Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Filtered by hair type : Other
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamCetaphil Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamMoisturizing CreamMoisturizing Cream

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

A lot of people are using this as a facial moisturizer and then complaining that it breaks them out. This product is NOT a facial moisturizer! Cetaphil has a number of moisturizers meant to be used on your face, this is not one of them. That being said, it is a pretty decent body moisturizer. I still experience some stinging/burning if I put this on after I shave but it doesn't irritate me otherwise. I like that it's unscented so I can wear it with any perfume I want. It is a bit on the expensive side but this isn't the only body moisturizer I use so I don't need to buy it that often. If you have sensitive skin I would give this a try.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

After having tried out numerous expensive face creams over the years I decided to just bloody well get a massive tub of something simple and gentle from the drug store. Because I was done being disappointed and stressed out about every new "miracle" face cream in pretentious packaging and wielding hefty price tags. Quite frankly I ain't got time for that.
This feels thick and nurturing and I take it down my neck and onto my chest because it's cheap and I don't feel even the slightest bit guilty treating my face and body to this. My skin in sensitive....like you know...turns red when you look at it wrong. And it's dry as all hell. And I get hormonal pimples. And I have pores roughly the size of small craters. And this stuff works. So bam. I'm happy.

Didn't like this at all. It was way to thick and sticky for me.

It claims to be fragrance free but still had a scent to it without a doubt.

This was NOT soothing, I have relatively dry skin but it felt like I was rubbing *glue* on my face when I applied this. Yuck. I should have accepted my luck has run out with the Cetaphil products. Too bad, b/c this is definitely less costly than my usual moisturizer!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

I have insanely dry and sensitive skin, which is why i always have to be super careful about what I put on my face. Honestly, even the smallest of small things can result in a flare up that takes days to go away. I have been using Cetaphil consistently for the past 5 years. When I was younger I used to have flaky skin due to dryness and the only cream that actually worked on hydrating my skin was Cetaphil. I would definitely 100% recommend this to anyone with dry sensitive skin. It doesn't have any added fragrance and you get a substantial amount for the price you pay for one tub.

on 1/25/2016 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have eczema and got this as I used the moisturising lotion before. I wanted to get something richer for my trip to Sydney, I knew the difference in humidity would dry my skin out like crazy. Also, Cetaphil is one of the more accessible brands for eczema in Singapore.

It takes awhile to absorb into my face and it is greasier. It doesn't have any scent. I feel that the moisturizing factor is similar to the lotion. Just okay. My skin drys out fast in aircon environments and this doesn't seem to soothe away the dry patches.

on 1/5/2016 9:01:00 PM

5 star product.
It does the job well and is unscented which is great if you are a perfume addict like myself.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've noticed that a lot of reviews of this product talk about using it on the face. Personally I don't think that this cream is well suited as a facial moisturizer. It's got a waxy like texture - which sets off an immediate red flag to me. I have tried using it on my face and it results in dry skin still, but coupled with painful cystic acne spots.

BUT

This stuff is great for use on the body. I have super dry skin every place on my body. I started using this stuff because I had to for a dermatology study I was on. But I really fell in love with it. At first it feels pretty heavy, but once you learn how to apply the appropriate amount, it works wonders. If you do end up applying to much, I've noticed it will kind of ball up on the skin - so you really do have to be careful.

on 6/23/2015 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very thick moisturizer that is good for dry skin. Although this cream is thick and seems to do the job, it's nothing special or life changing for my dry, sensitive skin. Even hours after I apply this, I feel like it just sits on my skin like a film of grease instead of absorbing into the skin. Despite these cons, I really like this moisturizing cream for when my skin is super irritated because of how gentle it is.

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I've had trouble finding a lotion for painful, dry skin. I'm a sucker for sweet scents, so I originally tried scented body creams from other brands. With little change in dryness, I switched over to this. I does give some relief for my dry skin, probably even more if I used it more often. But I don't like the heavy, thick feeling of it. The feeling doesn't go away for hours, so I don't like to use it so often.

on 5/14/2015 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm so upset when i found out that this products clogs my pores and irritates my skin :( turns out it's because of the glycerol in there, so i guess this would be a wonderful cheap moisturiser for everyone, but just for me :(