La Roche-Posay Effaclar Toner Astringent Lotion

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

2.6

Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin,sodium Citrate, Propylene Glycol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Citric Acid, Salicylic Acid, Fragrance.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I accidentally put my review for this toner in the wrong place because the photo on that page was for Effaclar, even though the reviews were for the alcohol free, more gentle toner (which I also use but in winter). I use Effaclar in the warm, humid weather of Southern Ontario summers. It is so refreshing and cuts through grease and grime, making it really great to use for a quick clean up after a run or a day in a hot, stuffy classroom when my otherwise normal skin can turn into an oil slick. Packaging is "bare bones" and practical and the price is good too.

Yeap, this lotion is astringent alright!! It dries the skin a lot and it makes it flake. It takes a little bit of redness when I have a pimple so I use it just on problem areas but I have to moisturise right after, otherwise the next day I have a dry patch that looks ugly. I think you need a very good moisturiser underneath foundation that doesn't accentuate the dryness . Luckily I do not use foundation so one less pain.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I like it in combination with serozinc, WHICH IS DISCONTINUED!!! WHY??? Alone, it's okay, but not brilliant. I will continue to purchase until I can get something else or make my own serozinc.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

* MY SKIN - Combination and dry in the winter with occasional acne.
* HISTORY - I've always used Clinique's Mild Clarifying Lotion in the past but decided to try out this product since I'm a fan of La Roche Posay.
* EXPERIENCE - Clinique's Mild Clarifying Lotion has always been good to me but I found that it required a lot of product on the cotton pad to do the job (I always had to re-moisten the cotton pad). This Effaclar toner seems to work just as well, I don't experience any tingling / burning / itchiness which is good. Also, the Effaclar does not dry out in the cotton pad like Clinique's Mild Clarifying Lotion does which means that unlike the Clinique product, a drop or two of Effaclar goes a long way. I also like the flip-top lid instead of a cap.
* PRICE - 14.20 at the pharmacy
* SUMMARY - At about the same price as the Clinique product and with the same effectiveness for my skin, I would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i feel refresh when i applied it but if u put an excess for product on the pad , it will dries up your skin . i will not buy it again .

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I bought this when I went to the drugstore and they didn't have my usual HG (Clinique Acne Solutions) and I was impatient. I wanted something NOW.
This "astringent" is really not effective,as such. It's about as effective as witch hazel, which for me sucked...I do not like witch hazel. This toner smelled really nice and the color matched my bathroom, but truly it's an underwhelming product and actually made my skin oilier. Then the millia started and it went back. Back to the drugstore after a week, and back to my HG. Effaclar was not for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

At first, I really like this toner. It made my pores look a bit smaller and didn't cause any breakouts. It made me feel really clean as well. The only problem I had with it, was that it made my skin really dry, especially on my nose which I can't stand. My nose started burning and flaking. I returned it immediately. I don't feel like this is worth the money and it's supposed to control the oilies but I don't want dry skin either! Will not repurchase.