Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamCetaphil Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamMoisturizing CreamMoisturizing Cream

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I used this one night on my eye area and sadly the next morning I had a few little white painful spots around my eyelid :( I'm pretty sensitive to eye creams so I guess this is another one that's not gonna work for me.

on 10/13/2016 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this moisturizer because of the great reviews on this site and it really did not disappoint. I needed a cream that work well with my oily skin but also didn't make my face feel tight. I only use this as a night cream, because it's a little greasy under makeup in my opinion but it really moisturizes so well that I don't need a very moisturizing day cream. It also doesn't make me break out which very moisturizing creams have a tendency to do.
The cream is quite thick and it doesn't seem to have any perfume. I can imagine it would be very good for people with dry, sensitive skin. Obviously the packaging isn't the prettiest but it's honestly so good that I don't mind that too much.
I've repurchased it about 4 times and it lasts me 3-4 months. I think the price is very reasonable and I will probably repurchase it for a very long time.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using Cetaphil cream since I was young, and now at 24 y/o it's still the only moisturizer that my rosacea and facial eczema can tolerate. I've tried venturing into other moisturizers for sensitive skin (i.e., Vanicream, Cerave) but even those make my eczema flare up. It does leave an oily residue for me b/c I have oily skin and also pills up when I apply makeup, but I've still (reluctantly) stuck with this as my moisturizer only b/c it just works so well for my rosacea/eczema (I hope that says a lot about this as a cream for sensitive skin!). Also on the plus side, it used to only come in a jar but I found 3 oz tubes at Walmart!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well I would say this is a good product, I use this occasionally when I have dry skin and for after exfoliating.. I bought the one that comes with a tube so I don't have to dip my finger in like a jar like other reviewers have mentioned. Pros are it doesn't have fragrance so it's perfect for people who have sensitive skin and also good for people who have extra dry skin in their face, it is gentle enough to use this on your face. I don't think there are cons, well there is one con but only to certain people is that some people like moisturizer with fragrance so they smell good and all that, if you want it scented, just apply this and mix it with your chosen perfume and you could make it scented and PLUS your perfume last longer than just spraying it on your shirt

on 11/2/2013 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A very simple but good moisturizer, it calms the skin down and provides moisture.
I use it only when my skin feels super sensitive and chopped to calm it down, otherwise i prefer using creams with other effects as well.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Update 2015: As much as I love this stuff, I am no longer using it due to the fatty alcohol inclusions. It does a great job of calming my skin, but at the cost of whiteheads wherever I put it. Switched to Vaseline in cases of epic irritation. I now use and love it as a hand cream.

I've been using this cream off and on for many years. Although I have oily skin, I am also super sensitive and it is way too easy for me to screw up. Whenever such screw ups happen (over exfoliation or dryness/dehydration), this is what I reach for. It is simply a bland cream that quickly calms and returns my skin to its normal state. I have never experienced break outs from it, but then again I don't use it on a regular basis. This also works as a lovely hand and eye cream. If you did not like or get on with Cerave, this is a great alternative. I always get the small tubes from Walmart to avoid any hygiene issues that may arise from the tubs.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

so honestly, if you have very oily skin and your looking into buying this for a face moisturizer, DONT!!!! I saw that this product was very hyped, and i was really excited to buy this. I put it on my skin for about 3 nights in a row after each time washin my face and eeeee,i was expecting a lot more out of this product. I wouldnt really say it was horrible, but it didnt really neccesarily do anything to my face except made me look super super oily, would never use it in the morning .The only way it would work for me would be putting it on in the nightime and taking it off in the morning .I found that once i woke up i wanted to wash my face write away because i would just feel so sticky, and greasy. i usually use a lighter moisturizer after my morning face wash which is the garnier oil free gel moisture rescue, which by the way works amazing.anyways i really wanted to like this product, im still using it as a night moisturizer but i dont prefer it, i just dont really want to waste the whole tub. This is more for dried skin people . Would never by again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Love this product! I was recommended this by my dermatologist after I tried this terrible acne cream that left my skin burned and peeling..I literally could not even leave the house cause it was that bad. I was skeptical at first because I had already tried a bunch of moisturizers to try and soothe and moisturize my skin, but none seemed to help and all the moisturizers I tried had burned my skin since my skin was peeling. I then finally decided to give this a try and bought it. It wasn't that cheap, I think around $11 or so dollars? but it's a pretty big jar. Once I bought it, I immediately slapped some on my face to see if it could moisturize my dry skin, at first it didn't seem much different than the other moisturizers, but I just kept putting more and more on throughout the day whenever my skin felt dry again, and after just one night my skin was almost back to normal, plump and moisturized! I was soooo freaking happy, and now I love Cetaphil! But now since my face is healed, I don't use this on my face every night because it's a little too oily for my "already oily face" but I use it on my stomach where I have little dry patches and it really helps A LOT, better than any other creams I've tried. Anyways, I love this cream, and if you ever have any burns or experience something bad with your skin and you need to soothe or moisturize it, WITHOUT it burning, Definitely try this! It doesn't contain any extra ingredients that other moisturizers have that will Burn your skin, this is just a moisturizer that Moisturizes your skin and i lovee it!
PS. the packaging is pretty bad, I lasts a long time, but I hate how you have to keep sticking your fingers and alkjfasdfgjl all the germs get in each time.. but i still love this cream.

on 5/23/2011 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

really good moisturizer. i only use it at night cus it makes me reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally oily and greasy ahahhah. i have super oily skin, but i like using that at night cus i also use acne treatments and at night i need moisture, this is dirty cheap for the amount of product!!! its gonna last you 10 months for sure or a 1 year probably, if u use it once a day.
im not gonna buy it again cus i like to try new things. im gonna buy the eucerin aquaporin

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This felt greasy for a long time and never really felt like it absorbed into my hands. It also made my hands itch.