La Roche-Posay Effaclar Toner Astringent Lotion

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.5

Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin,sodium Citrate, Propylene Glycol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Citric Acid, Salicylic Acid, Fragrance.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I accidentally put my review for this toner in the wrong place because the photo on that page was for Effaclar, even though the reviews were for the alcohol free, more gentle toner (which I also use but in winter). I use Effaclar in the warm, humid weather of Southern Ontario summers. It is so refreshing and cuts through grease and grime, making it really great to use for a quick clean up after a run or a day in a hot, stuffy classroom when my otherwise normal skin can turn into an oil slick. Packaging is "bare bones" and practical and the price is good too.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is much to harsh for my sensitive skin...it just makes my face red and sticky feeling. I would not recommend this product.

This is drying my skin so it is not for daily use. I use it twice a week and it is good for my acne-prone skin. After using this product only on my forehead and acne I use some good moisturizer. I have it for 5months and its on half bottle

Yeap, this lotion is astringent alright!! It dries the skin a lot and it makes it flake. It takes a little bit of redness when I have a pimple so I use it just on problem areas but I have to moisturise right after, otherwise the next day I have a dry patch that looks ugly. I think you need a very good moisturiser underneath foundation that doesn't accentuate the dryness . Luckily I do not use foundation so one less pain.

Bought this to remove any leftover traces of makeup. After a while, it seems to make my skin more dry and thus stop using it (in fact just using the La Roche Posay makeup removal and cleanser are good enough. You can read my reviews on these 2 wonderful products). However because of its drying effect, I will usually dip it onto the cotton wool and spot treat on my pimples or whiteheads. It was effective in drying them within 1-2 days and thought that this is much gentler to clear my spots than using benzoyl peroxide on it. Overall if I would to review it as a face toner, I wouldn't recommend it...

Three words: AD-DIC-TED. I purchased this after watching one of my favorite beauty bloggers swear by it, and now, I'm addicted to it. I used it twice a day - in the morning (followed by the La Roche Posay Spring Water mist) and at night, after Cetaphil cleanser. I've either found the perfect combination of skin care products, or this stuff alone is awesome. I hadn't used a toner in many years, but this product feels gentle enough not to dry out and strip my skin, yet hard working enough to pick up any stubborn residue left behind after the Cetaphil. It is a great product and well worth keeping as a staple in a skin cleansing regime.

it does keep my skin matte but other than that, nothing more.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

i have been using this product in combination with the foaming cleanser and mattifying lotion for a month now.
This is a secret weapon in stopping break outs it won't work on it's own but is exceptional when used with the cleanser in particular. I'll be repurchasing this for sure.

I went to shoppers drug mart hoping to find a great product to help clear the breakout I was having since none of the stuff I used at home worked. I saw this La Roche-Posay Effaclar kit which came with 5 little bottles of different acne treatments ; a gel 15 mL, Effaclar A.I. 15 mL, this toner 15mL, lotion 5mL, and an anti-redness lotion 5mL. All these bottles we're smaller then my pinky finger for $20.
I used this toner on my acne and it didn't help at all. I was disappointed because I thought this would definitely work considering La Roche-Posay is a pretty expensive brand but nooope it didn't.

I often had problems with clogged pores and oily skin till well up to the age of 35. As if this wouldn`t be enough my skin also has gone haywire if confronted with too harsh products. I tried numerous series for akne-prone skin from high-end to low-end to ecological to doctors` brands. Some landed in the bin two days later some seemed to do a quite good job intitially and failed later. Had I just discovered the Effaclar series earlier this would have saved me a lot of money. A part of my daily routine for almost 4 years now has been this cleanser and it really workes wonders. No blackheads anymore. After application, skin is squeaking clear without being dried out too much. Pores get hardly noticeable. Neither perfume-containing nor chemically smelling. Efficient, practical plastic dispenser. Economical, mild and nevertheless highly effective product that doesn`t make out to be more than it actually is. And inexpensive at that. Wonderful in combination with the foaming cleanser and the Duo creme. Highly recommendable for akne-prone and likewise sensitive skin.