La Roche-Posay Effaclar Toner Astringent Lotion

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.9

Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin,sodium Citrate, Propylene Glycol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Citric Acid, Salicylic Acid, Fragrance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Okay so when I purchased this on a whim I went and started searching for the reviews, and on here I found it rated so poorly that I was reluctant to try it. However, I stifled the bad reviews and tried it anyways and I'm happy I did. As much as it may not work for other people's skin, this works beautifully for mine and has helped clear up my acne so much that it is almost non-existent. Very worthwhile product in my opinion and will certainly be repurchasing. If you have olive skin tone, oily, sensitive, acne prone skin then this just may be for you but I can understand how this may not be a product for everyone, especially dry skin beauties. :)

This is drying my skin so it is not for daily use. I use it twice a week and it is good for my acne-prone skin. After using this product only on my forehead and acne I use some good moisturizer. I have it for 5months and its on half bottle

I find the product being bit too harsh. The smell is also quite strong, very medical type of smell. After applying the toner I feel quite strong burning sensation and my skin feels irritated. The toner is also quite drying, even on the oilier parts of my combination skin.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

i have been using this product in combination with the foaming cleanser and mattifying lotion for a month now.
This is a secret weapon in stopping break outs it won't work on it's own but is exceptional when used with the cleanser in particular. I'll be repurchasing this for sure.

I went to shoppers drug mart hoping to find a great product to help clear the breakout I was having since none of the stuff I used at home worked. I saw this La Roche-Posay Effaclar kit which came with 5 little bottles of different acne treatments ; a gel 15 mL, Effaclar A.I. 15 mL, this toner 15mL, lotion 5mL, and an anti-redness lotion 5mL. All these bottles we're smaller then my pinky finger for $20.
I used this toner on my acne and it didn't help at all. I was disappointed because I thought this would definitely work considering La Roche-Posay is a pretty expensive brand but nooope it didn't.

I often had problems with clogged pores and oily skin till well up to the age of 35. As if this wouldn`t be enough my skin also has gone haywire if confronted with too harsh products. I tried numerous series for akne-prone skin from high-end to low-end to ecological to doctors` brands. Some landed in the bin two days later some seemed to do a quite good job intitially and failed later. Had I just discovered the Effaclar series earlier this would have saved me a lot of money. A part of my daily routine for almost 4 years now has been this cleanser and it really workes wonders. No blackheads anymore. After application, skin is squeaking clear without being dried out too much. Pores get hardly noticeable. Neither perfume-containing nor chemically smelling. Efficient, practical plastic dispenser. Economical, mild and nevertheless highly effective product that doesn`t make out to be more than it actually is. And inexpensive at that. Wonderful in combination with the foaming cleanser and the Duo creme. Highly recommendable for akne-prone and likewise sensitive skin.

This is a good product, though it's really much lighter than most astringents.

This has a pleasant and non-offensive smell, and if you need a relatively light toning product, this is good.

It will not remove excess makeup residue, nor is it an oily skin workhorse, imo.

If you need a workhorse to help with sebum problems, remove stubborn makeup, or can tolerate a stronger product, try DDF 10 percent glycolic.

The astringent description on this is a bit misleading -- I think it's a bit mild, but if you have oily skin that is also very sensitive, this is probably good for you.

This is an effective toner if you need something milder but effective, and also have a hypersensitivity to chemical smells.

Will repurchase, though I need something stronger much of the time, as my skin's not overly sensitive.