Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Filtered by skin type : Other
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamCetaphil Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamMoisturizing CreamMoisturizing Cream

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide

This is doing a great job plumping up my 54 yr old dry skin. It had been looking dry and dull from the cold, dry air. Love that it's cheap and I can get it at any drugstore. I'm only using it on my face at this point. I'm going to give it a try on my body.

I have combination skin with very oily tzone. Im not acne prone but my skin prefer simple unscented products over anything. This cream is thick (not gonna lie; it sits onto your skin and very slowly sinks). I found it to be very icky at first but i bear with it and i woke up to the most supple skin. I have flakey nose post comedo extraction but when i slather this cream it seems to tame the flakiness and 2 days the dead skin would roll off easily (usually it takes me a week to deal with post extraction trauma). this cream however does contain silicone so it might be irrigating for hyper sensitive skin. as an oily tzone girl i find this to be very shiny but it's bearable (and you actually need the shine, girls. trust me it makes ur oily skin feels better). it doesnt balance your skin's oily production or whatever it's just a simple moisturizer which doesn't break me up heavily. i might continue to use this but I might switch to Physiogel Cream because I heard it contains less filler products.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

after i use cetaphil moisturizer, i had side effect doing laser. it give me trackmarks

on 8/13/2013 3:28:00 AM

Moisturizes amazingly well! Gentle and light on the skin, unlike some other moisturizes which can feel heavy. Love it!

on 1/18/2013 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

How have I not yet reviewed this cream? This is a year-round staple for me. It's super emollient but not greasy and I love that it's unscented so no smells linger on my clothes if I get dressed after using this. I usually use this after showering and my skin stays soft all day long. Costco sells this and occasionally has a $2-3 off coupon.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My skin has been dry ever since I moved to Canada from the US about six years ago. I had perfect, trouble-free skin before the move (even in my teen years), so I was never quite sure what to do about the problems I've encountered since moving (thanks Ontario!). The dry, painful skin seems to get worse with every winter, so I knew I had to suck it up and try to find a new face moisturizer this year. I went through a bunch of Neutrogena and Oil of Olay moisturizers that were doing absolutely nothing to moisturize my face these days; they just burned and seemed to dry me out more.
Skincare products are ridiculously expensive here, usually 2-4 times what they are in the States, so I hate buying new products. But I read tons of reviews on many different sites over the past couple months and finally decided to give Cetaphil's Moisturizing Cream a try (mostly due to the great reviews here on MUA). After using the cream for only two days, my skin was totally fixed. No dry patches, no acne, no pain, and my skin was actually smooth and healthy looking (like seriously glowing.. and not greasy, *glowing*). I've been using it for about 4 weeks now and my skin looks so nice that my husband has even started using the Cetaphil (and I've been begging him to use moisturizer for years to no avail).
The cream does take 10 or so minutes to really sink in, but I don't mind at all. It's heaven to put on a cream and not have it make my skin burn and feel tighter. And I love washing my face and putting the cream on at night before bed, and waking up with perfect, soft skin. It feels very decadent and soothing to me.
I'm not sure that I'll use this in the summer, as it is very heavy, but this is a lifesaver for me right now. I use it on my face, chest area, arms and hands, and my skin hasn't felt or looked this good in a long time... I'm so happy that I gave this a try. This is a HG item for me.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I NEVER do reviews, I mostly read them. But when I saw how highly regarded this moisturiser is I feel I had to say something because its really NOT good as everyones been stating.

I am on the acne.org regime and while it felt like heaven sent during the peeling phase. I found this moisutriser actually doesnt really moisturise. Ive slathered this on consistently for months, i thought it was so perfect that I bought another gigantic jar to keep in the car, but now looking at my skin it still stays dry after you wash it off.

Its kind of like lip balms, while they feel good and hydrating when you put it on, as soon as it come off you see its done no lasting moisturising at all!

I am not light handed with this at night to, i put it on like a mask but it doesnt seem to change the texture of my dry skin at all.

At least its cheap and non-fragranced, doesnt break me out and I feel comfortable to use it on my baby.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really love this moisturizer. And the packaging come on its great and huge! i have been using this for about a year now. during the winter i still need a better moisturizer but this works pretty good. ill probably try to look for a better moisturizer that is for more extreme cases of dry skin. but will repurchase:)

on 6/30/2012 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i give this a 4 but i prolly want to give it a 3.5
this stuff makes my face oil like no other. my face looks disgusting after i apply this, even on like a "just washed" face. i tried using it on my arms and legs and it took too long to absorb leaving me feeling sticky and greasy. this however, works on my dry nose! lol i bought the HUGE tub from costco and its never going to end b/c i only stick my finger in there for a small bit for my nose everyday. anyone w/ dry pealing nose shud try this!

on 4/29/2012 3:31:00 AM

GREAT MOUSTERIZER!
Goes under makeup really well. Skin feels amazing after use. Gets rid of dry patches over night. Last a long time. Good for oiley skin, fragrance free and non comedigenic, so it doesnt clog pores. Highly reccomend.