La Roche-Posay Effaclar Toner Astringent Lotion

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

4.5

Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin,sodium Citrate, Propylene Glycol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Citric Acid, Salicylic Acid, Fragrance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Okay so when I purchased this on a whim I went and started searching for the reviews, and on here I found it rated so poorly that I was reluctant to try it. However, I stifled the bad reviews and tried it anyways and I'm happy I did. As much as it may not work for other people's skin, this works beautifully for mine and has helped clear up my acne so much that it is almost non-existent. Very worthwhile product in my opinion and will certainly be repurchasing. If you have olive skin tone, oily, sensitive, acne prone skin then this just may be for you but I can understand how this may not be a product for everyone, especially dry skin beauties. :)

Good for combination skin. It works well on my T-zone to keep the level of sebum decreased. Advantages: last long, works well on T- zone.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

i have been using this product in combination with the foaming cleanser and mattifying lotion for a month now.
This is a secret weapon in stopping break outs it won't work on it's own but is exceptional when used with the cleanser in particular. I'll be repurchasing this for sure.

This is a good product, though it's really much lighter than most astringents.

This has a pleasant and non-offensive smell, and if you need a relatively light toning product, this is good.

It will not remove excess makeup residue, nor is it an oily skin workhorse, imo.

If you need a workhorse to help with sebum problems, remove stubborn makeup, or can tolerate a stronger product, try DDF 10 percent glycolic.

The astringent description on this is a bit misleading -- I think it's a bit mild, but if you have oily skin that is also very sensitive, this is probably good for you.

This is an effective toner if you need something milder but effective, and also have a hypersensitivity to chemical smells.

Will repurchase, though I need something stronger much of the time, as my skin's not overly sensitive.