Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

Filtered by age: 36-43
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamCetaphil Cetaphil Moisturizing CreamMoisturizing CreamMoisturizing Cream

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide

on 1/4/2019 10:14:00 AM

I brought up, that it was very hard for me personally to choose a suitable cream, as most of them gave my skin red patches , and I have very dehydrated skin. and after trying this brand I was very surprised that my skin took it very well. no redness, skin looked moist and comfortable. It hydrates well and soothes the skin, also big pro that is not scented! Before night I mix the gentle cleanser with coconut oil and my skin looks amazing and feels like a baby's bottom.

on 10/22/2018 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is simply put the best body moisturizer on the market that I've found in all my years. And I'm even happier with it now that they got rid of parabens. Though I will say, as they don't seem to have added any other preservatives (and this jar clearly seems to need something, since the product has plenty of exposure to air and potential germs in this packaging) and they don't claim to be paraben-free, part of me wonders if it really is paraben-free / what gives now that they're gone.

In any case, I started using this after it was recommended to me by a dermatologist for dry skin issues, and since then, I've consistently gotten tons of comments on how soft my skin is. In fact, all of my family and ex boyfriends and many of their family members now use this too, as this simply works better than any other and WITHOUT CLOGGING PORES or causing body acne/bumps. It's also fragrance free. I really cannot highly recommend enough for BODY use. For face use, it does seem to break me out, so I sometimes use around the eyes but that's it. The only thing that would make this better is if it were lower on EWG's scale (gets a 3-4 due to ingredients like Benzyl Alcohol), but I'm not going to deduct a lippie for that, as that isn't terrible and there really isn't anything else lower on the scale that I have ever found that I think is better as far as moisturization without body acne.

TIP: As with any moisturizer, ALWAYS use on slightly damp skin to lock in moisture. You miss half the benefit of rich moisturizers like this if you don't do that. I always use right after my shower, after toweling off very lightly.

Note on old vs new formula: Partly because of this product's EWG rating, I've been trying to go more natural and use various oils (jojoba, or sunflower mixed with a bit of squalane) more often and only use this once or twice a week these days (may use more in winter), so for now I can't say I've noticed a significant difference between the old formula and new. I think I noticed a bit of a difference on first impression, but not enough to even remember now - and I'll take the difference if it really does mean no parabens, which would have caused me to give up on this great product altogether. I do think maybe the old formula might have been better in terms of not clogging facial pores, but I can't say for sure. This one does say "Body" only on the front, while the old one said "Face and Body." Once I start using more often in cooler weather, if I feel like it works differently than it used to, I will update my review.

on 10/7/2018 1:33:00 PM

I've been on the lookout for no-frills creams in recent years.

I like it that Cetaphil moisturizing cream has no scent. It is a thick cream but which absorbs well.

The following compares Cetaphil moisturising cream to some similar ones I've tried.

* Cetaphil moistursing cream has a thicker consistency compared to Cetaphil lotion.
Both do not have a scent. However, the cream somehow absorbs better for me.

* Cetaphil moistursing cream has a thicker consistency compared to Physiogel cream.
Both do not have a scent. Physiogel works better on dry patches on the body (for my dog) and keeps them away. I don't have dry patches, so both work just as well for me.

* Cetaphil moistursing cream has a thicker consistency compared to Physiogel AL cream.
Both do not have a scent. Physiogel AL cream was my lifesaver when I developed a nasty red, swollen painful rash from the use of a pimple cream some years ago. Nothing else was able to soothe the nasty red, swollen, painful rash then. I think there is something in Physiogel AL that helped to soothe my rash. My only quip with Physiogel AL is that it leaves a slight waxy film on the skin. In contrast, Cetaphil moistursing cream is not waxy.

* Cetaphil moisturising cream is not waxy than Nivea creme (Germany version) and absorbs better.
Nivea has a floral scent compared to the scentless Cetaphil. For the level of moisture, Nivea creme provides a tad more.

* Cetaphil moisturising cream has the same consistency as The Ordinary Natural moisturising factors.
Both do not have a scent, and absorbs equally well. I like The Ordinary better as it is paraben free.

In summary, I like Cetaphil moisturising cream as it is packaged for use on both face and body.
It does not have a scent and works well as a basic moisturiser. I've had no adverse reactions from using it on both face and body.
The main drawback for me is the presence of parabens in it.
Lovely if it could be reformulated without parabens.

I think I like nivea cream better for better moisturizing but scent on this is softer, this is tub so have to dig fingers in. I think it for a basic good moisturizer. I think could even work well for summer even though texture is thick feels lights and don't not take long to dry.

on 5/3/2017 3:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

My skin is very sensitive and dehydrated. I used this on my face. This left parts of my skin so soft yet other parts dry after a couple of days. Not for me

on 11/12/2016 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely sensitive, acne prone, combination skin. I have tried many many moisturizers over the years and never found anything that properly addressed my skin issues...either they clogged my pores, or left my skin feeling tight and dry. I wish I started using this cream years ago. For me it is perfect. It moisturizes without clogging my pores at all. I use it twice a day - morning under makeup and at night after I have washed my face. Absolutely best moisturizer if you have fairly dry but acne prone skin.

on 7/25/2016 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Best overall body cream ever! It is really thick and heavy, but absorbs well.

I use it all over after a shower and on my feet before bed. Even my husband uses it daily now and his skin is so much nicer.

My daughter has really sensitive and dry skin. This was one of the only things I could use on her that would help without making it worse. It doesn't sting on rashes or dry skin.

When my face is extra dry, I use it as a night cream, but it is a little heavy to do that all the time.

If I could only use one lotion or cream for the rest of my life it would be this one.

Didn't like this at all. It was way to thick and sticky for me.

It claims to be fragrance free but still had a scent to it without a doubt.

This was NOT soothing, I have relatively dry skin but it felt like I was rubbing *glue* on my face when I applied this. Yuck. I should have accepted my luck has run out with the Cetaphil products. Too bad, b/c this is definitely less costly than my usual moisturizer!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have recently been using this as part of a "bland" regime for healing my dehydrated, reactive skin after an allergic reaction. It is richly moisturizing and non irritating, which is exactly what I wanted. No fancy bells and whistles to potentially cause reactions, just soothing hydration. I use this at night, and then lock in my driest parts with aquaphor on top. This has not caused me any break outs or clogged pores on my face.

The jar packaging does present hygiene considerations, but as anyone with eczema knows you can use creams up so quickly that contamination really becomes a non-issue. If I was using it slowly (just the face) then I would likely transfer some to a smaller jar to keep things cleaner.

What a great value! I recently tossed two high end creams that were supposed to do exactly what this one does at many, many times the cost. I will definitely be keeping this on hand as a staple.

on 3/20/2016 12:17:00 AM