Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamCetaphil Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamMoisturizing CreamMoisturizing Cream

4.2

Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Y'all Im not trying to bore you with my review today, but please, please please take these words from a ashy person such as myself. So ashy that you can strike a match on my knees and the world would blow up, so ashy like somebody took the wrong color wires and blew the world the hell up!!! Listen to me, this cream have saved my life and my skin hunny child! I had ten dollars left( husband had the debit card in his wallet my ass to lazy to drive to BBVA compass f... That!) I was going to go to burger King girl get me a number two with some 1.49 ten piece nuggets. 😂😂😂 Heck yeah girl! But in the back of this crazy mind I knew i was ashy as hell, and made a little detour to Walmart. I read reviews about this lotion looking good under makeup and most importantly helping ashy as people😐,( like me)skin retain Mo moisture! So I grabbed the jar off the shelf got in line thinking ( this better be worth that 9.99 cause I'm hungry ass hell!). I got in my truck ( or sport utility vehicle😂 I call everything a truck) F@#$ it, IT'S THE TRUCK damn it!😂😂😂 Got in there and opened the jar, because imma bout to try this here in this parking lot and if it ain't what I hope it to be then Im in the parking lot so I'll be walking right back in to make a return after buying it five mins later if it suck. Girl, girl girl girl!😵 This s#$& was like like BUTTER! I couldn't stop slathering this cream on my face! People just walking by me staring while I'm slathering this on my face everywhere looking a damn fool! Girl, this cream is sooooo smooth and rich. The texture immediately turn into a melted oil upon making contact with the warmth of your hands! I was like “HeLL NAH! Do dreams really come true😮???” I'll admit, it's worth the 9.99 plus tax! Yall know ya girl put this Sh#& to the test right??😏 Yes!!!! I did! I been using it for two months now! And my skin look like a baby's A$$! My makeup looking so subtle (look at me using big words, I told my momma not to worry when I dropped out of highschool 10 years ago!😂 But I finished online yall!😂😂😂😂 )Let shut my country a$$ up. I even use this cream all over my body. It's like this cream is making love to my skin😐 huh? Never mind. I even use some on my lips before using matte lipsticks😉😉 (try it ashy!) My knees are getting lighter y'all! It's working a MiRACLe on me! So girl, imma suggest you stop reading these reviews and get YO ASHY butt to the nearest Wal-Mart (not Walgreens because it's 15.99 in Walgreens and 9.99 at Walmart) and skip to the lotion isle (push people the heck outta your way because it's an emergency damn it your skin has found a soulmate😊). Get you a jar! Now run run run fly fly glide and twirl you are free from being like a shriveled up ashy frog.😙😙 Thank me later💙 ( by me buying me another jar!). Pros- girl get to that store now and try it. Cons- ain't none now gitty!

on 3/7/2007 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have very dry skin, but other than that, my complexion has always been very good--smooth and clear (I'm 56). But in the past year or so, I've been getting very bad edema under the eyes every 3-4 weeks, and in the past month, I've had constant red hive-like blotches on cheeks, forehead, and near the mouth. I tried EVERYTHING to clear this up--no luck. My face looked horrible, and it felt like it was on fire. A co-worker with very dry, itchy skin handed me a tube of Cetaphil cream, and told me to try it. Hand to God, after ONE night, most of the redness was gone. After three nights--all gone! I use it all over my face, as well as under the eyes and on the lids. My skin is clear, soft, smooth, and lines are less noticeable. The puffiness under my eyes is gone. I LOVE THIS! No more L'Oreal, Lancome, Neutrogena, Oil of Olay, vitamin E oil, or Aveeno for me!! I will be a Cetaphil cream fan for life.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Amazing! I've been using nothing but high end/overpriced moisturizers for years and years. I have dry, sensitive skin and rosacea. This was recommended by a dermatologist, gentle, fragrance-free, no lanolin... I didn't think that this could be used on the face, it's in a huge tub, which to me looks like a body moisturizer. It also has petroleum, which I thought would be bad for my skin, but I tried it. Was he ever right! I woke up after the first night of using this and glanced in the mirror in passing and looked again. For the first time in 14 years my skin wasn't red. I had no idea the other moisturizers were causing a lot of the redness (fragrance?), I just thought it was the rosacea. At times my skin gets painfully tight and dry, not anymore- this stuff is amazing! I use it head to toe, there's nothing better! NOTHING! My cabinet in the bathroom was once filled with lovely jars and bottles of pricey lotions and creams, it made me happy just opening the cabinet door- only to be replaced with a huge tub of Cetaphil. I was sad for a while but I'm okay now... my skin looks better than ever! If your skin is not dry enough for this, it works well as an under eye cream as well! Dry feet, dry hands, dry anything! Love it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have to say a huge - thank you - to those here who gave such great reviews for this product. I have been looking for an everyday moisturizer that would work when I don't wear makeup or just go out to do errands. But I have to be so careful with my skin. I have dry, sensitive skin with mild rosacea. I also have bad allergies and it affects my skin, causing itchy bumps or rashes and redness. Once I find something that works, I stay with it.

I bought this at Target and when I tried it on my face it was just wonderful. This moisturizer goes on so smoothly and is rich and gentle for my skin. I was so impressed with it for day that I decided to interchange it with my night moisturizer, La Mer moisturizing cream, every other night. I have been using La Mer for about fifteen years as my night cream. I am always battling dryness which is exacerbated by allergy and asthma medications. I was really impressed with how it worked as night cream. I also used it as an eye cream. My skin felt so soft the next morning. What I really love is that there is no greasiness with this product.

After reading the reviews, I decided to try this as a body moisturizer. I have been using Eucerin lotion for such a long time. It's been a good product, but recently I have noticed that it's not as effective as the skin on my body has gotten flaky and scaly. I used it after my shower and it was a revelation! My skin just seems to drink up this moisturizer. The results have been nothing short of amazing. My flaky, scaly skin is now smooth and soft.

It's a wonderful thing when you find a product that can be used a number of ways, get great results and do it for cheap! I was so pleased that I ran out and bought another 16 ounce jar. So now I have one jar for my face and one for my body.

I am very grateful to those who rated this product so highly. This has really made a difference for me and I didn't have to empty my wallet! A win-win situation!

on 7/3/2009 7:27:00 PM

This and Complex 15 are the only moisturizers I will let touch my face. Sometimes it's hard for me to understand people's quest for an HG moisturizer because these two products cover all the important bases.

Most importantly, I have never had any reaction to them because... they are so non-reactive! There are no scary ingredients. There is no fragrance. No spf. No botanicals. No added vitamins. So it doesn't multitask as anti-aging or give you some shoddy sun protection-- so what? It keeps you moist. It moisturizers. And it does it darn well.

After cleansing in the morning I use dabs of it or some lighter Complex 15 (depending on what I used to cleanse or what treatments I may be doing at the time) and over those, sunscreen and then primer and makeup.

Although I am acne prone (genetic) this cream has never contributed to breakouts.

The greasy feel might result if you use too much all over your face, or if your SS isn't mattifying, or if you claim greasiness before letting it actually sink in.

At any rate, I am never without this tub (carry a little container in my purse, too) and never even think about moisturizers. Haven't in years.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I use this to remove eye makeup-- it smooths off in a couple of swipes of a cotton pad and moisturizes the eye area at the same time. There's no need to buy special removers when I've got this miracle in a tub.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Okay - for all of you who have experienced the HORRIBLE musty smell of the new packaging, especially of the cream in the tube, this is for you.

My mom has always used and love the cetaphil cream. But this new packaging smells awful, a "mildewy" smell. I smelled it too - it's horrible!! Anyway, she was so mad that she wrote an email to Galderma (spelling?) labs and they wrote back asking her more about why she didn't like it, they were really interested in the problem and wanted to know more to correct it, and sent her a letter and (I think) prepaid envelope to send back the bad stuff and they would reimburse her.

In the meantime, we were looking for a) a replacement, and b) checking out other stores' supplies of Cetaphil to see if they were all bad (they are.) BUT what we found out today and what I wanted to share is that the Cetaphil Cream that comes in the JAR, not the tube, actually smells and seems totally normal, like the old stuff. So, there is an answer! It just doesn't come in a tube, but I see no reason you couldn't put it in a travel tube or something if that was more convenient for you.

Letting you all know this is important to me because my mom has eczema and it's hard for her to find creams that don't irritate it, as I'm sure many of you have similar issues. She says this cream makes her skin "normal." I really hope this helps!

on 12/26/2004 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Fabulous value, marvelous cream, best product for eyes, too. This product is rich, non-greasy, totally non-acnegenic (I am miserably break-out prone), and it allows makeup to glide on yet fully absorb.

16 ounces of Cetaphil will cost $10-16, best value for a dreamily rich cream that lasts forever. Can be used everywhere at this price. I put it in a smaller container to keep the main supply clean and fresh.

My skin breaks out from any product that is not totally non-comedogenic/non-acnegenic, and this lives up to its label. You must wait a bit for it to be absorbed before applying makeup--or just use less.

I used it all over the eye area too and it is so much better than any of the $65 for .4 ounce creams out there.

Anyone who broke out may have bought a cream not labeled "non-acnegenic", because I gob this on and never broke out in the slightest. Best value you will ever find. I cannot say enough good things about it. No fragrance I can detect, either.

Such a great product and value it is beyond belief. Perfection

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

1-21-2012
Oh Dear LORD.
RELIEF. I have eczema whenever it's dry and windy, which where I live is 9 months out of the year.
I've been using steroid creams for a while, but I've become wary as to the overuse of steroid creams.
So I began my search. I tried organic stuff (cocoa butter, shea butter, oils), but nothing would relieve the eczema. I would just end up all greased up but still itchy, with the eczema still worsening.
I read on internets that Cetaphil is the best for eczema prone people, so I took a dive and paid $15 (as of 2012.01.21 @ Walgreens). $15 may seems steep for a drugstore lotion, but this isn't just -some- lotion. It's the only thing that has relieved my eczema. IT'S THE CUREEE (for me at least - cannot promise everyone with eczema that they will be cured as well).
Anyway. I just can't shut my mouth when I'm finally relieved of horrible ugly itchiness. So. :]
If I have any side effects, I'll update later. If I don't update, it means all is peachy-keen. :]]]

::::::::: EDIT!!! :::::::::
As I promised, if everything was peachy-keen, I wouldn't update.
And it almost is! It's like a couple notches below peachy-keen.
I noticed that when I layer on thick amounts of the Body Cream, it starts to peel/roll off my skin. It's not a big deal for me since I only use this at night and at home, but for people who are looking to use this during the day - just remember to use a thin layer! Or you might be experiencing the same peeling/rolling of product as well.
:]

:::EDIT #2!!!:::::
I use a little bit each night to also remove my gel (Bobbi Brown) eyeliner and my waterproof cream eyeshadows (MUFE's Aqua Creams). Put a little smear on your fingers, gently massage it into your eye area to loosen your eye makeup. Wipe off with tissue. At least 99% of it should be gone. Just wash your face.
I don't recommend it for people who tend to get millia though. I don't know if it causes millia if you put it on your eyes, but so far for me it's been working out very well. :]

-Edit 3- October 6th, 2012
Don't you wonder if people still like the products 1 year later? It's currently October 6th, 2012 (so almost 10 months), and I still have to say that I am in mad love with Cetaphil's Moisturizing Cream. Sometimes when my allergies are bad or my stress is increasing, I can feel the dry patches on my skin encouraging eczema to thrive. As soon as I feel the dry itchiness or dry tightness, I quickly apply this to wherever, and after a couple days the threat of eczema disappears. I have about 30% left of the original jar left, so this was definitely a worthy investment.
Also, sometimes when I'm really lazy and I have a little extra cream on my hands, I just use it as face cream (I don't recommend this for everyone, especially if you're prone to acne / break out easily / have cystic acne).

- Edit 4 - September 15, 2013
I finally had to buy a 2nd jar about a couple months ago. My eczema has flared up again due to the inconsistent dry/humid weather that's been happening. This is the ONLY lotion that I've been satisfied with for so long. I LOVE THIS, so much.
I noticed other lotions often 1) sink too quickly into my skin (I have dry flaky skin) and leave my skin feeling dry even afterward, 2) the smell/fragrance is too strong, or 3) absorbs more into my bedsheets/pajamas than my own skin.
Cetaphil's cream avoids all 3 things, which is why I love Cetaphil's cream even 2 years later.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I am changing. During my poor, misspent youth, I scrimped and saved to buy beauty products I could ill afford. And my skin sucked. Now I have found products which are cheap and easily obtained. Now my skin glows.

I bought a tub from Costco for about $11.00. This will easily last 6 months. I use it morning and night on combination skin. My skin never looked better. I look moist, not oily, and my make up stays put.

I am not a fan of the packaging. I would rather have it in a pump or squeeze tube. I have found it in a 3 oz squeeze tube. But it was much higher in price. Instead I just make sure my hands are clean with each use. And I don't share my tub.

I can't say enough good things about this product. I am now on my 2nd tub and I will continue to use this for the foreseeable future. It's not fancy. It isn't packaged in a pretty jar. But it is the best moisturizer I have ever tried.

I love, love, LOVE this skin cream! I've had sensitive, acne-prone skin since I was probably thirteen years old, and I thought I could never use a moisturizer, let alone a cream. However, my physician told me to use this a few years ago (along with a Clindamycin prescription) and my skin immediately felt so much better (I'd been stuck on benzaclin before that, and it turned my face into a blistered old shoe). Now, I use this every night after cleansing and my skin looks amazing :) I just rinse it off in the morning and either apply my foundation (Vincent Longo's Water Canvas), or just dust on a bit of sheer mineral powder (Physician's Formula Mineral Pressed Powder). It leaves my skin supple, smooth and dewy all day (not greasy, and I used to have trouble with shine throughout the day). YAYS!

PROS:

- Doesn't break me out. And this could only be me, everyone's skin is different with different triggers, and different products work together differently. My skin is extremely sensitive and breaks out at the slightest thing (it used to be oily when I was younger, but not any more), and this soothed a breakout I had after attempting to break up with it for Mario Badescu's Seaweed Night Cream (big mistake, it left my skin soft, but no softer than Cetaphil, and it gave me huge cystic pimples on my cheeks. UHG. Moral: if you find a favorite do NOT leave it for anything! Even that new hot model that's beckoning from behind the Henri Bendel counter...).

- Cheap. REALLY CHEAP. And I've purchased the store brand version before (works just as well) for a few $$ less. I use this liberally from my face to my toes every night and body every morning and it lasts about 2 1/2-3 weeks.

- Absorbent. It soaks right in at night after I've exfoliated, it might feel a bit heavy at first, but usually in about fifteen minutes it's soaked in and any greasy feeling is gone.

- Plumping and soothing, tightens pores. My mom's rule is that a good moisture cream should do what a toner does (according to her, you shouldn't have to use a toner. If you do then it means your cleanser isn't cleaning deep enough and your moisturizer isn't doing its job), this one totally fits the bill: my skin looks pore-less, it's plump and impossibly soft (which is saying something, it never used to be) and it's even soothed inflammation when I've stupidly tried a new product and suddenly broken out.

- Fragrance free. I don't quite understand reviews that gripe about the scent. It's fragrance free, so it doesn't have any added perfumes to make it smell "nice". People with very sensitive skin can frequently have reactions to fragrances, so if the cream smelled fragrancy that wouldn't be a good sign. For me, fragrance usually irritates a bit (depending on the chemicals) so it's a major benny that this is fragrance free. Also, the smell is, at the worst, like baby powder, and you don't smell it at all after you wake up in the morning.

CONS:

- The packaging. I'm not overly fond of it, I wish it was in a pump to be a bit more sanitary, but for the price I guess I shouldn't get picky.

Conclusion:

It's awesome. If you have sensitive skin that needs moisture and is acne prone I would totally give this a try. It feels like an expensive cream and smells like baby powder. I love it :)