La Roche-Posay Effaclar Toner Astringent Lotion

Filtered by hair type : Other

3.3

Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin,sodium Citrate, Propylene Glycol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Citric Acid, Salicylic Acid, Fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this toner from La Roche Posay. It does have alcohol in it, but it doesn't dry out my skin. It has helped me with clearing up breakouts and overall just as a toner normally works for skin. My skin is really oily, which is the intended skin type (or skin with acne), so I didn't have any issues using this. The cap can break easily which is annoying.

Yes, this toner is an *astringent*, meaning it has a high alcohol content (#2 ingredient!). Yes, alcohol is not the best thing to put on your skin. However, I've realized that sometimes my skin *needs* an astringent. I've been in the midst of yet another breakout (food-and-product-related), and after switching up my cleanser (to Clinique Rinse Off which is awesome so far) and adding this astringent into my routine...my acne is clearing up *fast* (2 days to do what nature would only accomplish in 1-2 weeks). This smooths my skin, and tightens my pores ("gentle" or "alcohol-free" toners really just make my skin worse I've found, so in my day to day routine I usually don't use one). It also makes my skin kind of glowy (due to the LHA microexfoliant, I assume). It does dry my skin out though. I use a good moisturizer (Renewed Hope in a Jar - wonderful wonderful stuff) but I still find my oil production somewhat amped up with this, so I am planning to cut back to once per day once this breakout is cleared, and maybe just use it at night. I think it will do a good job at preventing breakouts that way. The bottle is just ok, with a flip top cap, but I wish they'd sell a version with one of those cool pumps that you press the cotton round on. I'm only on day 3 of using this so if things change, I'll update.

i find tht this works well with my combo skin. it isnt too drying and it cleans up really well. even after washing my face with a deep cleanser, i still find a residue of dirt on my pad tht i used with this toner. it doesnt rlly help with sport treating for acne, but knowing tht it gets rid of excess oil and dirt, i rlly like it.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

Did not like this at all.
It did not help my acne, it did not help my skin be less oily and it irritated my skin.
Stopped using it.