Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamCetaphil Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamMoisturizing CreamMoisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide

I’ve made a review video about the Cetaphil moisturizing cream because it looks like a basic face moisturizer and it honestly is so simple (packaging, ingredients, no fragrance) that I thought, I had to give it a go. Sometimes the simple products are the best products to use. I tested the moisturizer on myself and on my husband (because he has sensitive skin) for some time to have an opinion about it and to create this video for you.

I hope that this video will help you to make the decision, if you should buy it or not.

on 10/29/2018 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a fantastic cream. I've only been using this for a month but after hearing rave reviews for years, I decided to give my usual Nivea creme a break and give this one a shot. Right off the bat, this is an amazing makeup primer. Nivea is so greasy, I don't dare use it during the day. I have combo-dry skin in the winter and I am definitely acne prone - so far, no breakouts.

This product has no scent, which is a definite plus, and it sinks right in. At night I mix this with a few drops of argan oil and wake up to baby soft, supple skin.

I am also a free lance makeup artist and this is my staple for prepping the skin, clients love it too! Costco has gigantic 20oz sizes of this, when you see it on sale, I suggest you snag it!

I will probably not go back to Nivea anytime soon and give this one a good run as this is just what my skin needs in the late fall/winter months here in the harsh Canadian climate. I say to anyone out there on the fence about this product, give it a go. Worst case? If it doesn't work out as a face cream for you, it's a heavenly body cream. I just wish they still sold this cream in the tube. Other than that, definite re-purchase. Use this in conjunction with the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, it's a dream come true for dehydrated, dry and sensitive skin. :)

on 10/7/2018 1:33:00 PM

I've been on the lookout for no-frills creams in recent years.

I like it that Cetaphil moisturizing cream has no scent. It is a thick cream but which absorbs well.

The following compares Cetaphil moisturising cream to some similar ones I've tried.

* Cetaphil moistursing cream has a thicker consistency compared to Cetaphil lotion.
Both do not have a scent. However, the cream somehow absorbs better for me.

* Cetaphil moistursing cream has a thicker consistency compared to Physiogel cream.
Both do not have a scent. Physiogel works better on dry patches on the body (for my dog) and keeps them away. I don't have dry patches, so both work just as well for me.

* Cetaphil moistursing cream has a thicker consistency compared to Physiogel AL cream.
Both do not have a scent. Physiogel AL cream was my lifesaver when I developed a nasty red, swollen painful rash from the use of a pimple cream some years ago. Nothing else was able to soothe the nasty red, swollen, painful rash then. I think there is something in Physiogel AL that helped to soothe my rash. My only quip with Physiogel AL is that it leaves a slight waxy film on the skin. In contrast, Cetaphil moistursing cream is not waxy.

* Cetaphil moisturising cream is not waxy than Nivea creme (Germany version) and absorbs better.
Nivea has a floral scent compared to the scentless Cetaphil. For the level of moisture, Nivea creme provides a tad more.

* Cetaphil moisturising cream has the same consistency as The Ordinary Natural moisturising factors.
Both do not have a scent, and absorbs equally well. I like The Ordinary better as it is paraben free.

In summary, I like Cetaphil moisturising cream as it is packaged for use on both face and body.
It does not have a scent and works well as a basic moisturiser. I've had no adverse reactions from using it on both face and body.
The main drawback for me is the presence of parabens in it.
Lovely if it could be reformulated without parabens.

on 4/18/2018 7:08:00 PM

In cold weather, I have raging eczema. Using this cream liberally after showering has saved my skin.
After 3 days, the itch and aggravating welts were gone.
This is a miracle product; non-fragrance, and very emmolient.
The only issue is one my dip one's fingers into the tube to retrieve a portion,
but it is well worth any trouble.
Will never face winter again with a tub of this.

on 3/29/2018 10:06:00 AM

It's not clear if it's unethical to give products negative reviews if I'm allergic to them... but here I am doing it anyway. Reacted poorly to this. I'm going to guess it's whatever almond deal is in it, or the c. alcohol.

I think I like nivea cream better for better moisturizing but scent on this is softer, this is tub so have to dig fingers in. I think it for a basic good moisturizer. I think could even work well for summer even though texture is thick feels lights and don't not take long to dry.

on 12/11/2017 8:47:00 PM

love this moisturizer.
doesn't leave skin greasy and absorbs quickly, its cheap, and INCREDIBLE FOR DRY FLAKY SKIN.
ive had flaky skin my entire life and three months of this and no flakes.
i tried everything, 80 dollar exfoliators from sephora, oils, moisturizers, special foundations, everything, and three months of this and the flakiness is almost completely gone.
this is the holy grail of moisturizers for dry skin, 10/10 would recommend, (plus its hella cheap so what do you have to lose)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

A lot of people are using this as a facial moisturizer and then complaining that it breaks them out. This product is NOT a facial moisturizer! Cetaphil has a number of moisturizers meant to be used on your face, this is not one of them. That being said, it is a pretty decent body moisturizer. I still experience some stinging/burning if I put this on after I shave but it doesn't irritate me otherwise. I like that it's unscented so I can wear it with any perfume I want. It is a bit on the expensive side but this isn't the only body moisturizer I use so I don't need to buy it that often. If you have sensitive skin I would give this a try.

great moisturizer but unfortunately it makes my already oily face more oily at the end of the day.so it will never work under the make ups and ill buy st ives collagen elastin moisturizer or just use estee lauder ANR!

on 5/3/2017 3:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

My skin is very sensitive and dehydrated. I used this on my face. This left parts of my skin so soft yet other parts dry after a couple of days. Not for me