is quite thick and it doesn't seem to have any perfume. I can imagine it would be very good for people with dry, sensitive skin. Obviously the packaging isn't the prettiest but it's honestly so good that I don't mind that too much.
I've repurchased it about 4 times and it lasts me 3-4 months. I think the price is very reasonable and I will probably repurchase it for a very long time.

I've used both the blue and green capped ones before and neither really helped my eczema. I used the blue capped one back when I had eczema on my hands and it irritated them even more. More recently I developed eczema on my body which is different from the kind I got on my hands (hands had wet eczema, body has dry eczema) so I thought I would try the green capped version. While it is more moisturising than QV cream it's still not moisturising enough. I applied some on my eyelid eczema as well and less than an hour later it was dry and parched again.

I avoid applying this right before bed as it leaves my whole body feeling sticky and greasy which aggravates my eczema. Overall it feels mildly irritating and not very effective.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'd only recommend this product for the body...it's way too thick and heavy for the face. Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and moisturizes pretty well. Can take a little time to be absorbed, but it's worth it. It's scentless and the overall price is fine for the tub: $22.99. I've been using this product for years.

on 5/28/2016 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This cream is extremely moisturizing. I apply it to my hands every night before bed and and when I wake up they're extremely soft and not dry at all. However, it comes is a tub, it is not very hygienic because I have to dip my hands inside the tub every time I use it. It is really thick, so it takes only a pea sized amount for my hands, so it will last quite a long time. It is not expensive and has no fragrance. However, it takes longer than usual to soak into the skin.

on 4/3/2016 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I came across this when looking for a non-comedogenic fragrance-free moisturiser, as I had tried the cleanser in the same range. As expected, the cream's heavier than the lotion, and it's been working really well on my sensitive acne-prone skin.

At the moment I'm trialing basic Cetaphil cleanser and moisuriser, and instead investing in skin treatments that I'm putting on pre-moisturiser, ie am - BHA (La Roche Possay Effaclar Duo), pm - retinal (Avene Triacneal, but will be trying the Medik8 Retinol 3TR soon).

Although the packaging's quite a clinical design, the product itself is great, and I find the squeezy tube more hygienic than putting fingers in a tub.

I live in Taiwan, where it is extremely humid so my skin is almost never dry. I have combination skin with a very oily T-zone. I don't have sensitive skin and experience no skin issues apart from some black heads on my nose which I have to remove weekly. At 27, I have been using anti-aging products in an attempt to reduce lines, specifically smile lines. With that said, I really don't like the idea of blowing a ton of money on creams, especially when I know results are limited unless I receive botox. So I picked this up at Costco, and I have to say that I quite like it.

It's not as greasy as I imagined it would be, like Vaseline, but sinks in quite nicely. I dig into the pot and use a huge blob during the night, but only use a smear during the day. In regards to the greasiness, I once interviewed an Asian socialite for work and she mentioned that her secret to having great, radiant skin was to keep it as moisturized as possible. She said to not be be afraid of having oily skin and simply find the oiliest, greasiest face product to slather on at night. Since then, I have adopted the same method and it has worked well for me. With that said, I'm not sure if that would work with acne-prone skin.